The Glove Thread / Zoom Flight 98

Anyone remember these 2 zippered shoes by Nike. I would love to replace both of these pairs but I cant even find anything proving the second actually existed other than the fact I still have them :lol:

Nike Air Merciless

These released shortly after the Son of Glove was discontinued in 1999. They used the same 2.0 midsole and outsole as the SOGs and TeamDimes. I remember actually seeing these on peoples feet and being somewhat popular among the same crowd that wore Paytons. There was a very simple black/white colorway that I saw frequently and would love to track down.

This second pair I cant find any info about anywhere or even anyone who remembers the shoe. Does anyone else remember these ? Are we in the matrix and did I create these with my mind ? :nerd:

Nike Air Cover II (yes I specifically remember the "II" in the name... At the time and to this day I remember thinking I didnt even know there was an Air cover 1

I bought these at a Footaction store in 2000. I know for a fact this colorway and a black/silver colorway were a FA exclusive but I kinda remember the actual model itself being an exclusive and no other store carrying it.

Mine too, lol. Need those black/white ones in my life. Nike better retro these true to OG form no BS "enhancements".
This is soooooo true!!, Damn this made my day! Preciate all the info guys Feb can't come soon enough!! 3 pairs
devil.gif

I always thought these were a wack shoe. However, I'm not gonna hate. I see a lot of love for these around here. I hope everyone that wants to cop gets their pair.

Been dying for these to come back, i could never afford them back in High School so I coped SOG instead & I thrashed them.

I'd bet $120 (the price of the Flight Ones, I think)

130 sounds too high and anything below 120 these days is too low for Nike's greedy ***

EDIT: Got bumped to pg. 21. Ha. Oh well.

Page 20. Random GP pic from my IG account (@freddy_war if you feel like following).

dpoy.jpg

glovestw.jpg

Last edited:
Happy that these and those fab 5's are coming out, not to mention the neon air max 95, great year already....

Back
Top Bottom