The Handmaid's Tale [A Hulu Original Series] | [Season III JUNE 5: BLESSED BE THE FIGHT]

Premiere day BUMP
First 3 episodes of the season out now.

gonna wait and binge the whole thing

:smh: man .....

Not only did June sell them out, but basically got them all killed like a day later.

so now what?

June’s husband trying to hold on to her and she don’t even think about him. And he chillin there holding the baby her and her new lover made :stoneface:

I think when it’s all said n done if June isn’t dead from Gilead then he’ll be the one to do it

new season is :pimp:

Finished episode 4

This is the first show in a min where I NEED to know how on earth they will tie all this up.
How the ****will all of this end???

Not a spoiler at all, the show is masterful at showing how people cope in canada and I absolutely love that everyone deals with it in completely different ways

:smh: man .....

Not only did June sell them out, but basically got them all killed like a day later.

so now what?

June’s husband trying to hold on to her and she don’t even think about him. And he chillin there holding the baby her and her new lover made :stoneface:

I think when it’s all said n done if June isn’t dead from Gilead then he’ll be the one to do it

-Can't believe my bae Alma is really gone:frown:
-It's wild, she sold them out. Show be puttin me in these weird judgement calls.
on one hand it's HER daughter, but on the other hand Hannah seems so far gone and the longer she remains in gilead the worse it's gonna get. June should've made it a priority to get her out. If the Hannah already felt abandoned imagine if they get her out and she's told her mom got 86 kids out BEFORE her. Wouldn't doubt June gonna get more people before Hannah too.
-My heart breaks for Luke man:frown: That actor is so good I be wanting reach out and check on him. Thatscene where he listens to that tape gets me every time.
- That Lieutenant is a cold dude:smh: that rooftop scene really sucked, because you knew they were gonna die. and they knew it too.
-LOVE that the show is evolving into actual consequences for these actions. There is no protection, even if you see a friendly face, because they in the same situation you are in.
-Commander Lawrence spittin that real on what it really is w/ Gilead.
-Rita playing the Waterfords:pimp:

so far for me the show is addressing the issues I had with always being in Gilead and June just doing whatever she wants and everyone accepts it. Hopefully this war comes to head in the finale. I don't lnow what happens but one reviewer said their mind was blown and since we already renewed for next season we good

This season might be my favorite season of the show.

Really blown away how things are moving, and the callbacks to past seasons are :pimp:

I enjoyed the latest season as well. June still has that thick plot armor though. She survived an aerial bombing, getting shot and tortured all in the course of a couple of episodes 😂

I still don't understand their escape scene. So that driver just happened to need to take a piss while they're at a railroad crossing? Why was the back of their van unlocked in the first place? The first time I saw that scene I just assumed that he was in on it.

Also, did they walk from Chicago to the Canadian border? That's a couple hundred miles!

Regardless of my questions, it's going to be interesting to see where they go from here with a series. Now that June is in Canada with one of her kids, I wonder how they're going to build suspense going forward. It would be lame if she goes back into Gilead and gets caught and becomes a handmaid again.

I enjoyed the latest season as well. June still has that thick plot armor though. She survived an aerial bombing, getting shot and tortured all in the course of a couple of episodes 😂

I still don't understand their escape scene. So that driver just happened to need to take a piss while they're at a railroad crossing? Why was the back of their van unlocked in the first place? The first time I saw that scene I just assumed that he was in on it.

Also, did they walk from Chicago to the Canadian border? That's a couple hundred miles!

Regardless of my questions, it's going to be interesting to see where they go from here with a series. Now that June is in Canada with one of her kids, I wonder how they're going to build suspense going forward. It would be lame if she goes back into Gilead and gets caught and becomes a handmaid again.

Yeah the driver needing to piss while transporting literally Gileads equivalent of Osama Bin Laden was a little :stoneface: Would've made more sense for the train to already be there and for him to be like "we gonna be here a min so I'm gonna go..." then they esacape on that train.

It was also annoying that Gilead broke their agreement by bombing but the relief crew still had to be subject to a search when they left the border....they also don't give them any type of guns or their own security????

I think Janine, that 15 yr old who was a martha, Aunt Lydia, Lawrence and Nick will be our eyes in Gilead.
Showrunner said this upcoming season will be more of a June vs Serena thing.
Show has got to end at S6, if not this new season.

Yeah the driver needing to piss while transporting literally Gileads equivalent of Osama Bin Laden was a little :stoneface: Would've made more sense for the train to already be there and for him to be like "we gonna be here a min so I'm gonna go..." then they esacape on that train.

It was also annoying that Gilead broke their agreement by bombing but the relief crew still had to be subject to a search when they left the border....they also don't give them any type of guns or their own security????

I think Janine, that 15 yr old who was a martha, Aunt Lydia, Lawrence and Nick will be our eyes in Gilead.
Showrunner said this upcoming season will be more of a June vs Serena thing.
Show has got to end at S6, if not this new season.

The whole idea that they were going to make June a handmaid again was hilarious. What does she have to do to get executed? So many characters on the show have been killed for less. June has escaped three or four times, executed a plot that God 80 kids out of Gilead, she got sent to the colonies and came back again, and she dang near killed Aunt Lydia during one of her escapes... And their plan is to make her a handmaid again? 🤡😐

The whole idea that they were going to make June a handmaid again was hilarious. What does she have to do to get executed? So many characters on the show have been killed for less. June has escaped three or four times, executed a plot that God 80 kids out of Gilead, she got sent to the colonies and came back again, and she dang near killed Aunt Lydia during one of her escapes... And their plan is to make her a handmaid again? 🤡😐

:lol: :rofl:So true

I remember when this show started and I always had it pegged as more of anthology following a different character every season while keeping the core story going.
The ending to S1 would've perfectly capped Junes story, while at the same time leaving it open for her return a few season later(colonies?). Then maybe we'd follow Moira or Emily, expand that to Rita etc.
The show is such an ensemble and the actors do an incredible job
that would've been better.

:lol: :rofl:So true

I remember when this show started and I always had it pegged as more of anthology following a different character every season while keeping the core story going.
The ending to S1 would've perfectly capped Junes story, while at the same time leaving it open for her return a few season later(colonies?). Then maybe we'd follow Moira or Emily, expand that to Rita etc.
The show is such an ensemble and the actors do an incredible job
that would've been better.

I didn't even bring up the fact that she smuggled baby Nicole out a couple of seasons back.

What you're describing would be more in line with the book. One of the central themes of the book was that we were following a nameless handmaid in Gilead. There was nothing special about Offred. She was just away for us to learn about Gilead culture.

The show has turned her into a superhero mastermind celebrity.

It would have made a lot more sense if we followed handmaid's in different regions of Gilead, aunts, Marthas, Eyes, commanders, etc as opposed to four seasons of June.

Man, I’m so ****ing confused.
These are the most infertile fertile’s in the World.
None of these birds are getting knocked up.
I’ve seen 1 Baby born, ONE!

Where I really get lost is Epsidoe 8 of S1, Jezebels.
This is the epsidoe where it shows June, Hannah and Luke’s attempted escape. It’s near the end of the episode now and it says “3 years later, Little America: Toronto Canada.”

So, Nevermind.
Let me finish this epsidoe, hold that thought…….
496C298C-023F-4F4F-8F23-411CE4E536E4.jpeg

The music in this show never fails.
They get it right every single time.
Season 2 episode 1, MAXWELL: this Woman’s Work. That playing while they fake hanged the Maids in Fenway Park,
Gripping!

**** man, damn waterworks over here during the “Hi, my name is______” scene in epsidoe 7 Season 2.

Joint really got me in my feels, man.

I wish I had somebody to discuss this debauchery with.
Season 2 finale, Serena Joy finally caved and let’s her walk out undetected AND THEN, the Bit b stays?!!!

Arghhhh this show is so frustrating.

casper90403 casper90403 did you watch this?
I wish I watched it when hand2handking hand2handking and dhart48 dhart48 wete watching it.

:lol:
There are actually times where I want to post,
but yeah since I already know what happens the convo wouldn't be the same.

I'll say
That Fenway cold open is one my favorites for this show and a hella of a way to start S2.

IMO the show jumped the shark when she made it all the way to Canada and turned around. I said hell no and stopped after that stunt.

God Damn.
What does June have to do to get sent to the Wall.
They send people to the wall for Eating Eggs on a Tuesday, yet somehow she seems to be the most powerful person in Gilead, getting away with murder, literally.

:lol:
There are actually times where I want to post,
but yeah since I already know what happens the convo wouldn't be the same.

I'll say
That Fenway cold open is one my favorites for this show and a hella of a way to start S2.
Fenway Cold open was absolutely clinical.
Such a pretty shot.
They killed it with the Red Uniforms.
Anytime it’s snowing out, show just looks amazing.

Back
Top Bottom