"The League" on FX Appreciation

Season opener was meh. Show has run it's course when it relies on gay jokes for lols. Dre saying 'I'm the champ' when talking about Meegan at the draft had me dying.

Last edited:
When Rafi walked out with the garlic knots
roll.gif
roll.gif

This ep was great :rofl: :rofl:

Rafi was killing me when he compared the draft auction to a slave auction. All the way on point :lol: Trying to sell the Asian lady :lol: :lol: Crotch pockets :lol: :x

Then that fight capped everything off :rofl: :rofl:

This was the best episode in a long time. That ending fight scene had me dying. Rafi was ******* great as always.

So Kevin lost his BWW sponsorship over lying about being in the towers during 9/11. He's mentioned in several times over the years that he escaped one of the towers, but I think he was only in midtown at the time

laugh.gif

Can't really get away with things nowadays, people will find out.

So Kevin lost his BWW sponsorship over lying about being in the towers during 9/11. He's mentioned in several times over the years that he escaped one of the towers, but I think he was only in midtown at the time

:lol:

Can't really get away with things nowadays, people will find out.

He's a huge piece of **** for that. It made him a name back then. IIRC, Marc Maron got him sets to help him out because of the stories he told about it when he first got to LA. Him making that the main reason he wanted to pursue his passion kinda inspired people to root for him.

I hate how people are coming to his defense saying he's being sincere in the apology or that he was young and young people make mistakes. Like he was gonna come out and apologize if he didn't get confronted about it :lol:

Let's see how it impacts the show, if at all. They've only shot like 10/13 eps so far.

I never knew about this story but wow what an idiot. Apparently, his wife was in on it too and would corroborate his story.

What's funny to me is this is something the character Kevin wouldn't have the balls to do and if he did wouldn't be able to keep up the lie for so long :lol: Plus I don't get him admitting now he was lying. Might as well stick to the lie at this point. Now he's losing money.

I just don't get lying about something like this. Makes you come off like a real scumbag.

EDIT - Oh well if he used the lie to come up and get gigs I can see why now. Shows how low he is though.

Let's see how it impacts the show, if at all. They've only shot like 10/13 eps so far.
Doubt it will at all unless they're gonna make fun of him for it. This is the final season and isn't the season only like 10 or 12 eps long anyway?

Last edited:
Oh, didn't mean cancellation or anything. You know how FX is edgy and always pushing the envelope. I meant story wise :lol: like have him finally win the Shiva and then be involved in some horrific accident.

Rafi is my favourite character haha. "This is a slave auction right? we're light-skinned people buying players in Old timey clothes and they've all been black so far"

I remember the end of about season three or four The League had a panel at PaleyFest with the creators and someone asked a question "how did you come up with the idea of Rafi? He's the dopest character" one of the writers said

"Jason (guy who plays Rafi) came to the auditions for a small role of Sofia's brother in the first season. We loved him on set and knew we had something with his character. The looks and vibes were so perfect but we couldn't do anything because of money, and time schedule. Plus this was our first season so we couldn't change scripts. We told Jason if you just stay around and keep yourself free and if we get a second season you're locked and loaded with us. We want to have you"

Rest is history lol

The wet spot is no bueno. Ep ended so abruptly for me though.

I'm digging Pete's new smash buddy :pimp:

:rofl: @ Taco perfectly describing what this crew partially has done for 5 seasons.

The last ep was pretty funny :lol:

Didn't care that much for the cartoon Rafi part. It's like they couldn't get Seth Rogen on set or something :lol: or wanted to get really crazy with what happened and what they could show so animating it was easier.

Can't believe they killed Sofia's fine ***.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: @ Rafi this ep. This was a really funny 2nd before last ep.

Son said he had a thick piss in the kitchen bathroom a.k.a the corner. Talking about a chunky stream and I'm like how do you pee solids? :smh: :x Then Ruxin is like you had diarrhea in the corner.

Lets do bath salts :lol:

Talking about posting vids of bird sex in Puerto Rico :lol:

Dead possum :lol: Possum's are rodent pomegranate :rofl: Filled with antioxidants.

Nice finale. tied up the ends

Shiva back though
devil.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom