THE LEBRON 13 THREAD *Elites released**Command Force 6/11/16

Agree with all y'all... being one of the all-time haters of the 12s, I still managed to find 5 that I love (and hunting for more for the low)

I didn't even flinch at that mulberry deal for $112, so thats a sign

I think people remember the hype post-SB 8 until really the end of the X. People really went hard on the IX and X, and the line has been slowing ever since. IMO the datas and instincts were the only XIIs worth owning, and I STILL see them sitting on shelves.

I expect that the XIV may attempt to revisit color ways from the IX. It's been interesting watching Nike's strategy evolve with the LeBron line. From I-VI we saw very little use of limited colorways, and when they came around (Birthdays), we didn't really see anything off the wall.

VII is when we really saw the line accelerate by reverting back to gimmicks that sell (air max unit) and some amazing PEs that didn't hit retail.

We all know the SB VIII was the inflection point for the line. After they improved the popularity of the shoe in the VII-X, Nike started pushing the envelop on price and really blowing out the colorways to a wider audience. Ultimately, I think "sneakerhead" popularity of the LeBron is still declining, but I think Nike has dramatically improved sales of the LeBron line since the VI.

We all know the SB VIII was the inflection point for the line...Ultimately, I think "sneakerhead" popularity of the LeBron is still declining.
Agree and Agree... I see a bunch of people on ebay and FB sneaker groups unloading "heat" Brons for the low. When some try to ask for yesteryear prices, they sit till they drop to reasonable prices. I wonder if the "sneaker culture" is declining or is the last 3 iterations of LBs putting a bad stigma on his whole line for certain collectors (aka flavor of the month types) 

That hate need to spread to the 4s, I need some reasonably priced Birthdays and All-stars

I copped the F13's, got home, laced up (tried on in store for sizing though) and brought them back next day. Guess I'll watch from the sidelines lol. Next Bron purchases are hopefully Champ X and Cork X...
what made you return them, you just changed your mind on the way they looked? since it seems that sizing wasn't the issue. 

on another note, pot of golds can currently be bought for 160 before tax at footlocker for cyber monday, is that the best deal for these shoes right now? so far, the only colorway I really want to buy is the pot of golds. that carbon fiber all black look is awesome

Agree and Agree... I see a bunch of people on ebay and FB sneaker groups unloading "heat" Brons for the low. When some try to ask for yesteryear prices, they sit till they drop to reasonable prices. I wonder if the "sneaker culture" is declining or is the last 3 iterations of LBs putting a bad stigma on his whole line for certain collectors (aka flavor of the month types) 

That hate need to spread to the 4s, I need some reasonably priced Birthdays and All-stars
It's weird, I actually only like the lebron 11s, 12s, and one colorway of the 13s. Not really into any of the other models and it amazes me that the southbeach 9s, and a few other 9s are worth so much. do people actually like the look of that shoe or is it due to other reasons like nice materials/rarity/fitting? I know they used kevlar or carbon fiber on some of those elites

Last edited:
SB 8s def put brons on the map for many. For me, it was the 4.
I was good with the 4, 7 and above. Wanted the zoom powers too. Those were much better than the 6

SB 9s are kind of clean, IMO. The 9 elite is really a terrific shoe (minus crap quality on the swoosh). It fits great and feels excellent on court.

The XI, to me, is a top 3 LeBron shoe up there with the AZG, II, and VIII. It's really shame they put out mostly crap colorways.

I think the shoe hype is somewhat slowing down in general. The Aqua 8s are a terrific shoe, but it's hard to pony up $200+ so frequently. Nike/Footlocker/Finish Line have tried so hard to take profit away from the resellers that you're seeing day 1 demand fall off a bit. I'll be curious to see how Nike manages releases in 2016, and it will be particularly interesting to see how they are going to inject life back into the LeBron line.

SB 9s are kind of clean, IMO. The 9 elite is really a terrific shoe (minus crap quality on the swoosh). It fits great and feels excellent on court.

The XI, to me, is a top 3 LeBron shoe up there with the AZG, II, and VIII. It's really shame they put out mostly crap colorways.

I think the shoe hype is somewhat slowing down in general. The Aqua 8s are a terrific shoe, but it's hard to pony up $200+ so frequently. Nike/Footlocker/Finish Line have tried so hard to take profit away from the resellers that you're seeing day 1 demand fall off a bit. I'll be curious to see how Nike manages releases in 2016, and it will be particularly interesting to see how they are going to inject life back into the LeBron line.

Elite 9 are straight hot fire. Wish they released more colors or had them on ID.

I know the feeling. I've tried and tried to force myself to like them but I can't do it. The overall shape and height kills it for me. Dope colors but not an attractive shoe.
I copped the F13's, got home, laced up (tried on in store for sizing though) and brought them back next day. Guess I'll watch from the sidelines lol. Next Bron purchases are hopefully Champ X and Cork X...
corks aren't worth the price of admission, if you can find them for below $350 then yeah otherwise the XIIs IMHO are leagues better when I compare both of mine to each other

corks aren't worth the price of admission, if you can find them for below $350 then yeah otherwise the XIIs IMHO are leagues better when I compare both of mine to each other

I feel the cork X's get more value because of the championship
To give a honest opinion I would need to have both in hand. I only have the XII's

As they should. They were a celebration shoe for his 1st championship.

That being said, I've seen them both and the X is better to me. No question.

Model wise I like the X over the XII

For anyone that has both how are they quality wise? Did they fix the issues they were having with the X, AM 90's and dunks with the cracking issue?

As they should. They were a celebration shoe for his 1st championship.

That being said, I've seen them both and the X is better to me. No question.
Model wise I like the X over the XII

For anyone that has both how are they quality wise? Did they fix the issues they were having with the X, AM 90's and dunks with the cracking issue?
I've no cracking on either shoe as of yet but I don't wear either often, and I've taken to wearing the XII way more than the X prob 10 vs 5 respectfully

@spoonmanofthehour  while I prefer the X model to the XII I prefer the XII exts over the X exts simply because of that stupid leather tongue, when I first got them I was like ok but now it's an eyesore and I def wear them less than the XII exts AND XI exts

I was good with the 4, 7 and above. Wanted the zoom powers too. Those were much better than the 6

Glad to say I own zoom powers after searching high and low everywhere for them

still a shame they never released though :smh:

Glad to say I own zoom powers after searching high and low everywhere for them

still a shame they never released though :smh:

Closest I came was a size 3y or so in the blacks I found at an outlet but I left them there, reported it on here, and someone copped and flipped :lol:

still want the mulberry but for cheap. those and db are the only pairs worthy . someone turned the muls into low tops. look great actually

The extra 30% off at checkout was a Black Friday promotion... it ended at 12pm today

Thanks so much dude! I just ordered them for $111 (the 30% deal is on for Cyber Monday) with free shipping and no tax!! One of the best deals I've had recently.

Thanks again :smile:

pooper pooper
13's just not worth retail. Plus to me, the F13 just looks better on shelf than on my foot. So no love lost.

redrum3281 redrum3281
I just like the X better overall but you are right..searching for that 350 and under pair!

This. Just not as exciting as past models, either burn out...or other models were just flat out better. But no disrespect to some of the cats fully onboard the 13 Train. It's a fine shoe just nothing blowing my hair back lol.
QFT.  

Was all about the WITS colorway right out of the gate, but haven't been really interested in anything since.  

Have really enjoyed the all discounts though.  
nthat.gif

QFT.  

Was all about the WITS colorway right out of the gate, but haven't been really interested in anything since.  

Have really enjoyed the all discounts though.  :nthat:
Yeah the discounts have been great if you are trying to eat on the 13. Problem is that $80 on the WITS from Ubiq kinda set the bar for DEEP discounts fairly early in the cycle.

QFT.  

Have really enjoyed the all discounts though.  :nthat:
Yeah the discounts have been great if you are trying to eat on the 13. Problem is that $80 on the WITS from Ubiq kinda set the bar for DEEP discounts fairly early in the cycle.

yup! I'm still trying to find that "lowest price" as I bit a bit too early on a few 12s. like 120 on the witness and 125 on the TDM. Could have gotten both for like $75 or lower each :smh:

Back
Top Bottom