The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

so he’s going to say it affected his performance (where he won the first round)?

And the blitzkreig from Jiri was only effective because of the Staph?

Ufc so stupid man

They put Justin in a pointless fight in April when he should have fought for the belt in June

Now they’re putting the dude Justin flatlined in the title fight and who knows what will happen to Arman this year

Clearly he could get the fight in October but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he didn’t lol

If it was one more month away it would have been made smh

And doods talkin about

"The UFC is falling off"

"The UFC don't have stars"

"The best days are behind them"

"The merger killed the UFC"

giphy.gif

And doods talkin about

"The UFC is falling off"

"The UFC don't have stars"

"The best days are behind them"

"The merger killed the UFC"

giphy.gif
I don’t think anyone said that exactly.

The MMAFighting guys mentioned this in their post fight show. Folks just tired of the anti hype lol. The APEX ( for not having energy and crowd to pump the fighters). The constant barrage of cards, which leads to diluted cards. Back around UFC 100, every card was stacked. And they don’t have stars 😂

That’s why homie posted there weren’t any major stars in attendance like a marquee boxing match.

I know you trolling so I’m a let you cook like Paotan.

IMG_0139.jpeg

The ufc doesn’t need stars like they did before is the only thing I’ll say from that list

They have “stars” like O’Malley and Islam and topuria etc. the caliber of stars they need is way lower than before

The ufc doesn’t need stars like they did before is the only thing I’ll say from that list

They have “stars” like O’Malley and Islam and topuria etc. the caliber of stars they need is way lower than before
I’m one hundred percent happy we got to 300 and they’ve managed to create a formula to continue their growth as a sport.

We both know the incentive to not sell PPVs is the reason why they headline with Hill/Pereira. Forrest, Rampage, Shamrock, Liddell, Ortiz, Sonnen, Brock, GSP, Silva (to a certain extent thanks to Sonnen), McGregor, Rousey, etc.

Conor is still their biggest star (who they’ve been ishing on). Diaz left. Izzy is probably #2.

If they “wanted” they could push Sean Strickland enough where he could literally run for 2024 office lol. That dude has a following and could explode to even higher MAGA levels. And Izzy is like a current rap personality with them nails, hair, zest, etc.

Got Damb did someone really say those things!??

Besides the stars thing that is absolutely nuts

The ufc has been killing ever since conor and Ronda
every year detractors always say the UFC is dying.

Been saying it consistently since Conor went to box Floyd.

Doods was saying the UFC wouldn't survive without conor :rofl:

it was an EMBARRASMENT they put fights on during COVID

Apex is killing the product.....

I've heard it all man.

UFC just keep getting bigger and bigger every year. :pimp:

Ngl I was shocked Dana didn’t rip Sterling

Me personally I had zero issue with Sterlings performance

Everyone trashed it but I felt like it was nothing to complain about same with Bo’s

The judge who gave Charlie the fight should be forced to take a judging course and suspended until they get their head screwed on straight

The fight was not that close in terms of scoring. It was very clearly arman on the cards

Ngl I was shocked Dana didn’t rip Sterling

Me personally I had zero issue with Sterlings performance

Everyone trashed it but I felt like it was nothing to complain about same with Bo’s

Bro. I was watching the card the next day and was getting bored by Bo. Aljo probably threw more punches lol. Bo DOES have the benefit of finishing Brundage. But then again Kattar is a top ten BW. He just happens to be on a slight skid.

Aljo JUST lost to a top tier striker in his last fight. What was he supposed to do? Put on a striking clinic? That’s not his wheel house. He’s a wrestler and uses unorthodox striking to set up his take downs. And with his solid grappling, he can put some folks into the danger of submission.

🧢

So Kayla was heavier than Aljo? Old girl lost 40 pounds? AlJo looks like he walks around at 170+. I think Merab mentioned he had to lose 20 pounds on Thursday.

Dawg. Bo has like 5 fights

People get mad easily and bored easily

I get how people are mad that he’s on the main card but people expect way too much too soon

Like mmafighting guys brought up: DC’s first fights were bad

People have no patience and are super quick to be negative

Dawg. Bo has like 5 fights

People get mad easily and bored easily

I get how people are mad that he’s on the main card but people expect way too much too soon

Like mmafighting guys brought up: DC’s first fights were bad

People have no patience and are super quick to be negative
That’s fair. DC’s classic with Barnett was his 10th fight.

His hands were solid but no one looked at him like an elite level striker. Having said that…that Gustafson fight was a classic. And he was in there with some absolute killers (Gustafson, Johnson).

I don’t have any issue with Bo. I think his placement on the card was foolish. If the intention was to get eyes on him then they should have put him before or after Kayla. Jiri/Rakic could have started the main card with a banger!!

Bo is 28. He’s got “time” in MMA years. Probably 2-3 years to become his prime self.

Back
Top Bottom