The NBA Draft Thread

I ain't speaking on Bender till he comes to the league ...wasn't that impressed from the little I've seen from him, his game didn't scream out star potential to me

Last edited:
I ain't speaking on Bender till he comes to the league ...wasn't that impressed from the little I've seen from him, his game didn't scream out star potential to me

I gotta disagree, I think especially if he goes to Boston, he has a huge ceiling.

If Bender can have similar impact/ success that Splitter has had in the league then I would consider that a good pick

Last edited:
He's a better 
Better passing big than Pau?

At the same age? Definitely.

Pau wasn't playing on the wing coming into the league, he wasn't throwing up 15/10/9 in FIBA.

Bender put up

14/10/4.9 while leading the tournament in blocks, while shooting 53% and hitting 1.7 3's.

Highest assist % from a big since 97.

Highest assist to TO ratio ever.

Pau's numbers in FIBA play at the same age group while being older?

8/6/0.8

Bender was facing better comp too, he's a problem.

Last edited:
Colangelo went to Turkey last week and couldn't get a definitive answer on Saric coming to the league next season.

Saric may be holding out another season so the rookie scale doesn't apply to him.

^^^

Smart move really, with his experience he's probably going to be above average from the gate.

Mirotic did something similar if I remember correctly?

Colangelo went to Turkey last week and couldn't get a definitive answer on Saric coming to the league next season.

Saric may be holding out another season so the rookie scale doesn't apply to him.

The only reason I could see him doing this would be if they draft Simmons because him and Saric have really similar skillsets and play the same position. He's improved his shooting a lot over the past year but idk if he can play the 3 or not.

At this point, I don't see why Saric does come over. What's the rush. Add to the fact that they have a log jam of big men.... Midas whale miss on one more year

For the podcast listeners:
Episode #31 - Part 1 - Draft Express Mike Schmitz

David Locke and Mike Schmitz break down the top 8 players of the NBA Draft.

Episode #32 - Part 2 Draft Express Mike Schmitz

In Part 1 Mike Schmitz broke down spots 1-8, now Locke and Schmitz run thru spots 9-30+ of the #nbadraft

Damn, this guy is going in on Ben Simmons

"He doesn't play hard defensively. I've been following Ben since HS, he's always been too cool for school [you can't blame LSU's situation]"

Yikes

Regarding Buddy: Damn, they making the point that high usage prospects don't translate well to the NBA. Is that true generally? I see the point they're making overall, in that he won't be the focal point of an offense. I like how they differentiated JJ Reddick and Buddy, they aren't the same type of players at all

The dude is questioning if Buddy is even starter material.... yikes

Back
Top Bottom