The NBA Draft Thread

Rubio definitely doesn't seem like a Thibs point guard but he's a really good defender so maybe he'll like him.

Conley would fit so perfect with that squad if they could get him.

buc em buc em right tho , thibs def don't got time for a squad full of youngins ...he gon find a way to get some vets involved for sure, most likely to the detriment of one of the young players other than Townes n Wiggins

Coming from a sixers fan I think the safest pick at 1 is Ingram. We know he can score and potentially fill out to a Kevin durant type threat if he can develop a consistent 3-ball. Simmons can't shoot a lick, and has too many unknowns. None of these projected lottery picks are lock up defenders other than Kris Dunn.

Coming from a sixers fan I think the safest pick at 1 is Ingram. We know he can score and potentially fill out to a Kevin durant type threat if he can develop a consistent 3-ball. Simmons can't shoot a lick, and has too many unknowns. None of these projected lottery picks are lock up defenders other than Kris Dunn.
You never take the "safe pick" when you got the 1st pick , always best player available or the player with the highest ceiling in the draft which by all accounts is Simmons ....that pick is too hard to get with the lottery system to be playing it safe

Simmons and Embiid are going to be amazing together....if we got Dunn or Murray to go along with the two of them then I would love that trio so much.

One thing though....is Simmons going to have any type of workout at all? I know he's not having an individual workout with the Sixers but he should at least have one workout for some scouts.

Last edited:
You never take the "safe pick" when you got the 1st pick , always best player available or the player with the highest ceiling in the draft which by all accounts is Simmons ....that pick is too hard to get with the lottery system to be playing it safe

Exactly..We took the safe pick when we drafted Evan turner over cousins..I'm still pissed about that..I'm taking my chances with Simmons and if he doesn't pan out..I can live with that.

If you told me today Embiid was fully healthy and ready to go..I would trade both Oakafor and Noel to fill out the rest of the roster..Simmons and Embiid will be filthy..

Last edited:
I have zero faith that embiid will pan out or ever be healthy. So anything positive from him would be icing

Keep Noel, saric and okafor man. Until you're really freaking sure of what you have. I can't repeat this enough

More I dig into Bender, more I like him.

You just don't find 7'1 guys who can handle the ball like that, shoot well and have elite court vision who will be 19 a month into the season.

He has a chance to not only be your second option on offense but your second primary ball handler as well.

Really hope he falls to the Pels and they do the right thing.

Hype around Murray and Chriss can work in their favor.

More I dig into Bender, more I like him.

You just don't find 7'1 guys who can handle the ball like that, shoot well and have elite court vision who will be 19 a month into the season.

He has a chance to not only be your second option on offense but your second primary ball handler as well.

Really hope he falls to the Pels and they do the right thing.

Hype around Murray and Chriss can work in their favor.
I haven't watched any tape on him but if that's his skill set why wouldn't the Celtics draft him at 3? Seems like he has the third best ceiling.

I haven't watched any tape on him but if that's his skill set why wouldn't the Celtics draft him at 3? Seems like he has the third best ceiling.

I hope Ainge was serious when he said he's not trying to rush to contend because he would be the perfect pick.

He'll need a year+ to get his body right for the league but his skill set will only improve.

He dominated all the elite players in his age group and has some of the best historical numbers when we're talking assist rate of bigs in Euro competition.

If I'm the Celitcs I take him at 3 and use the other draft picks + a guard for a trade.

I have zero faith that embiid will pan out or ever be healthy. So anything positive from him would be icing

Keep Noel, saric and okafor man. Until you're really freaking sure of what you have. I can't repeat this enough
Been saying this the whole time ...but the sixers and everybody else seem so quick to trade , they don't even know what they really have yet :smh: ...at least let it ride until December , if not the trade deadline

I hope Ainge was serious when he said he's not trying to rush to contend because he would be the perfect pick.

He'll need a year+ to get his body right for the league but his skill set will only improve.

He dominated all the elite players in his age group and has some of the best historical numbers when we're talking assist rate of bigs in Euro competition.

If I'm the Celitcs I take him at 3 and use the other draft picks + a guard for a trade.
Gonna have to watch some film on him later.

It's borderline insane to slot Embiid in for anything right now or project what he could do on the court next season.

The Sixers updates are basically meaningless to me, 2 years out the game for a young big w/ foot & back issues is still major cause for concern. And last time dude was on the court he was facing college competition and was like 3 inches shorter (pause).

There's just too much going on w/ that situation so it should be full wait & see mode from now until we see something tangible.

I'm rooting for ol' boy though. I hope we could look back one day and think, "man, he went from all those setbacks to becoming a dominant force".

League ain't running out of shooters any time soon, Bring the bigs byke...

Gonna have to watch some film on him later.

Most definitely, his FIBA play is :x.

Destroying all the best young players in Europe and flirting with triple doubles.

His best comparison would be Draymond/Lakers Odom lite with more height and better shooting coming in.

Back
Top Bottom