The NBA Draft Thread

1st 2 picks set in stone , Simmons then Ingram ...after that this draft falls off a cliff Imo
laugh.gif

What's up wit Skal, he showing any improvement or still sucks right now ? Haven't seen a UK game in a min

I still think Dunn will be able to contribute right away. Would be interesting to see him land somewhere like Minnesota. Would be a perfect fit....

I still think Dunn will be able to contribute right away. Would be interesting to see him land somewhere like Minnesota. Would be a perfect fit....

I think that's the aim. They probably wanted to hold off on Rubio to see if landing Dunn was feasible, depending on how they finish out the season. That's just a guess.

Denzel Valentine's projection/ceiling? Last season I figured he was a Danny Green type but this year seems like he's taken up to an even higher level

Denzel Valentine's projection/ceiling? Last season I figured he was a Danny Green type but this year seems like he's taken up to an even higher level
Honestly, as cliche as it sounds, his game truly is very reminiscent of Draymond's. I would have no problem taking him mid first. He will be ready to play right away and can do a little bit of everything.

That's the second time I've heard Denzel-Draymond, two totally different players in college for sure as in Draymond worked the elbow and high-post as a big and Valentine works the perimeter. Defensively I see versatility I suppose but altogether I don't know if it's enough for the comparison.

The comparison between Denzel and Draymond I don't quit understand. I meaN other than playing for Michigan state I don't quite understand the comparison. They play completely different positions and have had completely different careers.

1. Draymond was good from jump.

Denzel didn't start dominating until he was old (bad sign for NBA future) Draymond was really effective once he got playing time, if you look at his per minute stats Draymond was always productive.

2. Size.

Draymond is short in height, but his his huge wing spam and standing reach are average for an NBA PF. Denzel doesn't have the size to play anything other than wing in the NBA. Draymond has wing skills in a big body, Denzel has wings skills in a wing body. One is a unique talent the other is a regular wing prospect.

I think a more versatile Danny Green would be a great ceiling for Denzel but comparing him to Draymond seems generally crazy.

Denzel might be running point in the league. He's showing out right now there.

Only thing that's similar is they both do many things very well.

Izzo :pimp:

Draymond Per 40
Freshman- N/A
Sophomore- 15.5 / 12.1 / 4.7
Junior- 16.7 / 11.5 / 5.5
Senior- 19.6 / 12.8 / 4.6

Valentine Per 40
Freshman- 9.6 / 8 / 4.6
Sophomore- 10.9 / 8.2 / 5.2
Junior- 17.5 / 7.6 / 5.2
Senior- 24.1 / 9.4 / 8.9

Numbers aren't THAT far off. I will agree that Denzel is more perimeter oriented obviously. Both are the jack of all trades type though. Valentine's wingspan is only 3.5 inches less than Draymond's and he's only 10 pounds less.

I don't think Valentine is a 4/3 like Dudley is. More of a 2/3, although Dudley was sort of a 2/3 entering the league into his early years. He's probably more well rounded than Dudley was, but I doubt he'll be asked to do as much in the league as he is now at Michigan St. Maybe Doug Christie-like player. Hit above average % on threes, secondary ball handler, dish a few assists, tough on defense.

Anyone have any thoughts on Jakob Poeltl?

Is Malik Newman a late first or second round draft pick ? I haven't seen his garbage team play once this season

Back
Top Bottom