The NBA Draft Thread

Domatas Sabonis beat the ever loving **** out of Poetl.:lol:

My brain says take Poetl if I'm the Raptors but diffucult to get that game out of my head.

Straight dominated him with a height disadvantage.

No telling what any above average 5 will do to him in the L.

Poetl is blah to me. Who does he project to be

Not into him at all, his peak is Brook Lopez.

Offensive minded centers who aren't good defenders or rim protectors don't interest me at all, no great team has one and there's a reason why.

Same why I could give a damn about Okafor, dude said Noel can't guard centers but thinks Jah can. :lol:

Guess who didn't watch any Sixers games at all and just wants to get his uninformed opinions off?

I'm shocked Thad got us the 20th pick. He's okay and I'm sure he'll help the Pacers but I'm glad we got rid of him. Very weird career arc for him considering the prospect he was in college.

I...like this trade proposal for both teams.

Trade is trash for Philly.

Beverly's defense/athleticism has eroded in what are supposed to be his prime years, he's a good backup on a good contract I guess.

Ariza is 30 and has been declining for two years now. He's only signed for two more years at 7 per so it isn't that bad but he's a below average wing player.

You trade one of the most promising defensive players in the league who's going to be 22 this year?

That's horrible, they should only trade him for the #3 pick.

Last edited:

@JakeLFischer In preliminary trade talks, Houston pitched the Sixers a package involving Trevor Ariza and Patrick Beverley for Nerlens Noel, per source.
trevor   
embarassed.gif

bring him home mitch

Trade is trash for Philly.

Beverly's defense/athleticism has eroded in what are supposed to be his prime years, he's a good backup on a good contract I guess.

Ariza is 30 and has been declining for two years now. He's only signed for two more years at 7 per so it isn't that bad but he's a below average wing player.
All predicated on Ben Simmons being that dude.

Maybe add a couple of second rounders with Ariza and Beverly to make it more reasonable.

Just in terms of fit (and nothing else), Noel would be perfect for portland alongside Dame and Urkel.

Maybe add a couple of second rounders with Ariza and Beverly to make it more reasonable.

Even if Ben Simmons hits his peak, you need somebody like Nerlens next to him because he's no going to give you much on defense.

Not to mention how deadly they would be in PnR/on the boards.

The thing it's really predicated on is Embiid's health.

Just in terms of fit (and nothing else), Noel would be perfect for portland alongside Dame and Urkel.

Bruh, they would be too lit.

Dame
Stephon
Crabbe
Aminu
Nerlens

Elite shooting/ballhandling and you switching everything on defense.

Ariza isn't that bad TBH he's a great locker room guy and plays hard he just is kinda streaky with his shot

Yeah, I'm with y'all. I don't like that trade for Philly. What exactly would be the goal there? Acquisition of Ariza/Bev duo is for teams trying to win right now.

I know Philly needs vet presence or whatever, but I wouldn't give up Noel for those 2. At least give me something with more upside than that.

Highly interested in seeing what Noel's value is around the league though. Maybe we are overrating it. I'm sure that's currently trying to get figured out.

Last edited:
Ariza/Bev does nothing for Philly.

Noel's stock is very interesting though due to his contract. You know someone is going to give him max money next year.

Even if Ben Simmons is a star, you don't trade young talent for old declining not-that-good roleplayers. Teams need to start learning to not rush when you get a star. Look at the Pelicans

The impossible happened....the Brooklyn Nets have a draft pick...

Thad Young Traded to Pacers for the 20th pick.

Nets beyond trash. :lol:

Can't wait to get the cheap tickets in Barclays to see my favorite visiting guys though.

Nets beyond trash. :lol:

Can't wait to get the cheap tickets in Barclays to see my favorite visiting guys though.
Pretty sure they are emptying the cupboard in order to ATTEMPT to make a FA splash next summer...That's my guess at least.

Bk coming up :pimp:

They will def add some solid pieces in free agency. That and rhj and cmac coming back healthy, I like their chances of not being a bottom 2 squad

Who should they pick? I have not followed the Nets at all and can't even name their starting five.

Back
Top Bottom