The NBA Draft Thread

I think they'll try to move him to the bench. Personally I'd inquire and see if a package of him and Clarkson can get you a wing.

Hard to comment on work ethic, I will say the pre-game footage floating around is Ben Simmons just casually bricking jumper after jumper. :lol:

Didn't exactly look like a guy with a burning desire to work and improve his jumper.

but who knows.

*shrugs*

Last edited:
Didn't Pop just say shoot arounds are pointless? Players improve during the summer time, that's when the repetition takes place. Trying to draw any conclusions from a pregame walkthrough is silly. 

Last edited:
Whats everyone's opinion on Buddy in the NBA? I know he's not the greatest athlete but man his game is so pure- he can score in so many different ways with ease. I can see him being a very effective scorer in the league or am I off base? I don't watch as much CBB as I'd like so I'm genuinely asking what people think.

Didn't Pop just say shoot arounds are pointless. Players improve during the summer time, that's when the repetition. Trying to draw any conclusions from a pregame walkthrough is silly. 

I didn't say I drew any conclusions. Its just an observation.

I see Brandon Ingram locked in taking 3 pointers like its a game situation and Ben is causally bricking, I'm not saying you should draw conclusions I'm just saying it doesn't look good. :lol:

Last edited:
Didn't Pop just say shoot arounds are pointless. Players improve during the summer time, that's when the repetition. Trying to draw any conclusions from a pregame walkthrough is silly. 

I didn't say I drew any conclusions. Its just an observation.

I see Brandon Ingram locked in taking 3 pointers like its a game situation and Ben is causally bricking, I'm not saying you should draw conclusions I'm just saying it doesn't look good. :lol:

Osh, askin your opinion, DLo, Clarkson, Randle, you got the #1 pick, would you take Ingram over Ben? Right now, today, knowin what you know. Pre workouts, etc.

I'll be very interested to see where Marquese Chriss gets buzz if he declares. If this was 2002 he'd be going Top 10, now his traditional value/position is becoming obsolete.

Maybe his position is, but not his skillset. Great knack for rebounding, flies in outta nowhere for offensive boards and can hit a 3 from anywhere...I say he fits just fine. Has a propensity for foul trouble though. Really hope he stays.

Last edited:
Chriss rebounded very poorly this year aside from flying in for some O Boards. I like him a lot I'm just interested to see how a super athletic 6'9 forward without playmaking skills is viewed today.

Duke has their managers running 4.5 40 yard dashes out of timeouts. Again I don't think you can compare their situations..Duke vs LSU are worlds apart in culture. Maybe he won't get it but I'd bet he does, a dose of reality of how hard you have to work will be a good thing for him.

Last edited:
Whats everyone's opinion on Buddy in the NBA? I know he's not the greatest athlete but man his game is so pure- he can score in so many different ways with ease. I can see him being a very effective scorer in the league or am I off base? I don't watch as much CBB as I'd like so I'm genuinely asking what people think.
I like him a lot. Don't think he'll be a star at the next level, but I do think his shot making ability will translate and he can be a contributor. I'd certainly take him ahead of Jaylen Brown...Would be a toss up between him and Murray for me though...

Id like to see Buddy in back court with e.mudiay with g.Harris as six man...nuggets have so many picks like 76ers,Suns and Celtics that they could address so many needs...

Osh, askin your opinion, DLo, Clarkson, Randle, you got the #1 pick, would you take Ingram over Ben? Right now, today, knowin what you know. Pre workouts, etc.

I mean I've been saying for while that I would still take Simmons, but I must admit I'm wavering slightly.

If the Lakers got him you would have to get rid of Randle or move him to the bench.

I think Ingram is a better fit but Simmons is still, probably, a better prospect.

Ingram is definitely a better fit to LA.

Is Bender a better fit too? Is he the same mold as KP? Admittedly know nothing about him.

Is Bender a better fit too? Is he the same mold as KP? Admittedly know nothing about him.

He's much more of a complimentary player. Not a creator.

Bender is a textbook example of where the American system of basketball development is better than europe.

People complain about AAU, but learning to beat guys one on one and being forced to create offense in unstructured environment produces more creative players.

Bender lacks that creativity to be a primary offensive cog. But he could be the perfect complementary piece like a Draymond Geen. combo of shooting/passing/rim protection/ball handling

Last edited:

He's much more of a complimentary player. Not a creator.

Bender is a textbook example of where the American system of basketball development is better than europe.

People complain about AAU, but learning to beat guys one on one and being forced to create offense in unstructured environment produces more creative players.

Bender lacks that creativity to be a primary offensive cog. But he could be the perfect complementary piece like a Draymond Geen. combo of shooting/passing/rim protection/ball handling

A Draymond Green type definitely goes top 5 today.

Bender is too slow and soft to be a Draymond type player.

A younger, longer, softer, less athletic Nikola Mirotic is what I see him as.

Back
Top Bottom