The NBA Draft Thread

idk, I thought Noah was viewed as the inside out type of stretch big... isn't Isaac in that mold too? 

For 1.....Vonleh coming out was already 50 lbs heavier than Than JI right now

Vonleh was more of a bruiser, mobile big with potential to stretch the floor. More of an 18ft and in type guy. He also didn't have much ball skills and was very physical.

Isaac is much more perimter oriented. His range extends farther. A much better shooter. Also very lengthy, versatile and can defend on the perimter. Isaac scores most off of cuts, pull up jumpers and 3s.

B Sox B Sox compared Isaac's game and impact to Otto Porter's now.....except longer and with more upside.

idk, I thought Noah was viewed as the inside out type of stretch big... isn't Isaac in that mold too? 

For 1.....Vonleh coming out was already 50 lbs heavier than Than JI right now

Vonleh was more of a bruiser, mobile big with potential to stretch the floor. More of an 18ft and in type guy. He also didn't have much ball skills and was very physical.

Isaac is much more perimter oriented. His range extends farther. A much better shooter. Also very lengthy, versatile and can defend on the perimter. Isaac scores most off of cuts, pull up jumpers and 3s.

B Sox B Sox compared Isaac's game and impact to Otto Porter's now.....except longer and with more upside.

Exactly. Last I remember, Vonleh was compared heavily to Chris Bosh before being drafted. Isaac isn't that at all.

Well, yes, that is to be expected in these U18 tourneys... but to deem him a bust already? Seems a bit drastic lol

Yeah, no one can really call him a bust because he's not even drafted yet. :lol:

Let's wait and see where/ if he gets drafted to make statements like that.

Eh I don't see it with Bender or that German dude. Call
it the eye test or w.e just don't think they'll be anything more than average role players.

As far as Josh Jackson. He knows how to play winning basketball. Kid will be everything MKG shoulda been.

Last edited:
Yeah maybe now, but I'm talking about when he was at Cal.
That's fair. From what I've seen from him in the NBA, the more I feel like that situation at Cal was bad.

As far as Jackson goes, he's basically the same kind of athlete as Brown, but is better than him in every facet of the game.

It's 1 game on the road against a top 10 team.

If you watched, he still looked amazing even with the bad shooting.

Hey I would still take him on the Sixers all day, just was surprised when I saw his stats for the day

Not a ton to disagree with there, especially 1-5.

Real talk. I think those are the top 5 prospects. And it should be a consensus at this point.

Fultz most likely will go 1. 2-5 is a toss up of Jackson/Isaac/Smith/Ball

I gotta get aground and watch that big from Creighton play a full game.

Real talk. I think those are the top 5 prospects. And it should be a consensus at this point.

Fultz most likely will go 1. 2-5 is a toss up of Jackson/Isaac/Smith/Ball

I gotta get aground and watch that big from Creighton play a full game.
Agreed. I haven't watched Creighton at all. Despite his defensive inefficiencies, I find it hard to not see Markkanen on this list though.

Markkanen is a perfect fit next to AD.

What are your guys thoughts on Miles Bridges? Gotta see if his 3 ball is consistent. If Knicks land in that range dont mind picking him at all. His toughness and physicality remind me alot of Anthony Mason/Oakley.

Last edited:
I like Bridges a lot, he's a good athlete at the 4 and if he can become a consistent shooter he has serious upside.

Could be an awesome fit next to KP eventually as he has the body type that you would want next to him.

Loved Bridges since I watched him in HS.

He is an elite athlete, NBA body and a unique skillset. He's already an amazing defender IQ wise for his age, that part of his game is very tantalizing.

Elite rebounder, grabs near 24% of defensive boards when he's on the floor, best of any freshman guard/forward playing his level of minutes.

His combination of scoring/rebounding/defensive BPM/assist % is absolutely great, not really even a comparison for another freshman recently besides Josh Jackson and Ben Simmons.

I feel like he's only going to gain more steam going into March.

Only problem is, he's undersized for the 4 at the next level.

He's 6'7 but only a 6'9 wingspan and 8'7 standing reach.

That's fine for a 3 but not a 4.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom