The NBA Draft Thread

Is Andrew Wiggins not a great young player?
You'd be hard pressed to name very many players better at 22 or under right now in the L.  

As a wolves fan I'm def torn, and tough to be objective because we have been so bad for so long, but Wiggins is def the goods. He improves every year, and has added sufficient handle/jumper to combine with his top tier athleticism. His pick n roll game has also evolved. I feel it has been so long since we had a guy that we knew who we were going to with the game on the line, and he is that guy to the fullest. 

He still def disappears too much for a top 2 option, takes way too many long 2's and doesn't have the emotion that the top guys usually have, but you can lead with action in this league, just as long as you don't go Howard with it , he also seems to be allergic to passing, but all that regardless- he and Towns are the only untouchables on the team.

Last edited:
Wasn't Melo Trimble projected to go in the first round last year, stayed to get into a stronger draft, terrible decision.

Bamba is apparently extremely intelligent too, he was considering Harvard 
eek.gif

These kids are made in labs breh

I am. If you're looking for a superstar player that'll change your franchise dont draft him. If you're looking for a key piece (#3 option), fringe all star, long term option at SG then draft him. I'm just as high on him as I was on Beal coming out.

Wow...by saying that you are as high on him, are you saying that he has the same potential to make an impact as what Beal is making right now?

One thing I do like about him is that he is VERY good at running between screens to get open. He reminds me of Rip Hamilton and Reggie in that regard.

It really depends, because both Beal and Monk are elite shooters, but after 5 years of NBA experience can Monk average 20+ ppg?

Maybe. I really iike him but then again I like pretty much every and any shooter :lol:

Last edited:
Oops have no clue what I was thinking on that, Kings will get two lotto picks most likely

As I said before, there's no way they can mess this up

With Kangz luck they will land in the top 3 and pick will go to NOLA. Then with their 9th pick they will select someone we've never heard of.

With Kangz luck they will land in the top 3 and pick will go to NOLA. Then with their 9th pick they will select someone we've never heard of.

The Sixers have the right to swap picks with the Kings if they get a higher pick....don't know where you're getting that the pick would go to the Pelicans

The Sixers have the right to swap picks with the Kings if they get a higher pick....don't know where you're getting that the pick would go to the Pelicans

Sixers could get the #2 and Kings could get #3 in theory. Or am I wrong with that?
That's correct but the Kings dont owe the pelicans anything in terms of draft pick compensation. Just that the pelicans pick they owe us is top 3 protected.

Last edited:
Yea I think he's talking about NOLA's pick landing top 3 and staying with NOLA

It really depends, because both Beal and Monk are elite shooters, but after 5 years of NBA experience can Monk average 20+ ppg?

Maybe. I really iike him but then again I like pretty much every and any shooter :lol:

They compare very well as prospects, more so than JR.

They shot it at the almost the exact same level in their one and done years, Beal was the superior defender and rebounder though.

I would argue that Monk is the better athlete but until he expands his offensive repertoire, he won't be able to fully utilize it.

Beal was better at creating offense and physically stronger but their shooting talents and overall scoring ability are very close.

They compare very well as prospects, more so than JR.

They shot it at the almost the exact same level in their one and done years, Beal was the superior defender and rebounder though.

I would argue that Monk is the better athlete but until he expands his offensive repertoire, he won't be able to fully utilize it.

Beal was better at creating offense and physically stronger but their shooting talents and overall scoring ability are very close.

That is very encouraging to hear. I haven't watched Beal in college but I like that potential.

That is very encouraging to hear. I haven't watched Beal in college but I like that potential.

Beal played small forward his 1 year in college so you didn't miss much. The Gators lost to Louisville in the Elite 8

Last edited:
Yeah.. Zion pretty much already has the GOAT tape even without that highlight.. what was that AAU?

Dude looks huge it's insane how he can jump and hang like that

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom