The NBA Draft Thread

If an injury happens sure. I cant see him being better than any current starting C in the NBA.
I mean I don't think he's going to be able to start right out of the gate, but I don't see why he couldn't develop and become a starter in the future. He's already good at what a lot of teams are coveting at the center position.

In what world do mobile 7 footers who can block shots and hit their free throws don't have a chance to start in the NBA? :lol:

In what world do mobile 7 footers who can block shots and hit their free throws don't have a chance to start in the NBA? :lol:
I'm saying man. Don't get how you could just write him off.

Seems like he's a Mason Plumlee-type at worst?

1. Amir Johnson started in the NBA and was very effective.

2. Zach is 7 feet tall not an undersized C.

I'm not saying that in a bad way, just saying their skill set as a player is very similar, Zach has a couple inches on him though

Plumlee is a better passer imo
He also got to develop his passing in 4 years at Duke...My main point is that he's a legit 7 footer (even Plumlee isn't that), that's a good athlete, can run the floor, block shots and rebound. All of these traits are exactly what teams are looking for in their Center, unless it's someone like Boogie Cousins.

Last edited:
Chad Ford is saying teams are giving a 'slight edge' to Fultz over Ball for #1

"Slight edge" any team who doesn't take fultz number one needs to be sent to the d league

It's been pretty consistent like that for a while. The league scouts really do value Lonzo's leadership that much even though Fultz is the more talented player.

Last edited:
Any evidence on what Ball does that proves he's got such a special gift of leadership? I'm honestly curious

Like actual facts (outside of the team record) and things he's done that prove he's a great leader

I like Ball but I'm hesitant af to put him ahead of Fultz or even Josh Jackson

Last edited:

Any evidence on what Ball does that proves he's got such a special gift of leadership? I'm honestly curious

Like actual facts (outside of the team record) and things he's done that prove he's a great leader

I like Ball but I'm hesitant af to put him ahead of Fultz or even Josh Jackson
100% Agree bro

Any evidence on what Ball does that proves he's got this special gift of leadership? I'm honestly curious

You can see he has command of the floor. His demeanor and the elevating of his teammates play. Seeing the play before its there is probably his best gift. I also think him excelling in running a wide open system with the way the league is trending is a plus

Last edited:
Latest Chad Ford Mock -- http://bit.ly/2nF8nBP

1. Celtics: Markelle Fultz
2. Suns: Lonzo Ball
3. Lakers: Josh Jackson
4. Magic: Malik Monk
5. Sixers: Dennis Smith
6. Knicks: Jayson Tatum
7. Kings: De'Aaron Fox
8. Wolves: Lauri Markkanen
9. Mavericks: Frank Ntilikina
10. Kings (via Pelicans): Jon Isaac
11. Pistons: Zach Collins
12. Hornets: Miles Bridges
13. Nuggets: Harry Giles
14. Heat: TJ Leaf

You can see he has command of the floor. His demeanor and the elevating of his teammates play. Seeing the play before its there is probably his best gift. I also think him excelling in running a wide open system with the way the league is trending is a plus
Yeah, I don't know man. Doesn't seem like very compelling evidence of his leadership qualities, no hate

Yeah, I don't know man. Doesn't seem like very compelling evidence of his leadership qualities, no hate

Well leadership is an intangible. You can't quantify it with numbers. But that's the rep he has with scouts.

Back
Top Bottom