The NBA Draft Thread

After months of film study and my brother teaching himself how to become a web designer, the website is up and running.

Feedback/ criticism is ok. We're a 3 man team trying to compete with the big dogs.

http://www.nbadraftjunkies.com

So there is a section in the middle of the screen that has Each Position Listed. There is the words PG/SG/SF/PF/C ; and under there is a picture of a top prospect in each position. If I click on the picture of the player, I expected to be sent to the list of prospects for each position, instead I was sent to that player's page. I personally think it should send you to the list of prospects and not the player profile. Hope this makes sense.

I see what you're saying. The link to the prospect list is the position. I'll see if this a D.C. thing or a general problem but thanks for letting me know

I see what you're saying. The link to the prospect list is the position. I'll see if this a D.C. thing or a general problem but thanks for letting me know
I have no reason to joke around with your business.

I would say remove the pics under the position names or allow the pics to serve as links to the prospects list.

Last edited:
Yeah lakers could lose this years pick and being able to keep next years would be good

Either way whether it's this year or next it's going to suck losing a pick, both drafts are solid

Need next year's Nets pick to be top 4 as well, so I think I may need the Lakers to get this year's pick...

I already feel like doncic is hella overrated :lol:

Nets on the come up :pimp:. They can be a fringe playoff team in a weak east a la Detroit/Charlotte. That pick is losing value by the minute..

After months of film study and my brother teaching himself how to become a web designer, the website is up and running.

Feedback/ criticism is ok. We're a 3 man team trying to compete with the big dogs.

http://www.nbadraftjunkies.com
It's a pretty nice foundation. I'm sure you guys are working hard to complete it/round it out

The obvious feedback would be to just make yourself unique from NBAdraft.net and draftexpress. So far your commentary on the mock draft already stands out from those other two sites, I feel like with your knowledge, you could even flesh out those blurbs even more with more insight

Hope you all flourish

Nets on the come up :pimp:. They can be a fringe playoff team in a weak east a la Detroit/Charlotte. That pick is losing value by the minute..
18 year old that can play 3 positions and is already a stud in the Euroleague?

In the East, I really can't name a team other than Orlando that may potentially be worse than Brooklyn. All these other bad teams have high draft picks and cap space. Brooklyn has looked really solid with Lin healthy, but the majority of their wins are also against teams that are openly tanking. Brook Lopez might potentially get moved as well.

I already feel like doncic is hella overrated
laugh.gif

Nets on the come up
pimp.gif
. They can be a fringe playoff team in a weak east a la Detroit/Charlotte. That pick is losing value by the minute..
Would you rather lose this year or next year's pick? With the centers/rim protectors that could be in next year's, I'm almost leaning towards rather keeping next year's 

Need next year's Nets pick to be top 4 as well, so I think I may need the Lakers to get this year's pick...
If the lakers lose this pick, they will lose their 2019 1st round pick to the Magic as well. The can't trade back to back first round picks rule. So if the lakers keep this pick, they will send next years to philly and the first round pick to Orlando turns into 2 seconds. So they have incentive to keep this pick.

If the lakers lose this pick, they will lose their 2019 1st round pick to the Magic as well. The can't trade back to back first round picks rule. So if the lakers keep this pick, they will send next years to philly and the first round pick to Orlando turns into 2 seconds. So they have incentive to keep this pick.
Yeah basically I just want the Nets to be as bad as possible, and if the Lakers don't get their pick this year, they are most definitely going to be worse than Brooklyn.

In the East, I really can't name a team other than Orlando that may potentially be worse than Brooklyn. All these other bad teams have high draft picks and cap space. Brooklyn has looked really solid with Lin healthy, but the majority of their wins are also against teams that are openly tanking. Brook Lopez might potentially get moved as well.

If we trade Melo I don't see more than 22-25 wins next season

It's a pretty nice foundation. I'm sure you guys are working hard to complete it/round it out

The obvious feedback would be to just make yourself unique from NBAdraft.net and draftexpress. So far your commentary on the mock draft already stands out from those other two sites, I feel like with your knowledge, you could even flesh out those blurbs even more with more insight

Hope you all flourish
Random but  I vividly remember my man Givony curving me when I asked him to intern at DX
mean.gif
eyes.gif

Would you rather lose this year or next year's pick? With the centers/rim protectors that could be in next year's, I'm almost leaning towards rather keeping next year's 

I'm honestly leaning towards next year as well. Mind you I'm not down with tanking​ next year at all but I'm expecting a pick anywhere from 7-11, maybe higher with a lucky draw. When I see a guy like jarred Vanderbilt mocked at the 10 spot I wouldn't even care about losing this year's pick. Just a first impression but he looks as good as anybody outside of fultz who is the only guy I'm really sold on in this draft. Him and all the bigs you mentioned make the 18 draft real appealing

Rose also comes off the books this summer, so the Knicks could definitely get someone in free agency that can help them going forward.
the Knicks have been getting a star player in free agency for as long as I can remember and they still suck.

Really that's the saying year in and out and still nothing. I'm tired of waiting.

Wait wut. First time hearing about this

So it's either

Lose this year pick + keep next year first round pick + lose 2019 first round pick

Keep this year pick + lose next year first round pick + keep 2019 first round pick

Hmmmm

Random but  I vividly remember my man Givony curving me when I asked him to intern at DX
mean.gif
eyes.gif
Dayum. I'm sure they could use help

I think next year's pick turns into 2 2nd rounders if they keep the pick (or something like that :lol:)

I'm not expecting him to be a bust or anything but from the little I've seen his talent doesn't jump off the screen. He makes cute plays here and there but he's not really athletic and can't really get by anyone. He kinda reminds me of a Boris diaw type. One of those guys who has size and just kinda adequate handles and agility so they let him dribble. I've seen people call him a phenom and all this other stuff but it's hard for me to heap that kinda praise on someone who's not an elite athlete.

Back
Top Bottom