The NBA Draft Thread

How yall feel bout Monk? ...to boy can get buckets but can he/is he gon do anything else?
Yup that's the big question mark with him.

82% from the line, 40% from three, so that jumper is elite, but my guy does absolutely nothing else :lol:

He's gonna provide gravity even when he's missing which is nice, but in terms of actual tangible production outside of that, I don't know.

but the thing is shooting is the most important skill.

ft% is a generally more reliable indicator than 3p% for future shooting.

Josh shoots the ball way in front of his body with a weird wind up, sometimes on the way down, varying release points, horrible misses, shot terribly from everywhere except from the low sample 3PA. If that's not a broken jumper, what is?

I think if you are in the top 3 you have to go for upside, and Josh Jackson could maybe be Andre Iguadala, which would be a great outcome but not quite good enough for a top 3 pick.

4.9 free throw attempts per game isn't a reliable indicator of anything IMO...if he was shooting 10 a game and only hitting 5 of them then sure I'd have my worries, but I need more proof. We'll see how he shoots in workouts. If his shot is as broke as you think it is and he doesn't shoot well in workouts then we won't be picking him. Colangelo said himself this year they may be looking at fit moreso than in previous drafts because of us finally seeing what we have in Embiid and also having Simmons as one of the building blocks.

Jimmy Butler has been a pretty average shooter for his career and is an All-NBA player. I'm not saying that Jackson is going to be the same, but that is sort of the blueprint. Jackson has similar all around tools and has that dog in him. I still stand by him being the 3rd potential star of this draft along with Fultz and Fox.

5 free throws in 30 mins is a decent amount.

I remember having a 10/17 game, several other games where he was around 50-60% on decent volume.

The shot is broken man :lol:

Nah chill I'm not saying he should have shot that many in college :lol: I'm just saying I gotta see a larger sample size of his free throw shooting than barely even 5 per game to feel that his shot is broke beyond fixing like OKB is trying to say

Jimmy Butler has been a pretty average shooter for his career and is an All-NBA player. I'm not saying that Jackson is going to be the same, but that is sort of the blueprint. Jackson has similar all around tools and has that dog in him. I still stand by him being the 3rd potential star of this draft along with Fultz and Fox.

This. Shooting is great and it makes life easier but there's plenty of stars and really good players that are bad to average shooters.

If you can't shoot, you can't play :lol: All-NBA Giannis would like a word with you

This. Shooting is great and it makes life easier but there's plenty of stars and really good players that are bad to average shooters.

If you can't shoot, you can't play :lol: All-NBA Giannis would like a word with you
Giannis isn't the greatest example because of how much of a freak of nature he is. But yeah, Jackson doesn't even need to be an above average shooter, IMO, to be a stud.

I'm interested to see what the Sixers do with their pick.  Are they going to pick a PG at 3 with Simmons potentially playing point forward?

Trade down and get Monk fits with Simmons....

Simmons point forward and ball responsibility that can let Monk cook off the 1st or 2nd pass.

Monk is PERFECT for them.

Last edited:
I'm interested to see what the Sixers do with their pick.  Are they going to pick a PG at 3 with Simmons potentially playing point forward?

trade up and take Fultz

say put and take Jackson

trade back and take Monk

these are the 3 scenarios I see happening with the Sixers but I would take Fox at #3 in a heartbeat

Bill Simmons on his last 2 pods, threw out the sixers trading up to 1..

For the sixers fans, what would y'all realistically be willing to give up in that scenario?

Last edited:
What exactly do you think you would need to do to trade up? Boston would want at the very least, #3, Saric, 2018 Lakers pick. Probably more.

So you basically want two top 3 picks and the best rookie in the league this past year besides Embiid.......yeah that's not happening

What exactly do you think you would need to do to trade up? Boston would want at the very least, #3, Saric, 2018 Lakers pick. Probably more.

I know Ainge is going to want a haul

my guess is Dario plus #3 and at least one of the Lakers or Kings unprotected picks plus one of the Sixers 1st rounders

I personally just want to stay put at #3 or trade back but I think they really like Fultz

That's definitely what ainge would ask for :lol:

I just remembered something. A while back I saw a list somewhere of all the best shooting big men to come out of college which of course Lauri was near the top. Literally all the guys on the list were trash, names you wouldn't even recognize. That just sealed why I hate makonnen

Back
Top Bottom