The NBA Draft Thread

Jimmy Butler is the exception, not the rule.

Jimmy is great but it's not like he's doing something that can't be replicated.

At this point, I don't know what guidelines we're using for 'cant shoot' anyway. Typically people are talking about shooting 3s well.

Jimmy Butler is the exception, not the rule.

Jimmy is great but it's not like he's doing something that can't be replicated.

At this point, I don't know what guidelines we're using for 'cant shoot' anyway. Typically people are talking about shooting 3s well.

What does this mean? You're basically saying since Jimmy doesn't have a Lebron, Curry, etc like skill, he can be replicated. :lol: he cannot be replicated. he plays his own style and it works and it's great.

Last edited:
Rubio shoots 90% from the FT line yet he's still a terrible shooter.

There's an exception to every rule. Almost everyone's shot improves when they get into the NBA. That you cant shoot you cant play narrative is completely overblown.

Last edited:
It's not exactly you cant shoot, u cant play...but if your shot cant be counted on u better be doing other things at a consistently high level, cant have much fall off in the other part of your game

What does this mean? You're basically saying since Jimmy doesn't have a Lebron, Curry, etc like skill, he can be replicated. :lol: he cannot be replicated. he plays his own style and it works and it's great.

I see no reason why what he's doing can't be done by someone else. You think he's the last wing to make up for poor shooting with toughness, elite defense, getting the line/slashing and post ups?

Too many good players that aren't good shooters to dismiss a prospect because of FT%.

Larry Nance JR had one of the most broke looking jumpshots I have ever seen coming out of college and now he is in the process of becoming a serviceable three point shooter.
robert horry 2.0

jk

but yeah horry wasnt a shooter at all, and dude hit clutch 3s multiple times en route to 7 rings

Am I the only one who thinks the idea that people cant learn to shoot is ridiculous?  I understand that it is harder to change your shot as you get older, but 99% of shooting is working on Form and repetition. Its not like people are born with great jumpshots, most people work their ***** off for it.  

I mean John Wall shot 7 ******* percent from three in 2011 and has been at 30-35% for the last 4 years.  While they may never become a great shooter, becoming a 33-35% shooter is nothing to scoff at.

Larry Nance JR had one of the most broke looking jumpshots I have ever seen coming out of college and now he is in the process of becoming a serviceable three point shooter.

given that literally 100's of millions of dollars hinge on peoples ability to learn shoot, clearly it's not that easy.

also John Wall shot 75% form the FT line in college.

Again bigs are more likely to improve their shot imo because they aren't taking hundreds of shots a day and they usually aren't shooting from the perimeter in games like guards do. That doesn't happen until they get to the league. If your shot is broke on high volume in lower levels it's most likely gonna be broke once you get to the league

Last edited:
I want know all the guys who had...

1. obvious mechanical problems.
2. poor college ft shooters
3. poor college jump shooters.

all 3 of those and became good NBA shooters?

I imagine the list is pretty small.

I never said it's impossible, it's just harder than people want to realize. Justin josh Jackson has a ways to go.

Last edited:
Not a fan of Justin Jackson at all. Volume shooter who cant shoot. Makes plenty of bad decisions too. Yet every UNC game I watched dude was being praised like no other.

Again bigs are more likely to improve their shot imo because they aren't taking hundreds of shots a day and they usually aren't shooting from the perimeter in games like guards do. That doesn't happen until they get to the league. If your shot is broke on high volume in lower levels it's most likely gonna be broke once you get to the league
Bigs are also taking open spot up shots for the most part.

If you're an all star guard or wing you have to be able to shoot off the dribble also...don't know if Josh ever gets to that level.

DAht7NoWAAE9Mbs.jpg

Daillo's AAU stats.

Last edited:

I never said it's impossible, it's just harder than people want to realize. Justin josh Jackson has a ways to go.
Austin Rivers
pimp.gif

Last edited:

I mean, does Josh Jackson fit that bill though?  He shot 38% from 3.  What are we considering poor college jump shooters here?

But the first players that comes to mind without any real research would be Rajon Rondo and Avery Bradley.

Last edited:
It's been said that FT% is a much better sign of how well a player will shoot in the NBA than college 3p%.

Josh Jackson shot 56% on FTs! That is horrible. Very bad sign imo. Anyone know the reason for that?

I mean, does Josh Jackson fit that bill though?  He shot 38% from 3.  What are we considering poor college jump shooters here?

But the first players that comes to mind without any real research would be Rajon Rondo and Avery Bradley.

Bradley was a really good shooter in high school tho right?

And rondo? Really?

Back
Top Bottom