The NBA Draft Thread

Show me what type of prospects are "bust-proof" period.

I'll wait.

That Luka Doncic kid can come into the league and be complete **** the same way Zion Williamson or Marvin Bailey could.

At the end of the day...you are evaluating young men who don't play in the NBA. What leagues or level they're coming from is irrelevant. You can put Williamson/Bagley in Europe right now, have them both ride the bench...and they're still going to be top 5 picks. The draft is based on potential. Period. Where they are displaying that potential is not high on the importance list to NBA scouts.

Faster, stronger, everything. Most of them just aren't good enough.

Dirk was drafted in 98 and 90% of European bigs that had a jumper drafted after that ended up being a busted because they were all compared to dirk. Now it's KP's turn. So every single tall European will be compared to KP now. It's a damn toxic cycle.

Fact is that most of these Europeans just arent good enough. Bender being drafted at 4 is damn near laughable.

He had great semi and final in U18, going 27 pts, 6 ast shooting 71 % 
But, his previous 4 games in that same competition, he went 9 pts, 4 ast shooting 30 % 
so we basically going by 2 great games he had, but ignoring his 40 bad to mediocre games
So basically you calling him another exum?

Damn near no prospect is "bust proof." But most NBA scouts have an infatuation with Europeans.

Ofcourse there are few exceptions, but the league/level they come from is absolutely relevant.

Last edited:
Gonna go down as one of the worst drafts ever.

Frank will be better than Exum strictly because he's a very very good 3pt shooter.

Last edited:
Explain to me why Bender might be out of the league in 3 years.

Then explain to me why Kris Dunn won't be out of the league in 3 years.

I've tuned into a handful of Suns games and Bender has no place on the court. Clumsy AF, scared, soft, everything you dont want from a big. He cant even shoot the damn ball as advertised.

Dunn can be serviceable as a backup PG because of his defense. I wasn't a fan of him before the draft and still think he's overrated, but atleast he does something in the limited minutes he plays.

Last edited:
I have no idea if Bender will develop into a player or not, but he's the youngest player in the league. He turned 19 during the season. As of now it seems premature to say he can't cut it in the league.

Well I hope he has some passion and work ethic for the game. If he does he'll improve.

Most Europeans just dont have that same passion for the game. Look at Gallo, I've been following his career since he got drafted as a Knick. All he does in the summer is vacation and travel. Dude literally been the same player since he got drafted. Dont think he worked on anything :lol:

Certain players are like that though. I remember SJax and Crawford even saying they never actually practice.

Last edited:
Well I hope he has some passion and work ethic for the game. If he does he'll improve.

Most Europeans just dont have that same passion for the game. Look at Gallo, I've been following his career since he got drafted as a Knick. All he does in the summer is vacation and travel. Dude literally been the same player since he got drafted. Dont think he worked on anything
laugh.gif
Gallo's career has been completely messed up by injuries, and he's still a very good player.  I don't think that's a good example at all.

Plenty of non-euros post only travel photos on instagram over the summer as well.

Last edited:
I like Gallo alot and think he's definitely a good player. Injuries may have slowed him down a bit, but in his case idk if he would be THAT much better if he never got hurt. He adjusted to the NBA game very fast, same game, just a smarter player.

He's had multiple season ending injuries including an ACL.  That has a huge impact on development when you're just constantly rehabbing instead.  It's unfortunate and he'll probably never be an All-Star, but I don't think its fair to judge his current status as a sign of his potential/effort.

Also he could definitely be a strong rotation player on a championship level team IMO.  

I understand what you guys are saying, but I dont even follow him on Instagram.

On Italian news channels, he literally says he vacations all summer and spends time with friends and family. Leaves basketball for when training camp starts. I dont blame him at all. People tend to forget there's life outside of basketball.

On Italian news channels, he literally says he vacations all summer and spends time with friends and family. Leaves basketball for when training camp starts. I dont blame him at all. People tend to forget there's life outside of basketball.
I thought you were ******** me at first.  Dude legit doesnt care lol

http://www.nba.com/nuggets/news/offseason-qa-danilo-gallinari/
What do you think you improved on the most this offseason?

I improved on my guitar game, golf game, tennis game. But I improved a lot on, you know, I was trying to work on my body in general, try to be a little stronger and keeping the same weight and be able just to play basketball again.

I thought you were ******** me at first.  Dude legit doesnt care lol

http://www.nba.com/nuggets/news/offseason-qa-danilo-gallinari/

What do you think you improved on the most this offseason?

I improved on my guitar game, golf game, tennis game. But I improved a lot on, you know, I was trying to work on my body in general, try to be a little stronger and keeping the same weight and be able just to play basketball again.

Andre Miller never cared either and Paul Pierce didn't start caring until he played for the Wizards :lol:

Back
Top Bottom