The NBA Draft Thread

Dude, you HAVE to stop comparing ALL TIME GREATS to the rest of the NBA.

Those players you named are beyond elite.

If he wasn't a shooter he wouldn't be shooting 36% on 6 3s a game in his second year.

I'm still tripping off this :lol:. If Booker isn't considered a shooter, there must only be like 10 of em in the league.

I like Swanigan for the Blazers, he's what they need to in order to take that next step into contender status...assuming he develops into a good/great big man.

Suns gonna take Monk.
mean.gif
I actually hope that happens, lol.

Then fire the GM and coach and make Coach Cal the President of operations and coach.

Suns are going to pray Josh Jackson falls to them, and if he doesn't, they'll take Tatum.

I'm rooting for Swanigan, just don't think he'll pan out.

At least he doesn't have knees like DeJuan Blair.

I'm still tripping off this :lol:. If Booker isn't considered a shooter, there must only be like 10 of em in the league.

Steph
Klay
KD
Korver
Redick
CP0

Have put in work consistently in multiple seasons. I know y'all know the difference between a shooter and a scorer. Westbrook is a scorer not a shooter.

I get what Mamba's saying.

Redick, Korver, Frye = shooters
Curry, McCollum, Love = scorers

Last edited:
How can anybody look at Fox's shot chart and just have so much confidence that he'll fix his jumper
laugh.gif
. 'His mechanics are good tho'
That's Rajon Rondo status. Yikes.

Hard to see any hope in developing a 3 from NBA range facing top guards every night.

shot charts from top prospects. 
View media item 2444468

How can anybody look at Fox's shot chart and just have so much confidence that he'll fix his jumper :lol:. 'His mechanics are good tho'
I been trying say this all thru this thread , he can't hit NOTHING past the college 3 but it's so much confidence he gon fix that but other guys like Jackson who shoots even better will never be able to shootbin the league :lol: :smh: ...I'm staying far away from Fox, I rather he suprise me than pick him knowing he can't shoot

Like at the Big Baller tho :pimp:

Last edited:
I don't really have any confidence that Fox will fix his jumper, I just think that he has the highest ceiling if he does fix it.

His mechanics aren't horrible, and he has good touch from the line...but it's a roll of the dice.

I mean if his mechanics are so good how come the ball doesn't go in? It would take a drastic improvement just for him to be a respectable shooter. Also that wasn't meant to single you out, I see that excuse being made for him all the time

Last edited:
I mean if his mechanics are so good how come the ball doesn't go in? It would take a drastic improvement just for him to be a respectable shooter. Also that wasn't meant to single you out, I see that excuse being made for him all the time

I'm not saying this as an excuse because he is absolutely a bad shooter, but a lot of times those athletic guys get buy so long on just speed and quickness alone so they dont get the reps to become a consistent shooter.

Does he absolutely have red flags? Definitely. He is not a good shooter and rarely finishes with his right, but as mentioned above, his athleticism and defense make his ceiling ridiculously high if he can get that down. Yes, I realize that is a big if.

I said his mechanics weren't horrible, does;t mean it's good,

Fox's release point inconsistent often times too far behind his head flattening out his shot, making it tough to hit from distance.

but

I don't think his issues require a complete reworking of his jumper.

I've been watching videos and reading up on some of these prospects and I really think the best way to go about comparing them is to talk about best, worst and most liley scenarios.

Fultz:
  • Best: Brandon Roy - same skillset, IQ, size and style. If he reaches that potential, the NBA world will be happy as Roy's early retirement was felt throughout the league.
  • Worst: Honestly, this guy's floor is higher than most of this year's ceilings. I am going to say OKC, 6th man James Harden.
  • Most likely: being in between James Harden and Roy is enough. I looked at the Ringer and I agree with Hibachi 8)

Ball:
  • Best: JKidd-ish: People were calling out Kidd that he has no jumper, but he is top 3 (I think) in three points made. It's the mid range that was killing him. The change of pace and ability to control the game is something beautiful to see
  • Worst: Shaun Livingston with a Jumper (I took this one off the ringer and I agree with them here) except without a post up move
  • Most likely: Honestly, he will be his own type of player.

Jackson:
  • Best: Terminator: he has the two way potential, the motor and the IQ to be that. It's whether or not he can put it all together.
  • Worst Case: Aaron Gordon: this will be bust status but that's his floor, a decent rotational player in a loosing team
  • Most likely: Iguadala: A lockdown defender, a secondary playmaker, and a dangerous cutter

Monk:
  • Best Case: Richard Hamilton: Moves without the ball, he's a runner, deadeye shooter, same playing style, he can play defence is he wants to
  • Worst Case: Lou Williams: 6th man chucking type
  • Most likely: Jamal Crawford without the And 1 handles

Fox:
  • Best: John Wall - two way playmaker with superspeed and can push the ball
  • Worst: Elfred Payton - he will have his moments of brilliance but will be limited by his shooting
  • Most Likely: German Rondo

Isaac:
  • Best: Otto Max Porter - the ultimate 3 and D player in today's day and age
  • Worst: Bennet - a tweaner type who can't find his rythem
  • Most Likely: Marvin Williams - a decent rotational play who took some time to find his niche

Smith
  • Best: Francis
  • Worst: Johnny Flynn
  • Most Likely: Devin Harris - in his prime, he was a solid starter to a team that made the NBA finals.

that's my take so far.

Last edited:
Swanigan can stretch the floor. He could be like an improved Jared Sullinger, if he didn't have a bad back and love food so much.

Back
Top Bottom