The NBA Draft Thread

From what I've seen from lauri, he absolutely does not destroy guards on the switch. So if you don't have to guard him with a big, what is his purpose? He might as well be 5'11

Gotta take Fox at 5 if he's there, he might be the best PG of this draft. Which SF at 10 though :nerd:
Don't really think Fox is going to be there. Teams seem to be very high on him. Tatum will be at 5 though and then you can probably grab one of DSJ or Frank at 10.

Last edited:
From what I've seen from lauri, he absolutely does not destroy guards on the switch. So if you don't have to guard him with a big, what is his purpose? He might as well be 5'11

That's why it's the draft, it's a guessing game

will he be able to punish gaurds on the switch?

who knows.

Last edited:
Eh, I doubt most teams are going to guard Lauri with a non big

He can shoot over those small guards anyway if it comes down to it

Sacramento needs to go PG and SF though

Last edited:
At the very least, he's an elite shooter and is just going to get an easy shot over a smaller defender.

That's why it's the draft, it's a guessing game

will he be able to punish gaurds on the switch?

who knows.

This is a copout :lol:

At the very least, he's an elite shooter and is just going to get an easy shot over a smaller defender.

And he's so horrible at everything else so it's like who cares? Even the biggest Lauri fan wouldn't say he's anything more than a 3rd option on offense. Meanwhile he's the number one option for the defense to attack. So while he's giving up easy looks at the basket and not rebounding every trip down, he's useful for a handful of shots on the other side.

This is a copout
laugh.gif

And he's so horrible at everything else so it's like who cares? Even the biggest Lauri fan wouldn't say he's anything more than a 3rd option on offense. Meanwhile he's the number one option for the defense to attack. So while he's giving up easy looks at the basket and not rebounding every trip down, he's useful for a handful of shots on the other side.
why do you hate Lauri so much 

This is a copout :lol:

it's reality, I have no idea if he will learn to punish smalls,

I would guess yes, if he gets with the right player development people, he a nice handle and a feel for changing speed and direction that makes me feel like he has the scoring instincts to learn to be effective against smalls.

but again who knows.

There is a reason that he is in the 7-12 range instead of the 2-3 range. If he were a really good defender/rebounder too, he's easily the 2nd best prospect in the draft. But he's not. He has flaws. Everyone recognizes that. If he can be the third option for a team though offensively while also drawing a big man out of the paint, he will have a positive impact on whatever team he ends up on. In that 7-12 range, I feel like that's all you can really ask for...

Anyone going outside the top 3, maybe 5 is going to have some deficiencies. Continually singling out Lauri without putting the other players projected to go there, under the same scrutiny seems harsh

You can't expect several number one or two options in this class

Last edited:
Na defensive forwards idc how elite you are, are almost never taken #1. I doubt he'll be as good as Butler, PG, or Kawhi but he's the exact piece you need.

He's like a SF version of Draymond to me. Does all the things right to win. Would change the entire identity of that Lakers team.

Josh Jackson isn't changing their entire identity man :lol:
I don't want him and Ingram together at all.

Josh Jackson isn't changing their entire identity man :lol:
I don't want him and Ingram together at all.
What's wrong with an Ingram/Jackson pairing? Too skinny for your liking?

Jackson's offensive arsenal is more limited than people acknowledge and he'd take looks that I'd rather have Ingram get. BI started to come along second half of the season and I think he's gonna be what everyone keeps saying Jackson will become.

I don't judge any players offensive ability playing under bill self

I watched him play in high school multiple times. His senior year was what made me begin questioning his ability to be a top scorer at the pro level if that was going to be his game.
He also starts to make mistakes if he gets thrown off mentally at all. Lets his emotions get to him. Like I've said before my brother is connected to people that went to school with him and from what I've heard about him I just don't know if he's gonna be "that" guy. I'm not fully writing him off as a contributor in the NBA but I personally have never seen the potential star he's been getting crowned as. Worse Andrew Wiggins has been my comparison.

Bro, the beauty of sports I'm realizing is weird **** happens. JJ could end up being alot of things, good and bad. Who knows man. All the top prospects have the ability to be THE MAN I believe.

Idk man, the way the team is construacted id really like if we focused on getting vets on this squad now.

Fox/Ball
Covington
Saric
Simmons
Embiid

Is ridiculous for the future though.

JJ Redick and possibly Patty Mills will be Sixers this summer.

Sixers ain't signing no quality vets from winning teams :lol:

Reddick would think bout it if they throw the big bag at him cuz it's his last pay day but still it's the sixers , the losing n inept rep ain't gone yet :lol:

Back
Top Bottom