The NBA Stats Thread: The 15-year chain reaction that led to the NBA's current offensive explosion

I assume this is for DFS?
laugh.gif

You talking positions or players? Easiest thing is to look at the splits of a player against that team.
haha yessir and I meant like position not necessarily a player like examples how well centers play against warriors or something

@johnschuhmann League's fastest pace for any 5-day period last season: 99.3 possessions per 48 minutes.
League's pace through 5 days this season: 101.7.
@DeanO_Lytics NBA pace of ~99.6 poss/48 min is highest at this point since 1991. More transition, but halfcourt shots coming ~1s earlier in shot clock.

I've always believed that Ray Allen is the best shooter to ever live.

Steph is causin me stress with that. Dude is too nice. :smh: :x :pimp:

I've always believed that Ray Allen is the best shooter to ever live.

Steph is causin me stress with that. Dude is too nice. :smh: :x :pimp:

It's Steph and I don't think it's close. His shooting hides team-wide deficiencies or off-nights. He throws hay-makers repeatedly. I've never seen anything like it. You can't outplay GS by a little, you need to out play them substantially to cover for the handful of 3's he's going to hit. He is literally a cheat code.

Short of some insane drop in his shooting.. and by insane I mean him shooting 35%, it's Steph. And I'm one who is always patient when crowning anyone anything

But the volume he's shooting them, the way he's shooting them, and his accuracy, it's unreal. He'll come down and shoot 3 straight 3's and take a small lead, and blow it wide open in 40 seconds.

I'm really curious how long he can keep this pace up. It's only 5 games, but players don't shoot 10 3's a game and make half of them. It just doesn't happen. So I'm enjoying the hell out of this for as long as we can.

Yea, Steph is most definitely the best shooter ever. I had my doubts for a while, but as said, the volume he shoots them combined with accuracy is unbelievable. It reminds me of shooting on the Fisher Price goals as a kid and making almost every soft because the rims were so soft :rofl:

You absolutely did and it was why I didn't pick us to win it all this year. They went from putting us down 17 in the first half, to up 10 in the 2nd half. Way too many inconsistent parts in the rotation, which isn't the mark of a championship team.

To keep with the theme of this thread
 Clippers have now played 53 minutes with none of their 5 starters on the floor. They have a ORtg of 78.9 and a DRtg of 105.5

Short of some insane drop in his shooting.. and by insane I mean him shooting 35%, it's Steph. And I'm one who is always patient when crowning anyone anything

But the volume he's shooting them, the way he's shooting them, and his accuracy, it's unreal. He'll come down and shoot 3 straight 3's and take a small lead, and blow it wide open in 40 seconds.

I'm really curious how long he can keep this pace up. It's only 5 games, but players don't shoot 10 3's a game and make half of them. It just doesn't happen. So I'm enjoying the hell out of this for as long as we can.
Either the attempts will drop or the efficiency will drop. Best shooter of all time, but he isn't shooting 10, 11 three's a game and making half of them over the course of 82.

Either the attempts will drop or the efficiency will drop. Best shooter of all time, but he isn't shooting 10, 11 three's a game and making half of them over the course of 82.
Curry is 153/296 (51.6%) from three since the 2015 All-Star break (34 regular season games).

Was going to ask this in the NBA thread but them fools may take it as a sign of disrespect, or me trying to shade him.

What's curry's shooting percentages on going right? It appears that he shoots a lot of his 3's going left, and when I watch the warriors a lot of teams play him straight up, without trying to force him right. Is he just as successful shooting 3's going right?

nerd.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom