+++The NEW Official Palm Pre Thread+++

for people who have it:

say your phone is almost dead it, and you charge plug it in. When you keep talking, does it STILL eventually die on, say after about 10-15 mins, are you goodfor talking on it until the cows come home? I've had this issue with my Centro AND the Diamond....

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

for people who have it:

say your phone is almost dead it, and you charge plug it in. When you keep talking, does it STILL eventually die on, say after about 10-15 mins, are you good for talking on it until the cows come home? I've had this issue with my Centro AND the Diamond....

I was at about 20% last night, charged it while on the phone for about an hr and the charge was increasing.

Originally Posted by Calypso Chanta

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

^psht

if you really want the phone..
cancel your contract..pay the ETF fee.

then get the phone new for 2 bills.

unless you really want to keep your phone #.
after you cancel with sprint you have to wait 6months i believe until you can get service back. Even if that does work then your still spending $200 for the etf fee plus $200 for the phone. So thats $400 bones. Might as well pay full price of the phone
ohwell.gif

im not 100% sure, but i believe that 200 ETF was cut down. I know verizon and at&t lower your ETF by 5 dollars for every month you stay with them. ibelieve sprint was in that lawsuit also.
Originally Posted by yomegaaa

Originally Posted by CWrite78

dad just went to go return his pre. couldn't get a signal if his life depended on it. while other sprint phones were working perfectly in the same area. it was fun while it lasted

if you have signal problems Sprint will give you an Airave, FOR FREE!!!!

sprint-airave-in-home-cell-coverage.jpg

yeah, and this is worthless when you're not at home. plus it's an extra 5 dollars a month.

^^^ its free for the ENTIRE time your with sprint. I have one and it works great at home. I never have any issues at all with reception, just in my basementthe signal gets weak so thats why Sprint overnighted one straight to me. Other than my basement, which is built with cinder blocks, I havent EVEr had an issuewith reception

Im about to hookup tmugk21 with a pre, thanks for your business.

youll be receiving you phone this upcoming week.

For sprint customers, if you dont have this phone or a blackberry you aint really doing it.

Okay, so I have had the phone for an official week now.

I have put it through a typical work week and I have no complaints. I use tweed, Pandora, craigslist, and wiki. This phone is flat out amazing. Themultitasking (cards) is genious and there is no real lag at all with it. That was one of my initial concerns because I thought it would lag since the phone is"always on". The universal search is a great feature, but it takes some getting used to. I always have the tendency to want to go to contacts anyway,instead of just typing their name in card view. One of the absolute best features of this phone is the touchstone. At first, I was not remotely interested init, but now I recommend that all Palm Pre owners make this purchase (you can actually get it pretty cheap from Sprint as they were having a 20% offaccessories, so it was only 55 compared to 70). You want appreciate how nice it is to have a wireless charge on your phone untill you experience it. Its trulyremarkable and genious. Just pick up your phone and go. Not to mention that matte black finish on the back cover is a dream and I wished that the whole phonewas matte black as well.
pimp.gif

Some slight issues I have with the phone:
Battery life- As some mentioned, its drains a lil' faster than usual. This is attributed to the fact that the phone is constantly working (synergy). Butagain, if you have the touchstone, just throw it on there and top it off and its good to go. I also recommend a car charger. You'll thank me later
wink.gif

Center button- I wish the center button could be used as a track ball or d-pad. More than I care to admit, I find myself in situations where I wish I couldscroll back on the text message and cant. Instead, I am stuck holding the orange button and scrolling the screen. A real pain at times.
On-screen keyboard- I cant believe that I am actually admitting this, but I could actually use this features at times. Especially while surfing the net.

All in all, this is the best phone I have used hands down! I recommend it to all. Especially if you like all of the new technology.

Side note: This thing handles email like a champ. Almost on the level as a BB. I think the trade-off is worth it from the BB and its superior email to theadditional features of the Palm Pre.

Originally Posted by angeezy

That update i'm downloading right now.. anyone know what's it for?

It fixes the battery and reception issues. Also, some updates on the alarm clock I believe.

I got my Pre today and it's nice but, I would rather a Blackberry. The keypad is so small and I wish the center button was a track ball.

I'll be getting the Bold when it comes to Sprint.

The Pre is high on my radar right now, though, I'm on T-mobile currently using a 8320. But I'm on my 4th one in 8 months and the device is starting tobore me. Plus, I did some compairing and found out I'd be paying less with Sprint than I am with T-mobile. I won't make the jump until the Tour drops,just incase I'm unsatisfied.

Just copped
pimp.gif

Pros: simply the phone is DOPE

Cons:
-Keyboard...too small
-No spellcheck
-no video recording (Palm claims that they will fix this with the new update)
-No zoom on the cam
-highlighting text is a nightmare.
-a million people walking up to you asking what phone Im using (was a Pro at first...but now its annoying)
-My dad almost breaking the phone while using it with his huge @** gorilla fingers.

Once you get passed the keyboard being so small, (all the other "cons" are minute) the phone is really incredible. Also just orded a PhantomSkinz formy precious Pre
-The Juice

As expected Palm Pre has now been hacked into and made to work on Verizon network, a user with name "cleanser" at PreCentral forum posted a video proof of getting success in making Palm Pre work on Verizon network, the user was able to get Voice and SMS working but still needs to figure out to make data connection work.
It is being expected that "cleanser" will soon release an tutorial on how other users can get this working on their Palm Pre's, once the hack is out other crackers will surely port this to work on other networks providing a fully functional network unlock for Palm Pre.

I may have to give the Pre another look if it's on Verizon...

but they gotta get that data flowing before I put $$ on it.

Just got my Pre yesterday. I was going to wait on the Tour, but I get to test the Pre out for a month and if I don't like I can just take it back and getthe Tour.

So far, I love it. Same pros and cons as to what I've read already on here. I'm just waiting on more apps.
nerd.gif

The multi-tasking is probably one of the best features.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Just got my Pre yesterday. I was going to wait on the Tour, but I get to test the Pre out for a month and if I don't like I can just take it back and get the Tour.

So far, I love it. Same pros and cons as to what I've read already on here. I'm just waiting on more apps.
nerd.gif

Take that back on august 2nd and get the Tour
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Just got my Pre yesterday. I was going to wait on the Tour, but I get to test the Pre out for a month and if I don't like I can just take it back and get the Tour.

nerd.gif

Take that back on august 2nd and get the Tour
pimp.gif
I have been thinking about this as well---although i don't think I'mma have extra money for a new phone
frown.gif

I put the Pre through a full day shift almost. I work 8:30-5:00pm and I still got 51% battery power. That's with me using internet, email, sms and a fewphone calls. Not bad, but could be much better probably. I'm definitely considering getting that touchstone pack if I keep the phone.

Here's my review:
Jus got the pre yesterday...i've been a treo user since '04. So far its nice but a lil gimmicky coming from the simple, tactile buttons on the 600,755p, but it works good for what it is. Battery life sucks. Its almost 1pm today n i'm already at 50% with light youtube and internet use. Not too too badtho. The 755p would've been at 75+ with the same use.

The email/IM function is wayyyy better than the 755p. I didn't really like how the phone dumped all of my email and facebook contacts into my contact listbut i'm sure i can jus go thru n delete some. Youtube is nice.

More applications would be nice. It takes forever to boot up...but so did the 755.

The slider is a little awkward to get to slide up depending on how you're holding it, 2 hands easy, 1 hand not so easy.

I like how the phone detects when you've lifted your face off the phone, very nice touch. Caller voice quality sounds very clear and is audible even athighway speeds with loud tires...although i don't know how it would sound at those speeds with the windows down.

How do i turn down the screen brightness?? How do you highlight text within a website or text message? How do you save a picture off a website?

Originally Posted by Calypso Chanta

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

^psht

if you really want the phone..
cancel your contract..pay the ETF fee.

then get the phone new for 2 bills.

unless you really want to keep your phone #.
after you cancel with sprint you have to wait 6months i believe until you can get service back. Even if that does work then your still spending $200 for the etf fee plus $200 for the phone. So thats $400 bones. Might as well pay full price of the phone
ohwell.gif

Can you do this? I only qualify for a $75 dollar discount.

^I've been with sprint for 5 years, been outta contract for 1yr. I paid $317.00 yesterday for the phone n have to mail in for the $100 rebate so it comesout to the $199+tax...just that I'm under a new 2 year contract now. Maybe it was easier for me to get this done since i'm out of contract.

i dont like the pre very much. i still have the touch pro . Would the blackberry tour be a better choice than my current phone. im clueless when it comes toall these blackberry phones. Some one school me. thankz

Back
Top Bottom