+++The NEW Official Palm Pre Thread+++

went in today to cop the Pre...3 people ahead of me had theirs complaining about battery life. was going to wait to cop the Tour, the manager told me theyshipped early so walked out with that instead.

I think I might wait untill palm gets their app game strong. Resident Evil on Iphone is
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by newbery158

went in today to cop the Pre...3 people ahead of me had theirs complaining about battery life. was going to wait to cop the Tour, the manager told me they shipped early so walked out with that instead.
Battery life can be fixed. Either buy the touchstone and or get the new 2600 seido battery. If that's too high for you, get the 1350 seidobattery. I don't get how the battery life is so bad on the Palm and my friends iPhone battery goes down at the same rate as my Pre.

We use both phones from 8:30-5:00pm and both phones are at the same percentage after text messaging, a little internet usage, checking email, etc. I'mgoing to go look at the tour next week, but I don't have no major problems with the Pre. Apps will come, its just the first version of the phone comparedto 3 versions being released by the iPhone. It's already comparable in many ways to the iPhone on its first version and after a few updates, so I expect itto only get better.

just to give an update on the battery life: its improved a whole lot...it'll last the whole day with plenty of use without dying. I changed the emailsetting to receive whenever they're sent and not to check every 5 mins, etc. I also turned down the screen brightness all the way down n its still plentybright and clear. I bought a clear protector for it..i think i saw the same ones available at best buy. i'd say a protector is a must cop for phones likethis.

my main complaints are lack of text highlighting, not being able to save pictures from the internet and lack of available applications. im sure these will besorted out...but how long will it take?

i have the 755p and ima either get this phone or the new blackberry......you can get the pre w/ Sero right?

my contract is almost up with tmobile i just have a few ?

1. can it send/receive pic messages
2. does it have a video camera
3. how does the keyboard compare to sidekick keyboard?
4. former iphone users how do you like the pre as oppose to the iphone
5. besides apps wha does the iphone/pre have that the opposing phone doesnt?

what is a "tour phone" i havent been on NT for about 2 months to keep up with updates... link? (thanks in advance)

Originally Posted by kidUFC

what is a "tour phone" i havent been on NT for about 2 months to keep up with updates... link? (thanks in advance)

1. yes
2. no, but there will be update that will add a video camera to it
3. i don't know, the times i've actually typed on a SK it was ok. i'm use to the pre and people say its cramped but it depends on if you gothulk-like fingers. you would definitely get use to it though.
4. n/a
5. pre has multi-tasking and its a lot more convenient than press the back button to get back to your launcher screen. the phone does some amazing things. justlook at some reviews comparing the iphone to the pre though. that will tell you alot more.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by kidUFC

1. yes
2. no, but there will be update that will add a video camera to it
3. i don't know, the times i've actually typed on a SK it was ok. i'm use to the pre and people say its cramped but it depends on if you got hulk-like fingers. you would definitely get use to it though.
4. n/a
5. pre has multi-tasking and its a lot more convenient than press the back button to get back to your launcher screen. the phone does some amazing things. just look at some reviews comparing the iphone to the pre though. that will tell you alot more.
awesome . thank you sir! i will be using my company discount for the phone and the plan
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

u think copy and paste might come eventually?

The Pre already has copy and paste. I think you can only do it in text messaging though. If you meant on the internet and stuff, I believe it will.

The phone definitely has flaws, but its nothing that can't be fixed. I just bought the new Seidio 2600 Battery for it and got it in today. It suppose todouble the power of the battery in the phone, so it should last probably close to two full days rather than just a 9-5 workday.

My battery is usually at 20-30% by the time I get off work at 5, and I picked this battery over the Touchstone. I don't have enough room to put theTouchstone in my pocket everywhere I go and I'm not playing on buying an extra charger so I can charge my phone up the regular way with the Touchstone.I'm also not buying multiple Touchstones and have one everywhere I go
laugh.gif

So, what's the difference (besides, getting the instant $100 rebate) between getting the Pre at bestbuy and or radioshack, rather than getting it directlyfrom Sprint?

Originally Posted by aceofjays

So, what's the difference (besides, getting the instant $100 rebate) between getting the Pre at bestbuy and or radioshack, rather than getting it directly from Sprint?

nothing. probably more available at sprint. maybe best buy charges u an activation fee

This new battery is
pimp.gif
so far. I start charging it at 7pm and it was fullycharged at around 9:30pm. I took it off the charger and for two hours straight I've been on the internet, using pandora and texting those two straighthours and its still on 100%!
pimp.gif
So far, its definitely worth the money butI'm going to leave it on the charger since it really needs to charge for 8 hours straight.

So I went into the Sprint store today, and they said that the Pre has an app that can transfer information from previous Palm devices.

My dilemma is that I'm looking for a new phone to replace my Palm T|X and current clamshell-style pay as you go phone. Transferring all the information inmy T|X over to a new Palm phone is NECESSARY. It's not that it would be nice; it's that I won't get phone if I can't transfer all of my info(calendar events, tasks, memos, contacts, TONS of stuff), I'll just stick with my T|X + cell.

I heard that since the Pre uses a new OS (Web OS), I wouldn't be able to sync my new info over, since previous Palm products have used a Palm OS.

But if I can sync my info over to a Pre, I'll reconsider the Pre. I really want a Treo or Centro, though.

Enh, we'll see. I'm in no rush.

Repeat:
23ska909red02:
I'm looking for a new phone to replace my Palm T|X and current clamshell-style pay as you go phone. Transferring all the information in my T|X over to a new Palm phone is NECESSARY. It's not that it would be nice; it's that I won't get phone if I can't transfer all of my info (calendar events, tasks, memos, contacts, TONS of stuff), I'll just stick with my T|X + cell.

I heard that since the Pre uses a new OS (Web OS), I wouldn't be able to sync my new info over, since previous Palm products have used a Palm OS.

But if I can sync my info over to a Pre, I'll reconsider the Pre. I really want a Treo or Centro, though.

Im in love with the palm pre, this phone is all I need right now cause it does the email sync, OS is great, keyboard could be alittle bigger, and the batterycould get better but can't complain cause this phone does alot. When I bought mine I had for a week and then someone stole it from my bookbag when I wasplaying (luck I had insurance).
I'm happy with the phone and hopefully the updates to come make it better.

This new battery is
pimp.gif
so far. I start charging it at 7pm and it was fully charged at around 9:30pm. I took it off the charger and for two hours straight I've been on the internet, using pandora and texting those two straight hours and its still on 100%!
pimp.gif
So far, its definitely worth the money but I'm going to leave it on the charger since it really needs to charge for 8 hours straight.

You got the battery from Sprint?

I purchased my phone from Sprint.com last week, received it on friday and I Love it.

Only thing is, it freezes up sometimes, and apps will suddenly close. Also, sometimes when I touch something, nothing will happen...

Do you think sprint will replace my phone?

ska.. buy a cheapo 755p or Centro off ebay and sync it up to your old phone if you're with Sprint....Verizon also has a 755p.
I'd even send you my old 755p for free(if with sprint)....but the QWE and ASD buttons seemed to stick like crazy...got me annoyed enough that I boughtanother 755p to replace it.

Originally Posted by teddy54221

This new battery is
pimp.gif
so far. I start charging it at 7pm and it was fully charged at around 9:30pm. I took it off the charger and for two hours straight I've been on the internet, using pandora and texting those two straight hours and its still on 100%!
pimp.gif
So far, its definitely worth the money but I'm going to leave it on the charger since it really needs to charge for 8 hours straight.

You got the battery from Sprint?

It's a Seidio battery.

Go to seidioonline.com to look at it. Adds a little extra depth to the phone, but since the phone is already super slim it has a better feel to it. They arealso making a protection case for the Pre with the new battery back. I'm just glad I can go through an entire day without having to charge my phone, whileusing it alot.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Repeat:
23ska909red02:
I'm looking for a new phone to replace my Palm T|X and current clamshell-style pay as you go phone. Transferring all the information in my T|X over to a new Palm phone is NECESSARY. It's not that it would be nice; it's that I won't get phone if I can't transfer all of my info (calendar events, tasks, memos, contacts, TONS of stuff), I'll just stick with my T|X + cell.

the inter webs is sketchy on this

palm pre new york times

"* Can the Pre suck up my Palm OS data, like the contacts and memos I have on my elderly Palm Tungsten E2?
-Yes, the Pre comes with a program called Palm Data Transfer Assistant. It performs a one-time, one-way transfer of your data (contacts, calendar events, tasksand memos) from Microsoft Outlook, Palm Desktop, or (on the Mac) iCal and Address Book"

Also research
http://www.companionlink.com/

disclaimer: i have not tried either way. just a Google search *no shots*
grin.gif

My work just came thru and got us all pres and we're gonna sell all our blackberry's. Phone is dope! Just researched ways to maximize battery life andI'm content after messing with some of the settings. Hopefully new apps will be coming out soon not like my old instinct. Anyone try the homebrew stuffyet?

Back
Top Bottom