The Oakland Athletics 2013 Season Thread

No! 2 Titles! Minimum! I put my name on it.

lol

Haha that was pretty clever.

White Sox asked for Gray and Russell for Peavy. :lol:

I want Peavy but no way in hell am I even going to give up one of those guys. I'm sure the price tag will come down but we better not deal any of those names for him.

That **** would be crazy not many players I'd even consider letting Addison go for, peavy def. not on that list

Yoenis heating up thank the lord!

Oh, I saw I missed typed my reply up above...

I meant I WOULD NOT trade either Russell or Gray for Peavy

We got Callaspo for Grant Green. I don't care about losing Green but I was hoping we could land Howie somehow.

Red Sox got Peavy. :smh: SOB.

Losing Peavy is no biggie. Getting rid of Grant was the right decision.

I expect to have one more deal made, preferably for bullpen help.

I feel you. Excited to see Dickey vs Colon, I'm trying to assess how much I should drink for a 12:35 game :smh: :lol:

Really disappointed we didn't add depth to the bullpen. Hopefully Gray has a permanent spot on this team soon and Anderson can come back healthy.

Also a bit disappointed we did not upgrade on offense, but if Ces, Reddick, and Moss can play like we have seen in the past that would be great. Trade market was thin all around.

I'm getting a bit concerned because this is starting to seem like the old A's, great regular season team with great pitching but struggle to score enough runs to win in the playoffs. We still have a 4 game lead and this team has great chemistry so I'm trying to stay positive. This was only our 2nd series lost of the month also so we are still winning games, but the offense just looks :x.

Let's regroup this weekend. Big series. Have to take 2/3.

I got hooked up with some 1st base field box tickets on Monday, those seats are bananas; they have to be the best $80 tickets in the MLB.

I'm happy with the Callaspo pickup, Green wasn't going to have a spot on this team for at least the next two seasons as far as I can tell. As much as I want to hate Sogard, he's been doing his thing on defense AND offense. This will be a very solid platoon down the stretch, and Callaspo's bat control will come up clutch in close playoff games.

I'm not worried that Billy didn't get a reliever, Anderson will be that lefty reliever help that's been necessary. Down the final stretch, this is the team I want to see:

Vs. LHP

Coco CF
Lowrie SS
Donaldson 3B
Cespedes LF
Freiman 1B
Reddick RF
Norris C
Young DH
Callaspo 2B

Vs. RHP

Coco CF
Jaso
Lowrie SS
Donaldson 3B
Cespedes LF
Moss 1B
Reddick RF
Smith DH
Sogard 2B

Rotation:

Bartolo
Griffin
Parker
Milone
Strailey

Bullpen:

Blevins LH
Anderson LH
Gray RH
Neshek RH
Doolittle LH
Cook RH
Balfour RH

Last edited:
Angels had 3 straight chances to help boost our lead in the west and gave up walk off HRs on all of them...unbelievable lol

Why does everyone want Brett in the bullpen? Is it because you think he is less likely to be hurt (I don't agree with that) or is it because you think we need another lefty down there?

I agree we need another lefty in the bullpen and I'm sure Brett can be that guy but I think we need him more in the starting rotation. I'm sorry but a rotation of Colon - Parker - Milone - Griffin just scares me in the playoffs. Now if Brett looks like he is capable of, a rotation of Colon - Brett - Parker - Milone/Griffin looks a lot better in my opinion.

Brett won't go to the bullpen. I'm guessing we'll grab a reliever from waivers and have Brett jump back into the rotation at the second spot.

Back
Top Bottom