The Oakland Athletics 2013 Season Thread

All sorts of A's rumors I have heard today.  Not sure I understand the Jake Peavy one though.

Notes on A's going after Peavy.
-The A's could be a dark horse candidate in Peavy discussions, CBSSports.com's Jon Heyman reports. Though the A's have a stocked starting rotation, they had a scout at Peavy's first start back from the disabled list and were involved in talks for Garza "at the 11th hour" before he was shipped to Texas, Heyman adds. According to sources, Billy Beane says he'd prefer to try to boost his team with a very good starting pitcher rather than a mediocre hitter, regardless of what the team's needs are. If they do pull off a trade for the veteran, top prospect Sonny Gray or Brett Anderson, who is nearly ready to return from the DL, could shift to the bullpen.

I don't think the team needs a starter, they could use a 2B and a LH reliever though

I actually think a starter is crucial. I don't trust Tommy or AJ (especially AJ) to cut it in the playoffs. We need someone to round out a four man rotation in the playoffs.

A reliever is almost as important, but our bullpen has been more reliable (Doolittle's struggles are something to consider, though). If we can have a great glove there with someone who will at least work the count and not pop out after every second pitch, I'll be happy.

Last night was terrible, I left in the 7th. Hopefully Bartolo handles it tonight, his last 6 wins have come after an A's loss.

Sitting in 120 Matt Barnes is in 121.. with the broad from basketball wives, my girl has informed me

Did any of you guys wear Nike Solarsoft Moccasins and a Supreme hat last night? :lol: I saw this guy walking in the gate and would've sworn he was a NTer, but I didn't want to ask.

Yea **** that guy. I had to let him know what it is. Ol fat un happy haven't seen my **** in 4 years so I took out a missing person's ad *****.

Back to the colisuem hope parker can do it today...
Pujols headed to the DL not in the lineup today

I'm juss sayin.

And we talked about it last night. Pujols won't be THAT guy. He will be a .235 + 25 homers playet and will be on the decline for the rest of his career. Hamilton is overrated imo. **** them and their payroll. Switch payrolls Billy has him 2 championships.

Back
Top Bottom