The Oakland Raiders 2016 Offseason Thread | Welcome, Karl & Jihad & Shilique & DeAndre

We might be staying in Oakland but get a new stadium. Peter King said the league will give us more money from the relocation fees possibly.

Today's the day. Hopefully they can put this issue to bed so the team can stop being distracted over where they are going to play and focus on winning more games. 

Read that. Still has to pass owner vote right? 24/32 needed. I wonder how many owners oppose. 

Read that. Still has to pass owner vote right? 24/32 needed. I wonder how many owners oppose. 

Not only that but it's also important to note that the focus of this committee of six owners was to analyze the two proposed relocation sites, not which teams relocate, might seem like small detail but it matters.

The Carson site isn't dependant on Mark Davis or The Raiders the way it's dependant on Spanos and the Chargers.

That said Spanos says he remains loyal to Davis and as I understand it, the Raiders do have a contractul agreement in place with Spanos granting them rights to the Carson site along with the Charger. It's all
business though, the Raiders and Chargers agreement means nothing if 22 other owners don't agree at the end of the day, expect any legally binding agreement between Mark and Spanos to be shredded immediately if a better agreement can be reached between the rest of the owners.

Last edited:
Reading it's between Carson (Raiders-Chargers) or Inglewood (Chargers-Rams). The Rams proposal of them going solo to Inglewood has been pulled out.

Apparently voting is happening right now between the owners. 
nerd.gif

I can't be the only one refreshing my twitter feed any chance I get while at work 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I think the league will use some of the relocation fees. To help the Raiders build a stadium in Oakland.

I don't need a stadium to host a superbowl....I just want a stadium big enough to display the trophy........

JUST WIN BABY!!!! 

Reading eight owners turned on Spanos during the secret ballot.

Now Mark could look to moving the team to San Diego. No ****ing way I put San Diego in the title thread, never.

$100M doesn't cover the financial gap for building in Oakland. This will drag on another year if the Chargers don't choose to go to Inglewood with the Rams.

Back
Top Bottom