*The Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 1 Post ~~ CELTICS vs LAKERS Vol. Stern got his way

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

This series is going to be great. Here are IMO the matchups

Center: Gasol vs. Perkins ADV Lakers
Power Forward: Odom vs. Garnett ADV Boston
Small Forward: Radmonavich vs. Pierce ADV Boston
Shooting Guard: Kobe vs. Allen ADV Lakers
Point Guard: Fisher vs. Rondo ADV Lakers by a little
Bench: Sashsa/Farmar/Turiaf/Ariza/Luke vs. Cassell/House/Posey/Brown/Davis ADV: Lakers by a little
Coach: Doc Rivers vs. Phil Jackson ADV: Lakers
man i hope this is right...i see it going 7...idk man!!!!!!!...i just cant wait for thursday!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by zdiddy5

Originally Posted by outkast9984

Originally Posted by zdiddy5

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

This series is going to be great. Here are IMO the matchups

Center: Gasol vs. Perkins ADV Lakers
Power Forward: Odom vs. Garnett ADV Boston
Small Forward: Radmonavich vs. Pierce ADV Boston
Shooting Guard: Kobe vs. Allen ADV Lakers
Point Guard: Fisher vs. Rondo ADV Lakers by a little A LOT
Bench: Sashsa/Farmar/Turiaf/Ariza/Luke vs. Cassell/House/Posey/Brown/Davis ADV: Lakers by a little A LOT
Coach: Doc Rivers vs. Phil Jackson ADV: Lakers

IMO
LAKESHOW FTW
pimp.gif
you must be out your mind if you think fisher has a big advantage over rondo. i would say that matchup is even. rondo had to go up against billups so this matchup is not close to be that tough. rondo is going to kill them on the boards.

You must be out of your mind thinking Rondo is a great point guard or something. Ohhh he's been going against Bibby, Delonte/Boobie, and an injured Chauncey Billups. Much tougher than Allen Iverson, Deron Williams, and Tony Parker. Oh and DFish is only making his 5th appearance in the NBA Finals. I could go on..

Rondo's been going up against some soft point guards who are more offensive minded than anything else. I dont see Rondo killing us on the boards with Gasol Odom and Kobe all being double digit rebound threats each and every night. DFish has a big physical body to keep Rondo off the glass as well

LAKESHOW FTW
pimp.gif
you must not be too smart. i dont think i mentioned rondo being a great PG. what has fish done this playoffs? there has been ton of games where hedidnt even show up. rondo did a great job rebounding against the bigs in detroit and one of the best rebounding teams in the cavaliers. you dont know what youare talking about

Rondo is better than Fisher. Rondo is going to have a great series.

I am just curious how LA is going to guard KG? Will they put Odom or Gasol on him. they should put Gasol on him and let LO take Perkins. Perkins has trouble onoffense.

Also, who guards PP? Kobe or Radman?

I expect to see Ray Allen on Kobe with a lot of team defense help. Kobe will not be allowed to go to the rim and needs to be hitting contested midrangejumpers, which he is fully capable of doing.

I think Perkins is going to give Gasol a lot of trouble in one on one situations, but Gasol will obviously get his on the motion plays that LA runs and reapthe benefits of Kobe stopping.

What's up with all of these Lakers in 5 predictions? Homers at their best. NO way does either team take 3 in a row in this series.

there isn't much of a difference between rondo and fisher to me, but fisher gets the edge because he has experience. Rondo does some things much betterthan Fisher can, but Fisher also does some things much better than Rondo (like shooting).

well according to many on NT, it looks like the celtics have absolutely no business being in the finals with the glorious lakers.... stern might as well justhand them the title now and save everyone the trouble.

Originally Posted by acidicality

there isn't much of a difference between rondo and fisher to me, but fisher gets the edge because he has experience. Rondo does some things much better than Fisher can, but Fisher also does some things much better than Rondo (like shooting).
not much diffrence???? are you crazy how about the jump shot!!!!!! and not to mention hes a much better defender!!!!!

Experience is overrated.

Rondo is a better defender than Fisher.

The only category Fisher has him beat in is shooting wide open shots.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Experience is overrated.

what would give you the impression that he is a better defender when fish locked up williams, parker, and controled AI on the way to the finals andRodo had problems with Bibby, a hurt big shot and most of all delonte west was getting off in his @@$!!!!! His inconsistancy is the reason sam and house haveto take over for him in big games. Fish got 3 rings and your gona compare him to this bum come on people lets be real.......

Experience is overrated.

--Yeah, shooting wide open shots and nailing them is pretty overrated...
eyes.gif

--Rondo is definitely over achieving...when Celt's Big 3 are gone and retired, Rondo's career will cease to exist.

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Experience is overrated.

what would give you the impression that he is a better defender when fish locked up williams, parker, and controled AI on the way to the finals and Rodo had problems with Bibby, a hurt big shot and most of all delonte west was getting off in his @@$!!!!! His inconsistancy is the reason sam and house have to take over for him in big games. Fish got 3 rings and your gona compare him to this bum come on people lets be real.......
Problems with Bibby? You just showed that you didn't watch that series. Rondo owned Bibby. Sam and House have to take over for him in big games?Try again.

Rondo will be a star in this league when the big 3 are done. You guys haven't watched him and you are passing your awful judgment. Ya'll will fall offyour high horse when Rondo blows by him on the first 3 possessions.

Experience goes a long way in the finals. This is the biggest stage in basketball. Fisher has been there many times and won. Rondo has not.

Experience is overrated.

what would give you the impression that he is a better defender when fish locked up williams, parker, and controled AI on the way to the finals and Rodo had problems with Bibby, a hurt big shot and most of all delonte west was getting off in his @@$!!!!! His inconsistancy is the reason sam and house have to take over for him in big games. Fish got 3 rings and your gona compare him to this bum come on people lets be real.......
Problems with Bibby? You just showed that you didn't watch that series. Rondo owned Bibby. Sam and House have to take over for him in big games? Try again.

Rondo will be a star in this league when the big 3 are done. You guys haven't watched him and you are passing your awful judgment. Ya'll will fall off your high horse when Rondo blows by him on the first 3 possessions.
wow in the games that atlanta won bibby owned in ATL..... and your gona tell me house and sam didnt play most of crunch time, what series were youwatching?????? i have watched dude alot im not saying he wont be a star in years to come but as of now his jumper is weak thus the reason why he cannot becompared to fish!!!!!

Originally Posted by 0aktown

the scary thing is we still haven't seen the celtics of the regular season come out to play yet. these playoff celtics are not the same team we saw dominate the east. remember this is a team that went into texas and beat all 3 superpowers including ending the rockets 22 game winning streak, this was after there was speculation that they couldn't contend with anybody in the west.

if those celtics show up, then its not going to be as easy as you think it is

also, the last team that had HUGE momemtum, playoff experience, and a HOF/MVP player and HOF coach heading into a championship game LOST. remember the superbowl??

Where a Boston team lost? If you want to make picks based on unrelated sports, you might as well just decide based on the city as well.

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Originally Posted by 0aktown

the scary thing is we still haven't seen the celtics of the regular season come out to play yet. these playoff celtics are not the same team we saw dominate the east. remember this is a team that went into texas and beat all 3 superpowers including ending the rockets 22 game winning streak, this was after there was speculation that they couldn't contend with anybody in the west.

if those celtics show up, then its not going to be as easy as you think it is

also, the last team that had HUGE momemtum, playoff experience, and a HOF/MVP player and HOF coach heading into a championship game LOST. remember the superbowl??

Where a Boston team lost? If you want to make picks based on unrelated sports, you might as well just decide based on the city as well.
im sayen and the superbowl is 1 game not a 7 gamer series, if they played it over 7 games i would put my money on the pats....

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Banks2Pierce wrote:
Rondo is better than Fisher.

I'm impartial to this series, but..
eek.gif

�Farmar > Rondo and they've played against each other for a while now..below is the 2004 McDonalds AllAmerican game..

Originally Posted by acidicality

there isn't much of a difference between rondo and fisher to me, but fisher gets the edge because he has experience. Rondo does some things much better than Fisher can, but Fisher also does some things much better than Rondo (like shooting).
not much diffrence???? are you crazy how about the jump shot!!!!!! and not to mention hes a much better defender!!!!!

jump shot=yes (and i even stated that in my post, reading is fundamental
grin.gif
)
much better defender? hell no, take those homer goggles off.
yes fisher is a good defender, but rondo is a good defender too
eyes.gif

Rondo is much quicker than Fish is, but to counteract that, Fish is stronger.

Originally Posted by KOBE is the GOAT

Experience goes a long way in the finals. This is the biggest stage in basketball. Fisher has been there many times and won. Rondo has not.
yea experience goes a long way. too bad a lot of lakers dont have it either. i know you are a laker fan but dont make arguments where the same thingcan be said about your team

Fish is CLUTCH! Do you know how many big shots he has hit in his career... Fish is a leader out on that court.

LAKERS DONT STAND A CHANCE AGAINST THE CELTS
PAUL PIERCE WIL HAVE KOBE SHOOK

Back
Top Bottom