*The Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 1 Post ~~ CELTICS vs LAKERS Vol. Stern got his way

indifferent.gif

This series is going to be great. Here are IMO the matchups

Center: Gasol vs. Perkins ADV Lakers
Power Forward: Odom vs. Garnett ADV Boston
Small Forward: Radmonavich vs. Pierce ADV Boston
Shooting Guard: Kobe vs. Allen ADV Lakers
Point Guard: Fisher vs. Rondo ADV Lakers by a little
Bench: Sashsa/Farmar/Turiaf/Ariza/Luke vs. Cassell/House/Posey/Brown/Davis ADV: Lakers by a little
Coach: Doc Rivers vs. Phil Jackson ADV: Lakers

But I'm really surprised that so many people are picking the Lakers to win.
it's because the celtics play in the eastern conference and to most people, it's like playing in Conference USA whereas the westernconference is like the ACC.... add to that, the Celtics had trouble against the hawks and cavs which people don't consider as elite teams, beat a pistonsteam that most people consider perennial underachievers and expected to get beat anyways, the lakers have Kobe, and that people still believe the "big3" are losers in big games and have made up their mind that they will once again go out quietly in the playoffs.... these are reasons.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Point Guard: Fisher vs. Rondo ADV Lakers by a little A LOT
Bench: Sashsa/Farmar/Turiaf/Ariza/Luke vs. Cassell/House/Posey/Brown/Davis ADV: Lakers by a little A LOT

IMO
LAKESHOW FTW
pimp.gif

Im anxious to see how Doc Rivers handles the pressure he's not the best X's and O's coach out there and hasn't been put in the pressure cookeryet should be great.
YOU KNOW Phil is going to do his thing and make little adjustments that will make a big difference and put his players in good positions!!
I like the rondo and cassell/fisher and farmar matchup that should be entertaining in itself.
I can't remember the last time Phil was outcoached in a 7 game series especially in the finals; the man has 9 rings!...I know larry brown beat him in 04but he's one of the best coaches ever and that was a crazy situation then. We'll see!

Im anxious to see how Doc Rivers handles the pressure he's not the best X's and O's coach out there and hasn't been put in the pressure cookeryet should be great.
YOU KNOW Phil is going to do his thing and make little adjustments that will make a big difference and put his players in good positions!!
I like the rondo and cassell/fisher and farmar matchup that should be entertaining in itself.
I can't remember the last time Phil was outcoached in a 7 game series especially in the finals; the man has 9 rings!...I know larry brown beat him in 04but he's one of the best coaches ever and that was a crazy situation then. We'll see!

If the Lakers play as best as they can then I don't see the celtics winning

I do not wanna see Tony Allen play, for some reason he always lights us up

but Doc rivers is a horrible coach so
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by zdiddy5

Bench: Sashsa/Farmar/Turiaf/Ariza/Luke vs. Cassell/House/Posey/Brown/Davis ADV: Lakers by a little A LOT

IMO
LAKESHOW FTW
pimp.gif
you must be out your mind if you think fisher has a big advantage over rondo. i would say that matchup is even. rondo had to go up against billups sothis matchup is not close to be that tough. rondo is going to kill them on the boards.

Lakers in 6.

What's the one match up Boston can use to it's advantage? KG scoring on the block..

However we all know that's not gona happen. I don't care about how intense he is. His offensive game is SOFT. And there is no changing that now.

Series will never get all that interesting.

Originally Posted by InThe617

I cannot believe people think LA is gonna win.

Boston in 6.

Obviously nobody else caught your username
laugh.gif

And Boston being aracist city present day, just really isn't all that true.

Originally Posted by purpleRElGN

why are ppl still going by the reg season?

im not tryin to hate on boston cause theyve come this far but its all their fans have to go by, those 2 games where the lakers were probably the 5th or 6thteam in the west, not the 1st place team with gasol, they want to make it sound like the team thats going to play the lakers is that same regular season bostonteam
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
and that the laker team thats going to show up is that same nov and decteam
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

they wanna discount the teams that have actually arrived in the finals, one that went 12-3 and one that went 12-8

^^I would like to hear a black man from/in Boston answer that question/statement!??! If you are than
laugh.gif
:stoneface myself

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Lakers in 6.

What's the one match up Boston can use to it's advantage? KG scoring on the block..

However we all know that's not gona happen. I don't care about how intense he is. His offensive game is SOFT. And there is no changing that now.

Series will never get all that interesting.

I agree that is a big matchup, but I think they will take advantage. Maybe not just in scoring but he will have a big impact. He needs to if we are goingto win this series.

Originally Posted by krazyg

Originally Posted by FYALADY

some of ya'll act like kobe is that much better than pierce. it's gonna be a close matchup between them. pp always plays well against kobe. i just wanna see a good series. a close one.

Kobe's 08 Playoff averages:
31.9 PPG 50.9% FG%

Paul Pierce's 08 Playoff averages:
18.6 PPG 43.3 % FG%
You're kidding right? Kobe is that much better than Paul Pierce.

lol. dude was talkin str8 outta his +%%

lol @ people not thinking DFish aint that much better than Rondo. He's been to the Finals more times and has YEARS more experience. more importantly, heknows his role on the team. not saying Rondo doesnt, but still

BOO CELTICS, GO LAKERS!

I didn't expect old feeling to come back up, but I now remember how much I hate the Celtics.

Originally Posted by outkast9984

Originally Posted by zdiddy5

IMO
LAKESHOW FTW
pimp.gif
you must be out your mind if you think fisher has a big advantage over rondo. i would say that matchup is even. rondo had to go up against billups so this matchup is not close to be that tough. rondo is going to kill them on the boards.

You must be out of your mind thinking Rondo is a great point guard or something. Ohhh he's been going against Bibby, Delonte/Boobie, and an injuredChauncey Billups. Much tougher than Allen Iverson, Deron Williams, and Tony Parker. Oh and DFish is only making his 5th appearance in the NBA Finals. I could go on..

Rondo's been going up against some soft point guards who are more offensive minded than anything else. I dont see Rondo killing us on the boards withGasol Odom and Kobe all being double digit rebound threats each and every night. DFish has a big physical body to keep Rondo off the glass as well

LAKESHOW FTW
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom