The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Cleveland Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baker and Darnold have both looked unimpressive in their careers so far. With that being said the kicker is that Baker has had elite talent surrounding him but still looks bad

Baker and Darnold have both looked unimpressive in their careers so far. With that being said the kicker is that Baker has had elite talent surrounding him but still looks bad
Flip side of that is Baker actually did have one really good year whereas Darnold hasn’t shown many signs of being special.

I ain't like Darnold at USC and the same problems he had then he has now. I'm definitely taking Baker over him. Baker got his decision making problems too and he need to shut the **** up sometimes but I still feel like he has "IT".

Baker is 24 years old, missed 0 games, has nice weapons and a beast downhill RB and still won less games than a 22-year old, mono-stricken Darnold last season

The only 'IT' factor I see resembles Brandon Weeden :lol:

Darnold had an INT problem at USC, has an INT problem in New Jersey, and will probably continue to have an INT problem throughout his career.

I’m taking Baker despite his clown comments to the media.

Nobody is calling him a bum, but he’s had the easiest path to his yards and catches of any WR in the league since he came in. Plays at least 9 games per year in a dome, never has had any legitimate #2 WR to battle for targets, Drew Brees in an uptempo pass happy offense throwing him the ball and he runs nothing but quick slants 90% of the time. To say that a legitimate beast like Mike Evans who’s had like 3-4 different coaching staffs and had nothing but interception prone QB’s like Jameis, Josh McCown and Fitzpatrick since he entered the league as well as playing almost all of his games but two outside (a lot of times in the pouring rain in Florida) couldn’t do the same things that Thomas did this past year is actual disrespect.

Michael Thomas - 125 catches for 1,405 yards 9 TD’s

Mike Evans - 86 catches for 1,504 yards 8 TD’s

This man caught 39 more balls and still had 100 less yards and only 1 more TD :lol:

Thomas - 104 catches for 1,245 yards 5 TD’s

Evans (15 games) - 71 catches for 1,001 yards 5 TD’s

Dude caught 33 more balls for 244 more yards...pretty sure Mike has had that in one game.

Thomas - 92 catches for 1,137 yards 9 TD’s

Evans - 96 catches for 1,321 yards 12 TD’s

The numbers speak for themselves

31E4FA05-1426-46C1-A32D-77C8ED27AD5F.jpeg

All this tell me is, Mike Evans is a better deep threat or YAC receiver. Both guys play in a pass happy offense.

Ironically we talking about the abundance of passes, but people still promote these pass happy offenses and try and discredit the runningback.

Talk about shaping an argument. Michael Thomas does not drop passes period. He’s always open and reliable. The reason is.... he’s DAMN good

All this tell me is, Mike Evans is a better deep threat or YAC receiver. Both guys play in a pass happy offense.

Ironically we talking about the abundance of passes, but people still promote these pass happy offenses and try and discredit the runningback.

Talk about shaping an argument. Michael Thomas does not drop passes period. He’s always open and reliable. The reason is.... he’s DAMN good

Lol come on man. It tells you that Michael Thomas gets peppered with a billion targets/opportunities while playing in a dome for at least 9 games per year playing with a HOF QB and running slant routes pretty much the whole game. He’s not a bum by any means, but he does a hell of a lot less with his targets than Mike Evans and several other WR’s.

Michael Thomas is a cry baby and always been a cry baby. I really think he takes it personal cuz his game is boring (them curl routes and slants) and people don't mention him much. You got OPOY bruh, stop crying.
I despise Michael Thomas.
MT is annoying as hell
MT soft as hell. I'm about to turn on dude.
I like him, but literally all he does is cry.
Pull your skirt down.

Screenshot_20200519-134049_Instagram.jpg

Baker is 24 years old, missed 0 games, has nice weapons and a beast downhill RB and still won less games than a 22-year old, mono-stricken Darnold last season

The only 'IT' factor I see resembles Brandon Weeden :lol:

Yeah we know Baker had a bad year. He also had a great rookie year on a team that was trash the year before he got there.

Sam has had trash rookie year and a decent year last year. He hasn't stood out at all.

Michael Thomas played with Brandin cooks in 2016. Both Thomas and Evans get targeted a lot. In the seasons that both guys played 15 games or more the difference in targets was only about 10-15. Mike Evans also has played in a pass happy offense.

Brees hasn’t thrown nearly as much since Kamara has been on the team and him aging.

Pass attempt rankings since Kamara’s rookie year:

2017: NO - 21st (536) , TB - 3rd (605)
2018: NO - 24th (519) , TB - 4th (625)
2019: NO - 14th (581), TB - 5th (630) (Jameis lead all QB’s in attempts)

So, the notion that Mike Evans is doing more with less isn’t really all that true when you look at the context. Both are elite though.

Buc Em you’ve been promoting the bucs offense as one of the best passing offenses in the league for some time now. The last couple of seasons you were posting the yards, TD’s etc.

Now you’re trying to discredit it for the sake of debating that Mike Evans is better than Thomas. Is it oochie wally or one mic?

Buc Em you’ve been promoting the bucs offense as one of the best passing offenses in the league for some time now. The last couple of seasons you were posting the yards, TD’s etc.

Now you’re trying to discredit it for the sake of debating that Mike Evans is better than Thomas. Is it oochie wally or one mic?

I don’t have to promote them, they’ve literally been a top 3 offense in yards two years in a row. The debate was “could Mike Evans put up the numbers that Michael Thomas does in the Saints system under the same circumstances.” Mike Evans has had to battle with extremely inconsistent QB play, trash weather at a ton of his games and like 4 different OC’s in his 5 years. He’s also had to battle with the targets being spread around because he’s played with Godwin, D-Jax, Humphries, OJ and Brate. Michael Thomas has gotten peppered with 9 billion targets on short slants inside of a dome with a HOF QB and same coaching staff every year.

The real question is, entering the 2020-2021 season, what starting QBs are you choosing Darnold over, for one season?\

Stidham, Herbert, Haskins....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom