THE OFFICIAL 2023 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Cowboys Gonna Cowboy

Go get your money Murray.

No thanks on that contract though. Good job Jerry/Stephen

The Marion Barber and Miles Austin deals still linger for the Cowboys and im sure was the reason why they made the ultimate decision to not pay him the $8M ...one thing we know is that the Eagles firmly believes Demarco is better than McCoy. Demarco was the best Cowboys defender and with him gone they seriously need to think about a pass rush and the entire defense.

I just want to know who will attempt to replace the production of Murray and also is Ryan Matthews available.

Anthony Spencer meeting with teams Monday... looks like he's gone too fml

Y'all think Gurley will go in the 2nd?

Last edited:
A few moves we could make.

1. Re-sign Rolando McClain
2. Open up more money (Dez, Carr, maybe Romo)
2. Go after Hardy + Fairley or C.J. Mosley... If Bill Pollian's Grade system is right, we could afford both with McClain if we free a couple more milion.
3. Maybe Sign a RB who competes for Starting spot.... C.J. Spiller, maybe Ryan Matthews if he ends up passing on Eagles.
4. Hayden, Selvie, Spillman
4. Go RB in First Round... Todd Gurley or Melvin Gordon... Hell could even go 2nd Round RB.
5. Defense rest of the draft.

We'll be fine.

Last edited:
Anthony Spencer meeting with teams Monday... looks like he's gone too fml

Y'all think Gurley will go in the 2nd?

I think if we were to pick Gurley we would need to grab him in the first round, just becase we pick so late in the second. I wouldn't mind getting him but im not sold on getting a RB coming off an ACL injury with our first pick.

Last edited:
Pay Dez now.

Wish Murray was stil with us, but i cant blame him for goin to the money. Watch we lose Dez tryin to play hard ball. (yes i know he can be franchised 2 more years, but WHY?)

Last edited:
Don't think spray tan is going to have much success in phillys system but that's none of my business. Whatever we do I PRAY we don't even look at Ryan Matthews.

Saw this in the comment section on ESPN.com:

"Sam Bradford and Demarco Murray...Looks like the 2015 Eagles are in prime position to win the 2009 Big XII Championship.." :lol:

Spray Tan.
ohwell.gif

Wish him nothing but the best, except when they play us.
laugh.gif

Spray Tan. :\

Wish him nothing but the best, except when they play us. :lol:

basically how i feel. All this talk about RBs not having a long 'lifespan' ...if thats the case, all the more reason to go get the money .

i hope his fumbling sticks tho...others need to know how it feels lol

@TheJordanRoss · 2h 2 hours ago
#Cowboys signed former Vikings ILB Jasper Brinkley (6'1"/252lbs). I assume it's for depth. Shouldn't affect the signing of Rolando McClain.

Mike Fisher RT'd it... He was right on the money with how the Cowboys were pursuing Murray, and has said little chance McClain ends up elsewhere, unless some team goes with a big offer, which is really unlikely.

Had same C grade as Justin Durant & Bruce Carter.. Don't think he's as good, a good low risk - high reward signing though. His signing makes it clear that Lee is moving outside.

From Blogging The Boys
Brinkley has only been a regular starter in two out of his six years in the league, and last season signed for the league minimum in Minnesota. That pedigree would lead you to believe he's strictly a depth signing. But, his PFF grade for 2014 was pretty good, ranking 16th among middle linebackers and receiving a +2.5. So, depending on how he fits in, maybe he could make a play for a starter's role if McClain isn't back. In comparison, McClain ranked 8th with +13.9.

We also signed Jed Collins as our new FB, could also just be Special Teams.

Free Agents I'd like to see us go after...
1. Greg Hardy - we need the pass rush. Last I read is he'll be suspended a game or 2.
2. C.J. Spiller - Can't stay healthy, but if he could, he'd be a perfect fit, and probably gets us close to the production Murray will have in Philly.
If not Spiller.
Maybe Trent Richardson on a 1 year show me contract. He looked horrible, but could make himself over knowing he needs to show out to stay in the league. I'd also draft RB anyway, so if he stinks, you just move him down the depth chart.

Either way, you still draft a RB.

3. C.J. Mosley - older, but a good depth guy at DT
4. Need another backup Tackle to replace Parnell

Free Agents we need to retain
1. Rolando McClain - Absolutely need to retain him. Losing Durant / Carter make that absolutely necessary.
2. Sterling Moore- Looked good last season.
3. Nick Hayden - Not great, but good depth
4. C.J. Spillman - Plays with some intensity, good to have back for cheap
5. George Selvie - I'd like him back, but all depends on his market.

Then can just go RB & DL in the draft. And in late rounds look at sleepers and a KR/PR

Last edited:
Let's tone it back on FA signings, Cowboys aren't doing the big FA Splash after Carr burned us.
Spiller has only missed 3 games, but he's not a in between tackle box runner. We don't run that type of offense.
I can see us trading down a bit, I know they won't be great but we will be recieving quite a haul of compensation picks from the NFL because of the players we lost in FA to other teams.
Harris, Carter, Murray, Durant, Parnell, etc.
Just for depth, we'll be alright.
Our offensive line is the same, our QB, WR trio, & our RB will be the same.
A great system is not dependent on 1 player, it's a team game.
Secondary is the same, with it without Carr.
Lee, (McClain), Hitchens, Wilber, Rivers, Brinkley.
I expect McClain back.
Lawrence, Crawford, Rookie DT, Mincey.
Add depth.
We are the same team, we plug in fresh new players and go. It's all about the system, & players who hustle bottom line.

Wouldn't mind a one year deal for Trent Richardson, it would be his last NFL chance tho. If he can't run well behind our o-line he's finished in this league :lol:

I think we are set on RB's . Rotate McFadden/Randle/Williams and we'll be alright.
Not having a star running back feels odd though...

Low risk signing. If healthy we could tun anybody into a 1,200 yard rusher with the OLine and passing game to make it running the ball easier.

Tim McMahon said focus is still RB early in the draft.

They don't have confidence in Randle.

I still think about troy hambrick taking over and supposed to be a better replacement for emmitt.. yeah I kno totally different situation . We didnt have the best line in the game.

Id be suprised if the running game becomes a weakness. Think we going to be alright

I think if we were to pick Gurley we would need to grab him in the first round, just becase we pick so late in the second. I wouldn't mind getting him but im not sold on getting a RB coming off an ACL injury with our first pick.

Worked for gore... just saying

Cowboy executive said to Fisher. They're not in on Hardy. Now I've reached a point of discontent.

He has had one good year and is a horrible human being (if all accusations are true considering he paid her off I'm thinking they are)

Writing on the wall for Randle, they're expecting him to slip up so they can cut him.

Back
Top Bottom