THE OFFICIAL 2023 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Cowboys Gonna Cowboy

I generally think the minute we paid Dak, we blew past the time to say "oh, we don't love these contracts. We need to make some changes"...

Specifically with guys like Cooper, Lawrence, Zeke.

You're kind of all-in at this point.

Unless we're staring down substantial cap savings by making these two moves... I don't get it.

Gallup over $10mil and Calvin Watkins said Cowboys likely will put the franchise tag on Schultz

Cutting Cooper to spend $22mil on Gallup and Schultz makes the Cowboys significantly worse.

Keeping Cooper, letting Gallup and Schultz go due to not wanting to pay them, and then trying to replace a WR3 and Tight End is the most likely scenario of being as good as last year.

Then going on the Defensive side, let’s say we cut DLaw. What’s the move? Keeping Gregory?

It’s a very unserious team. And it’s about time to admit, that all the arguing over the years about if Tony can be the guy or if Dak can be the guy is pointless because it’s a front office who isn’t serious about winning and would rather sabotage teams for cap savings.

Last edited:
I mean... Terrence Steele was largely serviceable at right tackle when La'el was out.

He was just miserable on the left side.

La'El isn't great. I don't see this one as an issue depending on the return.

Serviceable isn’t good enough. Also Steele isn’t better than La’el. It also opens up another hole.

Not really smart for ownership to think it makes any sense whatsoever to rebuild

Serviceable isn’t good enough. Also Steele isn’t better than La’el. It also opens up another hole.

Not really smart for ownership to think it makes any sense whatsoever to rebuild
At this point y’all just crying just to cry. Steele did just fine at RT. Collins came back from suspension and was just awful.

To me Collins best spot has always been guard if doesn’t want to play there. Move him

I wouldn’t say any of this is crying just to cry. Not a single move they’ve made since losing to the 49ers has made any sense.

-Keeping Mike McCarthy
-looking to cut their # 1 WR
-looking to cut their DE, when there isn’t another quality DE on the team, or have to sign Gregory in an answer to cut DLaw which wouldn’t make sense
-Last report was Signing their 3rd WR to 2nd WR (over $10mil a year) money coming off multiple injuries and will miss time during the season
-Franchise tagged a TE for $12mil when he isn’t elite at his position, and was more the recipient of game plan and a bunch of options that freed him up (You can live with tagging Schultz and I wanted to, but not at the risk of better players on the team)
-Looking to trade their RT when their OLine is already diminishing, and the replacement isn’t even better.
-Keeping a Kicker who is inconsistent and floating that they can’t afford their pro bowl Punter who was huge to some of their success.

There hasn’t been a single move that makes a ton of sense. Meanwhile other teams that exist in made up “cap hell” are handing out huge extensions without risking overall quality of the team.

The return for La’el doesn’t matter. This is a win now team, and an extra 3rd for a current starter isn’t a win now move. It’s the same type of dumb **** they have been doing going on 15 years. (Also dealing La’el would only save them $1.6mil)

Last edited:
1647127011756.gif

Trying To Get Worse. :rofl:

Getting rid of Coopers contract was a blessing

If they can find a way to get out of Zeke’s contract we might be able to pay people that might actually help us win

Last edited:
Stupid idiots.

bro we was going to cut him anyways. why not get a draft pick for him? i wish we got more but o well.

this season was a washed once we bring back the lame duck head coach. we may still end up winning the division by default because nobody at this moment doing anything to scare anyone.

we sure as hell not winning the super bowl if we made the perfect roster moves this year.

Shouldn’t have been looking to cut or trade him. That’s the problem.

Dumb personnel moves over and over again.

I say this fully understanding this is probably giving them too much undeserved credit - because it would be the most self-aware thing they've done in 20 years.

I do sort of wonder if some of this isn't future proofing things.

We aren't Super Bowl contenders with this group of guys. Or this coach.

Zeke's deal off next year is big. I wonder how much of this isn't "let's just go into next offseason with a real shot at reshaping this thing around Dak"

Problem is Dak could say screw this in a couple of years and ghost too.
Could have tried it fully healthy. Then make a huge purge after this season.
But alas. Who cares. They’re cursed anyway

if Gallup doesn’t have them 2 injury's this year. you giving him 12 million a year? he would see that on that on the open market. mike williams got 20 million. gallup deal is really for 2 years

It's what he would've gotten paid on the open market.

We've seen the guy healthy average 1,000 yards and 6 scores over the course of two seasons at 22 and 23...

No real reason to think he can't be a 2 unless you're looking for reasons to complain.

The only real question is whether or not Lamb is ready to be a 1.

If Kellen Moore keeps running all curls every other play its not going to matter who our receivers are

Cee Dee and Dak should be able to overcome Moore's lack of creativity now that Cooper wont be on the radio demanding the ball

Back
Top Bottom