THE OFFICIAL 2024 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Full Schedule Revealed

I wouldn't mind signing Trent for the low...low risk, high reward. I know he's been terrible but I don't trust DMC to make it through the entire season even if he did play in all 16 games last year.

Ranking Cowboys RBs based on their guaranteed dollars (ie dead money if they’re cut during TC):
1. Ryan Williams – $280k
2. Darren McFadden – $200k
3. Joseph Randle – $94k
4. Lance Dunbar – $0

This is a pretty nice situation. I assume we will draft a RB and then let the five of them battle for three spots with very little risk on our end.

Ranking Cowboys RBs based on their guaranteed dollars (ie dead money if they’re cut during TC):

1. Ryan Williams – $280k

2. Darren McFadden – $200k

3. Joseph Randle – $94k

4. Lance Dunbar – $0

This is a pretty nice situation. I assume we will draft a RB and then let the five of them battle for three spots with very little risk on our end.
not paying alot for any of them so that's good and that's what I figured. Running back by committee. Just need to draft a rb early. Hopefully the chargers don't take Gordon. Just wishful thinking. Rbs haven't been picked in the first since Trent rich iirc.

I just looked at something. There's one of two scenarios...
1. They give Murray a similar workload, and he's done in a season.
2. He gets nowhere near 1800 yards.

But look at their backfield.

Murray
Sproles
Matthews

Sproles had 57 carriers. Assume he and Matthews gets 57 each. To give Murray a break. Thats 114 carriers, about 7 a game between the 2.

The Eagles rushed the ball 474 times, that leaves 360 carries. Take away 60 or so (QBs, trick plays, etc), he's at 300 carries

If Murray goes 300 at 4.7 ypc, that's 1410...

Factor in that the Eagles line while good is not of the Cowboys caliber, Bradford is not Romo. And the pass game is not Dez - TWill - Beasley & Witten. That's going to make it much more difficult. He's going to get hit a lot.

He may be good, a 1300-1500 yard year, but that's what McCoy was going to give you. And even if Murray does 392 followed by 300. And turning 28, he's going to start feeling it.

Run DMC will do big things in Dallas if he doesnt get hurt. Made the trip to denver to see this game a few years back...Epic McFadden

I'm not expecting a lot from McFadden, another camp body until he proves otherwise.
Draft is about a month Away, I'm excited.
Defense, defense, defense!

I am not thrilled about this upcoming season. Demarco was EXCELLENT in blitz pickup, and protecting Romo, out of the backfield. That is paramount, and one of the main reasons he played so much.

Romo will revert back to his risk-taking, pass happy ways. That muscle memory will return by week 1, easily. I am not happy. Romo should've took a pay cut, Carr should've been released, Jason Witten will be 33 years old and is on the decline (we drafted him at 21 years old) and our defensive line is looking shabby...

Witten may not be prime Witten but was still an extremely good TE. And as a run blocker. He's in a class by himself.

Carr being cut now only opens up $2mil. Post June 1, opens up $8mil. A restructure would be okay. But cutting him outright isn't smart if they don't see someone they like better at CB in Free Agency.

As for Romo. Too much of a pay cut would have been disastrous for our future.

We're not better but the NFC East is pretty much a close race between us and Eagles right now.

Last edited:
Demarco Murray on the Eagles doesn't scare me. He had a big year last year because it was his contract year. He'll give them like 1000 yards while missing 5-6 games.

tough to see murray go, especially after all he did for the offense last year. i was hoping dallas would be able to bring him back on a reasonable contract, but since they couldn't & he got a bigger deal with philly, im glad they didn't overpay.

im not sold on mcfadden... his injuries have always been a concern. dallas' offensive line can provide some hope though :lol:

Agree on not cutting carr. Yeah he's mediocre but maybe if the line can get some pressure he wouldn't look so bad. I want rb 1st round then all the other picks towards fixing the d.

tough to see murray go, especially after all he did for the offense last year. i was hoping dallas would be able to bring him back on a reasonable contract, but since they couldn't & he got a bigger deal with philly, im glad they didn't overpay.

im not sold on mcfadden... his injuries have always been a concern. dallas' offensive line can provide some hope though :lol:

McFadden is not replacing Murray. It's clear that Dallas is still going through the draft to pick up a RB. I like that Indiana RB or Melvin Gordon. McFadden is just there to create competition/change of pace

Last edited:
Tevin Coleman wouldn't be a bad pick in the second round either.

Depends on how he runs at his individual pro day if he runs well I doubt he's there at 60

I am not thrilled about this upcoming season. Demarco was EXCELLENT in blitz pickup, and protecting Romo, out of the backfield. That is paramount, and one of the main reasons he played so much.

Romo will revert back to his risk-taking, pass happy ways. That muscle memory will return by week 1, easily. I am not happy. Romo should've took a pay cut, Carr should've been released, Jason Witten will be 33 years old and is on the decline (we drafted him at 21 years old) and our defensive line is looking shabby...

1.demarco was ranked 28th in blitz pickup McFadden is better in that depth

2.doubt it they saw how the running games equals wins

3.romos deal is set up to take a restructure it has to go to league minimum not doing that it will equally 18mil in dead money after deal is done

4.according to overthecap.com cutting Carr gives us 500k who exactly would you replace him with? June 1st cut gives you 8 mil but then it's dead money next year pay me now or pay me later

5.what do you want to do with Witten? He's still a top 5 te in the league

Mike Fisher is saying that as it stands, we are not pursuing Greg Hardy... BUT it is not completely close. If the risk on him is lower (less money OR he sits for a lot longer in Free Agency) we may have "renewed interest."

I think if by the end of the draft, if he's still sitting, we will pick him up for the season.

essential1 essential1 biggest difference between Shady and DeMarco is in short yardage situations against 8-9 man fronts.
Murray hits the hole and falls forward.
Shady dances in the backfield and gets blasted in the hole.

I gotta give Chip credit. He wants to run his system but also seems to understand what it takes to win in the NFC East.

Last edited:
That's true. But I also don't like the pace of that offense for him. 300 carries in that offense will end his career. Also will impact his YPC.

Anywho back to us.

Andrew Gachkar former LB of Chargers signs a 2 year deal. Looks like a ST signing first and increased depth at LB second.

mean.gif
at the disrespect Demarco got at the UFC event last night.
Ol boy was cheesin hard then had a disgusted look on his face 
laugh.gif

I woulda cheered the man

Saints reportedly have Junior Galette on the trading block. 10 sacks, 2 safeties & 3 FFs in '14.We should see what they want for him

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom