THE OFFICIAL 2024 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Full Schedule Revealed

There's plenty of guys that exceed and thrive off their athletic ability and just being bigger, stronger, more athletic.

He never looked like a guy that was going to age well in the NFL.

Turns out - that was the case as the injuries started to hit and his athletic ability started to decline.

So if his play declined due to injuries, why was the narrative he couldn't run routes and wasn't a good receiver?

what would you guys like to do this offseason ? cap space is not really a issue like that make it seem, a few roster cuts and salary restructuring and we will have room.

with Gallup tearing his ACL and wilson been a FA i think is changes things on cooper. i want cooper back but not at 20 million. i know they like turner and the rookie out of Stanford alot.

ol has to be fixed and they have to build on the pass rush we had last year.

Honestly randy gregory can kick rocks if u ask me.

One of Cooper/Gallup is gone... I wonder if Gallup's injury deflates his market to the point it makes sense to cut/trade Amari and keep Gallup.

Draft Kenyon Green in R1 to play LG. He's good enough he can swing to LT when Tyron inevitably misses time.

Then go balls to the wall on safeties and interior DL through the rest of the draft.

I'd keep Gregory. Really came on and started to figure things out. I can't imagine his FA market is gonna be nuts.

Gallup and Wilson both free agents. Wilson will be the more manageable salary to keep.

I’d let Gallup go because injury or not he’ll get a significant pay bump based on potential.

I’d keep Cooper because you can then take huge cuts to the cap after 2022 with Zeke and Cooper.

Ceedee didn’t make the leap for me to think he can be the # 1 and with Gallup coming off injury, I’d rather play it safe with Coop

Last edited:
A little bit more on how I feel about the team.

Draft I’d say there’s 3 priorities for me
OL, LB, Secondary

QB and RB stand pat.
WR- Re-sign Ced to be WR3. Re-sign Noah Brown to be WR4/WR5. I’d say we should look around for low risk guys, not expensive to find depth WRs, even as draft capital.

TE- Franchise Tag Dalton Shultz just to buy a year where we don’t have to look at TE. Then move on after the upcoming season when his price becomes too rich.

OLine - Tyron, Zack and La’El are the definites. Have to start looking for a Tyron replacement and need to sure up depth, as well as at least 1 new OLine Starter. Could always draft Tyron’s replacement, start his career at RT until he’s ready and move La’el inside.

DL - I’d re-sign Gregory. Having the depth is a good thing to have.

LB - No more LVE. Not sure where they go with it. As Micah needs to be in the pass rush.

DB- Teach Diggs about when to and when not to gamble. He has great hands. Just needs to stop jumping every route and instead bait mistakes.
I’d like a more sound coverage DB to bolster secondary.

I’ll also always advocate the need for a Safety who can lead a team. Despite 20+ years of the Jones’ having zero interest in it.

Left guard is first priority
Terrance Steele is a decent enough backup for both tackle spots

We need a dual threat tight end
Kerry Kittles/Travis Kelce prototype

Dumb organization. Same story with Dez, T.O, Miles Austin, Roy Williams, and now Amari Cooper…. We overpay for a WR and it never works and they we end up releasing them and eating their contract… We will probably do the same with Lamb

A little bit more on how I feel about the team.

TE- Franchise Tag Dalton Shultz just to buy a year where we don’t have to look at TE. Then move on after the upcoming season when his price becomes too rich.

Left guard is first priority
Terrance Steele is a decent enough backup for both tackle spots

We need a dual threat tight end
Kerry Kittles/Travis Kelce prototype

you cant franchise a TE that doesnt block and we would be paying him like 11-15 million for one year i think ? he was open all the time because of cooper,lamb and gallup.

jarwn may miss the start of the season now. but both of them have shown this offense doesnt need a elite TE, just someone that can block and catch. its many of them in free agency/draft.

lamb better be ready to step it up and learn how to catch this year

One report was they are giving Gallup a long term deal. And it was either Cooper or Gallup.

I’ll take 2 more years of Cooper over 4 of Gallup.

Afraid we made the wrong choice. Jones’ just blowing chances every time.

you cant franchise a TE that doesnt block and we would be paying him like 11-15 million for one year i think ? he was open all the time because of cooper,lamb and gallup.

jarwn may miss the start of the season now. but both of them have shown this offense doesnt need a elite TE, just someone that can block and catch. its many of them in free agency/draft.

lamb better be ready to step it up and learn how to catch this year
By dual threat I mean a tight end that can block, run good routes and catch

CeeDee better be ready to make a jump.

I'm largely fine with paying Gallup, cutting Coop and having some money to reallocate somewhere else.

But Lamb's gotta be ready to be a 1.

If Gallup can avoid more major injuries they'll be fine. If not, well...

I like Cooper but he tends to do an amazing disappearing act in games. For money/contract purposes, I see why folks have an issue with him being cut tho.

I think it’s because while Gallup is good. But there’s nothing to say Lamb is a 1. Or Gallup is good enough for a 2.

But Coop 1. Lamb 2. Ced 3 can and has worked.

This is insanely incompetent management.

The deal will likely be over $12mil a year. Based on what Dallas initially offered and I read Gallup wanted $6mil a year more.

Last edited:
Here’s something that’s really frustrating

-Cowboys could sign Gallup if they can keep him at a borderline 2nd WR salary OR pivot to Cedric Wilson who can be a solid WR3 and will be cheaper.
-Keep Cooper.
-Cut Anthony Brown to save $5mil, he’s got the 7th biggest cap hit and isn’t even our best DB, probably not even be second best
-Not re-sign Shultz, and try to find a bargain guy who can eat off the WR coverages that defenses will need to employ
-Then cut Cooper and Zeke after next year and open up over $20mil without sacrificing a year of contending.

The Alternate of cutting Coop under the guise of you need cap space when you can wait a year and using that money to re-sign Gallup and Schultz makes the Cowboys considerably worse.

It wasn’t Tony and it isn’t Dak for the reason this team doesn’t win in January. It’s ownership.

These idiots plan on dismantling the team.

It wasn’t Tony and it isn’t Dak for the reason this team doesn’t win in January. It’s ownership.

These idiots plan on dismantling the team.

this has always been coming tho. he hasnt come close to living up to what he signed for.

It’s dumb. The team isn’t ever a player in Free Agency.

So they are going to cut important players because of some self-imposed “cap hell” that doesn’t actually exist to save money to then re-sign guys who couldn’t replace the guys they cut for salaries that don’t even make sense.

See Gallup to replace Coop

It would be one thing if cutting DLaw was to replace him with a better player. But DLaw is still pretty damn good, and whoever they re-sign to replace him will be even worse.

It’s dumb. The team isn’t ever a player in Free Agency.

So they are going to cut important players because of some self-imposed “cap hell” that doesn’t actually exist to save money to then re-sign guys who couldn’t replace the guys they cut for salaries that don’t even make sense.

See Gallup to replace Coop

It would be one thing if cutting DLaw was to replace him with a better player. But DLaw is still pretty damn good, and whoever they re-sign to replace him will be even worse.
I agree, Cowboys should have thought twice about the contracts they offered Zeke, Cooper, and Lawerence. All 3 are good players but they are getting paid top 5 NFL athlete money and none of these guys are top 20 at their positions. Teams that win in the NFL don’t overpay for talent. Cowboys over pay players past their prime and have no money to improve the griddy positions.

Only way to win with this salary cap is to have smart coaches that can draft players to play a scheme that doesn’t depend on talented players.

Back
Top Bottom