The Official Adidas D Lillard 1

@TheDrDoom  creases just happen man

My philosophy is just to embrace them.  I will bet you that you're the only one who will notice them too.  If someone else calls out your shoes for creases... they're ridiculous IMO

Just wear and enjoy 
smokin.gif

Hooped in my pair. I put heel cups in cause I have a sore heel so I'm sitting a lil higher. There was slippage still. More so laterally than anything else. I do feel that it'll go away with wear and the shoe adapts to your foot.

I've seen on sole collector that it looks like adidas is releasing a "march madness" cw of these.  Not a fan of all white shoes, but these look decent.

Tried the All Star colorway today at my local shop. After lacing them up the way I lace up my shoes for casual wear [and after walking in them for a few minutes], I wasn't able to feel any heel slippage. None whatsoever. I was wearing somewhat thick socks. I don't have wide feet or anything. I'm wondering how it is that some people experience heel slippage in them. Could it have something to do with the wearer's heel shape? I don't know and I'm not sure. I'm yet to pickup a pair for hooping, so maybe things will change once I pickup one [this coming week] and start playing in them.

Edit: I wore my regular size [US 11]. The fit was ok. Normal.

Last edited:
Just played a few more games in them today.  They are excellent in some ways, better than the CF Drive and SC1 in terms of traction if you ask me, and possibly transition and court feel as well.

If we're talking about playing for hours then the Drive takes it easy.  But one or two games, I like the Lillard a lot.

Just played a few more games in them today.  They are excellent in some ways, better than the CF Drive and SC1 in terms of traction if you ask me, and possibly transition and court feel as well.

If we're talking about playing for hours then the Drive takes it easy.  But one or two games, I like the Lillard a lot.

Have you had the opportunity to play in the Kobe X yet? Asking because debating whether to get the Lillard 1 or the Kobe X to add to my rotation. One of the courts we practice at has a really old composite rubber court so we're always skating lol. How's the cushioning on these and anything similar to them?

Have you had the opportunity to play in the Kobe X yet? Asking because debating whether to get the Lillard 1 or the Kobe X to add to my rotation. One of the courts we practice at has a really old composite rubber court so we're always skating lol. How's the cushioning on these and anything similar to them?
I haven't and I haven't even bothered to check up on the Kobe X thread to be honest.  I kind of gave up on the Kobes after the VIII, mainly because of the price point.  I know the IX's are supposed to have crazy traction, but after playing in UA shoes, I didn't really miss any of my Kobes (V and VIII).

Anyway, the price difference is obviously a factor.  Lots of people are having heel slip issues with the Lillard 1, so keep that in mind.  The cushioning is okay, it's kind of thin in my opinion so heavier players or people who run a lot might need something more.  I wouldn't want to play more than like 4 games in the Lillards, whereas in the Clutchfit Drive 4 games is nothing.  The Lillards are very low to the ground and responsive, but Adiprene+ hasn't been the most durable cushioning in my experience.  I can't really compare it to anything else I run in (CF Drive, SC1, Kobe V, Hyperrev), but I think it's slightly lower to the ground than the CF Drive, but the CF Drive has better overall impact protection and durability.

I wore my BHM casually today and they are great for that. This shoe reminds me so much of the Rose 2.0. The fit, the cushioning, low to the ground feel, the materials used has a luxurious feel, and down to the lace pressure on the tongue.

Not gonna play in this pair. The BHM is a colorway that works best casually as well as the materials used has a casual appeal. I'm trying to get the Rip City to play in. Should have gotten a pair on release day. Hoping to get a pair off ebay for under $100 or just pay retail plus tax from Shoe Palace.

Last edited:
I wore my BHM casually today and they are great for that. This shoe reminds me so much of the Rose 2.0. The fit, the cushioning, low to the ground feel, the materials used has a luxurious feel, and down to the lace pressure on the tongue.

Not gonna play in this pair. The BHM is a colorway that works best casually as well as the materials used has a casual appeal. I'm trying to get the Rip City to play in. Should have gotten a pair on release day. Hoping to get a pair off ebay for under $100 or just pay retail plus tax from Shoe Palace.
BHM is a really sharp looking pair.  Details are just awesome too.  I considered a pair for casual as well.

I'm currently on the hunt for some Rose 2.5s in a size 11, but I don't want to shell out too much for them.  There are some eBay pairs going for over retail... I'd feel better at retail tops.

Last edited:
Haha you are a fiend! I really dig the rip city pair I have. For a few games at least they are fine and I like them a lot for off court wear. I want to see what else they have lined up. I wouldn't mind a red base with black and white accents.

iks mod iks mod Yeah most older/newer Adidas bball shoes on ebay are over retail. Older shoes are hard to come by too. I really want the Rose 1.5 All Stars.

kobeafro kobeafro 9 and 9.5 on Eastbay too. Double up? haha

Last edited:
Eastbay has them in stock though if you wanna double up
u know what. i might haha.

these are great for bball.

to those who has problems with the heel.

what i did was half down size plus double sock. freaking fit perfect.

and i did replace my insoles with the crazy 8 insoles

I went half down too and the fit is perfect.  My normal size in these was too roomy for me with my heel pressed into the back.  I don't need to double sock (I've never double socked), but I can't see that hurting.

With all of the panels and materials and the different color blocking options, I agree.  Crazy potential, but I don't think it's being realized.  The Rip City and All-Stars are the only colorways I've wanted to get.  All red and all white are too much for me.

Back
Top Bottom