The Official Adidas D Lillard 1

I think I screwed up on my sizing for the Lilard 2 "Home". I haven't got it yet but I usually wear a size 8.5 especially in Nikes (KD 7, Nike Air Trainer/Cruz, Jordan) but adidas is all over the place in sizing for me. Size 8.0 in adidas (EQT Guidance 93, Crazy 8s, Streetball 1.5) then 8.5 in Key Trainers and then 7.5 in Tubular X which is why I ordered a 7.5 in the Lilard 2 as people said it is long and to go half size down but wasn't sure if they was comparing to their TTS or to other adidas. adidas really needs to get their sizing more within range. Nightwing on Weartesters bought a size 8.0 (I think) and he usually wears a half size above me.

I wouldn't have worried too much but there was only a 1 (One) limit per customer for the Lilard 2. I was going to order a size 8.0 after they shipped my 7.5 but now they are sold out of the 8.0 in Canada (adidas.ca). Does that mean the "Home" is a Limited Release? adidas.com either sold them out already or haven't got them in yet. And adidas/Lilard must love Canada because mi D Lilard 2 customization costs no extra unlike on adidas.com where you pay an extra $20. Maybe it is a glitch so hopefully I can get my Lilard 2 in tomorow so I can get my sizing right and mi Lilard 2 the correct size before they jack up the price. I hope I get my sizing right for the "Home" too just in case they won't restock them as I am against paying reseller price.

Thanks for listening LOL.

I need some help. I wanted to do a Cavs colourway with a play on the LeBron 6 Chalk. Heel counter logo is white. I feel like I may need some yellow in there. 

I think I screwed up on my sizing for the Lilard 2 "Home". I haven't got it yet but I usually wear a size 8.5 especially in Nikes (KD 7, Nike Air Trainer/Cruz, Jordan) but adidas is all over the place in sizing for me. Size 8.0 in adidas (EQT Guidance 93, Crazy 8s, Streetball 1.5) then 8.5 in Key Trainers and then 7.5 in Tubular X which is why I ordered a 7.5 in the Lilard 2 as people said it is long and to go half size down but wasn't sure if they was comparing to their TTS or to other adidas. adidas really needs to get their sizing more within range. Nightwing on Weartesters bought a size 8.0 (I think) and he usually wears a half size above me.

I wouldn't have worried too much but there was only a 1 (One) limit per customer for the Lilard 2. I was going to order a size 8.0 after they shipped my 7.5 but now they are sold out of the 8.0 in Canada (adidas.ca). Does that mean the "Home" is a Limited Release? adidas.com either sold them out already or haven't got them in yet. And adidas/Lilard must love Canada because mi D Lilard 2 customization costs no extra unlike on adidas.com where you pay an extra $20. Maybe it is a glitch so hopefully I can get my Lilard 2 in tomorow so I can get my sizing right and mi Lilard 2 the correct size before they jack up the price. I hope I get my sizing right for the "Home" too just in case they won't restock them as I am against paying reseller price.

Thanks for listening LOL.
I'm in a similar boat. Made a second account just for the Rip City pair. Got the aways in TTS using a 15% off coupon and the Rip city .5 down which should be delivered over the next couple of days. I will then decide whether this is Mi worthy. Canadian prices are cheaper than US prices. The selection on Adidas.ca might not be as good, but we definitely have price and delivery time on point. 

@kookoo89  I think those are pretty solid as is!  white heel cup would also look good IMO

maybe if you wanted some yellow it could be with the Adi logo? the issue is that the yellow color seems pretty bright for a cavs look

Last edited:

@kookoo89  I think those are pretty solid as is!  white heel cup would also look good IMO

maybe if you wanted some yellow it could be with the Adi logo? the issue is that the yellow color seems pretty bright for a cavs look
Yeah, I may keep the yellow away outside of the gum bottoms (which I feel are pretty key when available. I did try making the medial quarter maroon. It looks okay, but I'm going to stick with navy all over.

Sizing was simple for me.  Got the same as the Lillard 1 and went .5 down.  I went TTS in the CLBoost 2015 and they felt slightly long but played just fine.  Lillard 1 and 2 definitely needed that extra .5 down.

Lillard must really like full-length, one-piece booties.  The 2 isn't the easiest shoe to put on.  Not really difficult, but it does take some pulling.

^Yea I get the appeal of the full bootie but to me personally, the half bootie is a better way to go.  you still get that snug one-to-one fit up front AND which part of the tongue traditional, it fits everyone when you lace up

Last edited:
I ordered two pairs, one of which came in today. Guess how I found out my correct size was 1/2 size down... They shipped my order with one foot TTS and one foot a half size down...

^That sucks.  At least they have good customer service.  Just a small hassle to get that resolved.

No coupons or anything in my order.  That's cool, but I hope they come through in the clutch in the next month or two.

^That sucks.  At least they have good customer service.  Just a small hassle to get that resolved.

No coupons or anything in my order.  That's cool, but I hope they come through in the clutch in the next month or two.
I got a 15% off coupon in mine. Just sent them an email. One of my biggest gripes with Adidas.ca is their customer service basically shuts down at 4:30. 

Created a Freegum-esque mock-up for the Lillards on miadidas. Tempted to use my 15% off code on it or just use the code on the bred's and get those for $89.25. Anyone think there will be a primeknit option on miadidas in the future? Really tempted to pull the trigger...

Here's what I'm working with:
View media item 1895771
View media item 1895770

Feedback is always appreciated - more I look at them and read how great these shoes are the more I want to cop haha.

Last edited:
Created a Freegum-esque mock-up for the Lillards on miadidas. Tempted to use my 15% off code on it or just use the code on the bred's and get those for $89.25. Anyone think there will be a primeknit option on miadidas in the future? Really tempted to pull the trigger...

Here's what I'm working with:

Feedback is always appreciated - more I look at them and read how great these shoes are the more I want to cop haha.

Have you tried them on for sizing and how they will fit you? The heel slip is improved but the fitment is not there for me. Half size down on the 1 and 2, I find the 1 fits me the best length-wise, width-wise and the top of the toes in not too roomy.

mi adidas doesn't accept returns unless they mess up on something. Not knowing how a shoe fits you and you can't exchange would be the worse possible decision.

The color blocking on your design looks good. You have your own design that you created so that's cooler than having a colorway majority has.

Don't think primeknit would be offered for mi adidas since they would have to use the crazylight boost midsole/outsole tooling. They don't add new options either.

These will go on sale down the road pretty sure. 30% code (will work for mi adidas) might be in near future. With all that said. The decision is up to you for what you want to get now or later. Get both would be the short answer lol.

Last edited:
I tried on the 1s and for some reason they fit big on me, I usually wear a 9, and I had to go down to a 8.5 and I still found some dead space above the toe, thats the only reason why I didn't buy any of the 1s. Before I pull the trigger on the mi adidas pair I made, I have to go try these on.

thapointguy thapointguy - my dude, thank you for the feedback. I haven't tried them on, but from a few friends who have them already they said to go .5 size down. Especially since I wear a 12 in everything else because I like it a little roomy, if a 12 in Adidas is going to be super roomy then I'll go 11.5 But your point as to no returns is well taken - that would suck haha.

I love the design I came up with and definitely want to cop them, but I would much rather try to find a pair locally to try on and see how they feel. Part of my problem is the lack of sneaker places where I live, so it's tough to try on certain pairs. I guess I could order a pair, try them, and return them as far as a GR goes, but man that's a pain in the *** haha.

Maybe I will wait patiently - my code expires 2.17 so I have a little time to flip and flop lol. Either way, appreciate your feedback!

Have you guys noticed that Adidas is all over the place when it comes to sizing? If a shoe is made with synthetic leather, it can fit totally different from a shoe that is made with suede, or a textile upper. I have a couple pairs of DRose 6s and the mesh upper fits totally different with the upper with leather. It can be pretty frustrating at times.

Have you guys noticed that Adidas is all over the place when it comes to sizing? If a shoe is made with synthetic leather, it can fit totally different from a shoe that is made with suede, or a textile upper. I have a couple pairs of DRose 6s and the mesh upper fits totally different with the upper with leather. It can be pretty frustrating at times.

The synthetic leather on the mi adidas Rose 6 was cut bigger and top of the toes is much roomier than the GR. One thing I don't like about adidas is the sizing as it's different from model to model and material to material. Always try them on or ask questions before buying.

thapointguy thapointguy - my dude, thank you for the feedback. I haven't tried them on, but from a few friends who have them already they said to go .5 size down. Especially since I wear a 12 in everything else because I like it a little roomy, if a 12 in Adidas is going to be super roomy then I'll go 11.5 But your point as to no returns is well taken - that would suck haha.

I love the design I came up with and definitely want to cop them, but I would much rather try to find a pair locally to try on and see how they feel. Part of my problem is the lack of sneaker places where I live, so it's tough to try on certain pairs. I guess I could order a pair, try them, and return them as far as a GR goes, but man that's a pain in the *** haha.

Maybe I will wait patiently - my code expires 2.17 so I have a little time to flip and flop lol. Either way, appreciate your feedback!

Yeah it is a pain to order to try on then return. I had to do it a few times as sizing is not consistent. Are you planning to put in your orthotics?

Last edited:
Yessir. That's the other thing I don't know about - how orthos will feel if I go 11.5. My orthos are technically a 12 (or what a 12 should be lol), but if these run big then theoretically a 11.5 should hold them. But I want to go the MiAdidas route and it's just too much of a damn risk. People on twitter were saying to go .5 size down, also haha Adidas why can't yall just be normal?!

Anyone else use othos in these? My dude iks mod iks mod is getting his pair in today so I'm waiting to see what he says, as well. thapointguy thapointguy you ever put in insoles or othos?

Back
Top Bottom