The Official Adidas D Lillard 1

To those who have tried the HyperRevs and the Lillard 2s, which budget bball shoe would you guys choose?

Just from reviews, I am seeing that they are somewhat similar, very comfortable cushion and great price but I think HyperRevs has less complaints about traction.

Hyperrevs are better but everyone seems to hate the way they look, I personally like them but you can't wear them with ankle braces so I can't wear them

I was originally going to go with the Hyperrev 16's, the red/black joints are $69.99 on Finishline right now @RFX

Like I said in my mini-review, I have wide arches and I hate having to size up or down, I try to find shoes where I can stay at size 10. So with the Hyperrevs, some had an issue with the strap not staying put and I also came to a conclusion that if these guys with regular or narrow feet had a pain in butt time getting their foot in these, I'll be struggling. But with everything else, most love the Hyperrevs overall, so I don't think it would be a bad purchase at all.

I think my whole thing with the Lillard 2's was that it was a different purchase for me, its only been Nike and a couple UA models throughout the past 3-4 years, so hearing good things about these prior to my purchasing them helped quite a bit. I've had great fit/cushioning/traction with Nike already, so I went ahead to see if I could get that with Adidas and that's what I got for the most part.

I think both have their own big flaws. D lillard 2 is a really good shoe, but suffers in the traction department. The Hyperrev does everything well except there is some heel slip and sometimes the straps come off. I'm trying to decide between these two as well. Might just go with the D Lillard 2 and suffer through the wiping. 

^ I started keeping a spare microfiber towel in my gym bag for wiping the soles. Definitely a solid tool to have when playing.

Thanks for the input. And yeah that price at Finishline is very tempting, I just got to find it in store because their website doesn't like my credit cards plus I also want to try them on.

I am actually thinking not that I should just get the HyperRevs now for that price then get a pair of Lillards 2 once it goes on sale since these two seems to be the top bball shoes of the season.

Only thing I've found the Rev better at is overall traction - don't have to wipe as much, but on clean court or keep wiping, they are very close. Just comes down to liking Zoom or foam. Fit, stability, transition are very even. Lillard, to me, has nicer materials and design, but I don't think the Rev is as ugly as most.

When I tried on the Lillards, the bounce cushion wasn't as cushioned as noticeable and I figure it might take some actual gameplay (running and jumping) to actually feel it.

I haven't tried the HyperRevs but I am getting the sense that it is somewhat similar to unlocked zoom? I have a pair of the first HyperRevs with the full length zoom and I loved how that felt, it is noticeable right off the bat and even just by walking you felt the transition from heel to toe but the new ones has segregated zoom so I assumed it was more like unlocked zoom, is my assessment about right?

I love the rip city colorway (like almost everyone else lol) and jumped on them as soon as they hit adidas.ca

I bought .5 size down and my tts because I was unsure about sizing.

In the end, I returned both pairs. I really wanted to keep at least one pair but didn't feel that the bounce cushioning would be enough for me and I experienced a lot of heel slip in both sizes.

I think bounce would be adequate for most when playing and more than enough for casual wear, but I was planning on using them on the court so combined that with the heel slip, I had to send them back.

I ended up getting the Bradley Beal PE HyperRevs and so far I like them a lot. Haven't taken them on court yet but from my initial try on I was impressed. I love the cushion and I had very minor heel slip, but nothing that would make me lose confidence on the court.

I like the looks of the HyperRevs but I love the Lillard 2's. Just didn't work out for me.

RFX - really close to unlocked. The split bags actually make it feel better, to me, than the OG. Breaks that stiff midsole up some and improves transition. Makes it a little more organic, like a FYW adidas. Almost.

Having put a lot of hours in both the HyperRev 2016s and the Lillard 2s, I am comfortable in saying I prefer playing in the Revs. Not that I don't enjoy the Lillards. Lillards in my opinion have a better silhouette, tighter fit, better materials and just look less clunky. But the first step on my Revs just feels so much more bouncy. I feel like it's propelling me. I definitely fly up and down the court faster and generally have more stamina in those.

Just seen the KD 9. It's a shame that Nike is stealing from Adidas now. The KD 9 is influenced by the lillard 2 and tubular primeknit

Just seen the KD 9. It's a shame that Nike is stealing from Adidas now. The KD 9 is influenced by the lillard 2 and tubular primeknit
Yep, Nike has been taking notes. Lillards and Currys are flying off the shelves, while it seems that for another year those LeBron and KD elites will sit with those ridiculous price tags. I don't know how much that KD9 will cost, but it'll probably be closer to 200USD than 150...

Right now, I'm waiting for Adidas' autumn line up. 

I saw the similarity to the Lillard as well. It's pretty interesting/crazy to think that Adidas might be the one leading the way in front of Nike for some basketball shoe designs (and non-bball shoes as well). The fact that it's at least arguable is pretty impressive to me regarding how quickly adidas has stepped it up in the last few years.

Edit: and as tvuollo tvuollo noted, this fall could be really big for Adidas. I'm excited to see how some of those models turn out.

Last edited:
^ Yea I'm pretty excited about the Adidas basketball slate for the Fall. I've seen the leaked pics and I'm digging the organic look of both the Rose 7 and the Crazylight Boosts.

Also, I hope Adidas retains the budget friendly-strong performance they supplied us with the Lillard line so far. Something that Nike and KD promised with that line....originally.

Last edited:
2016 Crazylight Lows are meh, but I've only seen one colorway so maybe if I see it with different color blocking I'll like it more.

Crazy Explosives are nice. A few PE colorways have leaked.

D Rose 7s, the red colorway in particular are really intriguing. The mint green sole: :smokin

Lastly, Harden's sig should be out late 2016/early 2017.

^ Yea I'm pretty excited about the Adidas basketball slate for the Fall. I've seen the leaked pics and I'm digging the organic look of both the Rose 7 and the Crazylight Boosts.

Also, I hope Adidas retains the budget friendly-strong performance they supplied us with the Lillard line so far. Something that Nike and KD promised with that line....originally.

CLBoost will be $130, rose 7 stays at $140, and Crazy explosive comes at $150.

Good looking out with the pricing info Duke, I see the pricing is pretty much the same as the current slate.

FYI, your video review for the Lillard 2's sealed the deal for me when it was coming down to the wire on my final decision for sneakers before my league started, I enjoy your guys' work on Weartesters :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom