THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:pimp: never knew this... I've been buying bball shoes and selling them on eBay if I didn't like them after breaking them I'm. This makes it real convenient

Both Nike and Adidas have these policies if you buy from them directly, the benefit to purchasing straight from the manufacturer

Nelson of hoop life is only 5'7 but can move and dunk.
Wheat city is a bigger dude but short too, schwollo is taller than both not it as stocky or skinny as first two. Nw traction seems fair only says that forefoot part isn't great. I'll be really surprised if KG likes these

Last edited:
Interesting that another reviewer gave the traction a negative. Beginning to see a trend with the harden. Great fit low cushioning supportive but only ok traction .. and half size down.

Last edited:
Kick genius also tried to say the Jordan 31 traction was pretty good with some minor slipping here and there. I feel like these YouTube reviewers side with the companies that look out for them and invite to weartest events.

Definitely that's the case. They don't want to be burning bridges. While they try to hide it and claim that they don't do it, but it's definitely something you get a feeling of when you finally get the the feel of the shoe yourself.

Kick genius also tried to say the Jordan 31 traction was pretty good with some minor slipping here and there. I feel like these YouTube reviewers side with the companies that look out for them and invite to weartest events.

It's all with the words and tone imo. I try to stick to Nt reviews and the smaller reviewers. Don't really trust anyone who gets freebies and perks...

Say what y'all want about the fit and traction, but all I know is Harden is balling OUT in these mofos. I watch every Rockets game and I'll trust his performance before I trust random dude on a message board or YouTube lol

Say what y'all want about the fit and traction, but all I know is Harden is balling OUT in these mofos. I watch every Rockets game and I'll trust his performance before I trust random dude on a message board or YouTube lol

That's some pretty screwed up way of thinking. A professional basketball player playing well does not equate to whether or not a shoe is good.

I mean I love this shoe. It's actually my number 1 shoe right now above my D Lillard 2s but it doesn't mean it doesn't have issues. Nonetheless, I still love this shoe and prefer it over my many shoes. I just think it's one of those shoes that cannot please everyone.

And to the particular poster buc em buc em who claims this is not a performance shoe for basketball, quit over exaggerating. It's just a sad thing that this shoe is one of those that requires break in time AND somehow does not accommodate to all shapes of feet. But that doesn't take away from the fact that this shoe is pretty good. It's just not for everyone.

Last edited:
Harden would be ballinng out no matter what shoe he is wearing.

Its always speculated that shoes that players wear arent exactly the same shoes sold to the public anyways, mainly differences in insoles.

Any of ya'll in here better then these dudes in these videos ?  
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Surprised about some of the negative reviews on traction, for me it's been outstanding across all of the courts I've played on.

In terms of these VS the Lillard 2, I'd take the Hardens. 

Surprised about some of the negative reviews on traction, for me it's been outstanding across all of the courts I've played on.

In terms of these VS the Lillard 2, I'd take the Hardens. 

I just played in the lillard 2 prime knit with the continental outsoles, and the grip is ridiculously sticky. The cushion feels really good too but the lockdown could be tighter.

I really hope I enjoy my hardens even more - that would be really amazing . I don't expect the traction to be as good as the lillard 2s but even if they are close with a tighter fit, it would be a huge winner in my book. I think they should make them with the continental rubber in the future and they would definitely have a winner with the traction. For now, I will enjoy rocking my "imma be a stars", off court.

Last edited:
Ok few things:

- I swapped my laces, with my Kobe 9 black flat laces. I don't know what it is. Is feels like a different shoe. Easier to lace up, which makes lockdown and fit amazing.

- Break in time needed forsure. Pinching was annoying for the first few tries, but it gets better afterwards. No more pinching near the lace loops or toe box for me.

- Traction has been fine for me. Played in 3 different gyms, moderately dusty, but had no issues with traction. Easy to wipe off dust.

Biggest thing for me was the lace swap. I do hate that I had to do it, but it makes the shoe feel so much better imo. Lockdown and fit is almost night and day for me, cause the stock laces were a friggen chore and a half to lace up. This shoe is definitely in my ball rotation. I actually like these over my Lillard 2s.

lace swap made my CE and CLBs fit better too, I don't have the DROse 7 but I feel it's going to be the same

the laces they use are just too smooth so the laces slips loose even when double knotted

Shoutout to whoever posted that Nice Kicks deal for $98 I am sending my pair back that I copped off Adidas for like $121. Crazy that a shoe not that old can be had for $42 discount already but I certainly welcome it.

It's weird I tried the 1/2 size down and man was my foot cramped. I do have a pair of custom orthotics so I'm going to try TTS 12 with my latest order off NK.

I also used the runners loop by altering the lacing pattern on the last two holes and the difference was incredible as far as lockdown and containment after the runners loop.

I couldn't deal with the tightness so even if a 12 is a little long and roomy I usually prefer to double sock when hooping anyways so I hope that works out for me. Otherwise I loved everything about the shoe itself. To note, I do suppose I have wider feet than most. If you're not like me, 1/2 size down should be perfect for you.

Shoutout to whoever posted that Nice Kicks deal for $98 I am sending my pair back that I copped off Adidas for like $121. Crazy that a shoe not that old can be had for $42 discount already but I certainly welcome it.

It's weird I tried the 1/2 size down and man was my foot cramped. I do have a pair of custom orthotics so I'm going to try TTS 12 with my latest order off NK.

I also used the runners loop by altering the lacing pattern on the last two holes and the difference was incredible as far as lockdown and containment after the runners loop.

I couldn't deal with the tightness so even if a 12 is a little long and roomy I usually prefer to double sock when hooping anyways so I hope that works out for me. Otherwise I loved everything about the shoe itself. To note, I do suppose I have wider feet than most. If you're not like me, 1/2 size down should be perfect for you.

Why do you double sock?

it's a personal preference but most do it to prevent blisters, toe jamming, more cushion/protection for the foot/toes. Also helps you fill in that "dead space" in areas. But if you find a pair of shoes that has good fit for you personally you probably wont need to double sock. Add that with a pair of socks designed for basketball (which as targeted cushioned areas) then you should be good. Again it is a personal preference. I don't double sock because my feet sweats more than the average.

That's some pretty screwed up way of thinking. A professional basketball player playing well does not equate to whether or not a shoe is good.

I mean I love this shoe. It's actually my number 1 shoe right now above my D Lillard 2s but it doesn't mean it doesn't have issues. Nonetheless, I still love this shoe and prefer it over my many shoes. I just think it's one of those shoes that cannot please everyone.

And to the particular poster buc em buc em who claims this is not a performance shoe for basketball, quit over exaggerating. It's just a sad thing that this shoe is one of those that requires break in time AND somehow does not accommodate to all shapes of feet. But that doesn't take away from the fact that this shoe is pretty good. It's just not for everyone.

I mean...I'm a 6'0 175 pound quick guard with a normal arch and I wear nothing but low tops for basketball. I'm a pretty prototypical size/player to be able to judge a shoe like this. They felt great in stores when I tried them on and I love the way they look so I grabbed them...but it was a different story when I actually played in them.

It's stiff as ****. The traction is below average on semi-dusty courts. The leather toe cap pinches the front of your foot. You don't feel the boost at all when playing. They feel clunky. Besides the traction, maybe these things get better after breaking them in for a few days. I played like 4 games in these the day after I got them and that was my opinion afterwards. I only play a couple days a week or so nowadays so I really don't have time to try to break a shoe in for like 10 separate wears in order for them to finally feel better.

Back
Top Bottom