THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Also found them to be clunky when trying them on. For whatever it's worth, found them to be uglier in person as well, especially that toe cap.

Why do you double sock?

Ever since AAU I've double socked - more impact protection and like mentioned above, doesn't feel bad on hard stops when you jam toes.

I honestly would feel off after so many years if I didn't now lol.

Ever since AAU I've double socked - more impact protection and like mentioned above, doesn't feel bad on hard stops when you jam toes.

I honestly would feel off after so many years if I didn't now lol.
I used to double-sock religiously... the only reason I have changed that up, is because of the thick NBA, elite and other brands of socks out now. I used to never buy any nice basketball socks, they were always hanes or some mediocre white/black socks. I've been good with one pair of the thicker performance socks these days. Definitely think double-socking is a good move though -- some pairs I have to do it and I'm almost wondering if I need to just do that and stick with the bigger size when I'm torn between two sizes.

Any of ya'll in here better then these dudes in these videos ?  
nerd.gif
I could do better dunks than these reviewers in 2000 and could still do it right now 
laugh.gif

Outside of dre baldwin, non of these shoe reviewers are even the nicest at their 24 hour fitness
laugh.gif

I heard 2 of weartesters guys blew out the new kds....  that was likely from being "wide footed" as opposed to a 48 inch explosion. 
laugh.gif

Reviewers are looking to insert themselves as brand advertisors and thats it

I used to double-sock religiously... the only reason I have changed that up, is because of the thick NBA, elite and other brands of socks out now. I used to never buy any nice basketball socks, they were always hanes or some mediocre white/black socks. I've been good with one pair of the thicker performance socks these days. Definitely think double-socking is a good move though -- some pairs I have to do it and I'm almost wondering if I need to just do that and stick with the bigger size when I'm torn between two sizes.

Exactly I've always had weird sizing where some brands a 12 is a little too narrow or tight so I go 12.5 and double socking helps there, and with Adidas especially I go 11.5 but can't do that with the Hardens - the 12 will be perfect from what I've experienced so far.

Bottom line - try them on. Even if you have to order and return (hopefully your size is still there). Going off other reviews is helpful but ultimately each person will experience differently

Nice! I was waiting for these to drop under $100, now the question is should I wait even longer til they go cheaper? Hmmmm lol
Kick genius also tried to say the Jordan 31 traction was pretty good with some minor slipping here and there. I feel like these YouTube reviewers side with the companies that look out for them and invite to weartest events.

%100 agree with your statement, was just about to come in here and say the exact same thing. Can't trust youtuber reviews.

in that case I'm going to ball in nothing but Jordans because I would trust his game over anyone elses

plus there was a rumor that wearing them makes you jump as high as MJ

can anyone confirm?
laugh.gif
 nice counterargument. 

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Titanium Tea  

I heard 2 of weartesters guys blew out the new kds....  that was likely from being "wide footed" as opposed to a 48 inch explosion. 
laugh.gif
I'm dead 
roll.gif

I could do better dunks than these reviewers in 2000 and could still do it right now :lol:
Outside of dre baldwin, non of these shoe reviewers are even the nicest at their 24 hour fitness:lol:
I heard 2 of weartesters guys blew out the new kds....  that was likely from being "wide footed" as opposed to a 48 inch explosion. :lol:

dre isn't really a shoe reviewer though. He just gets free kicks from jordan brand.

I've seen nba guys double sock even with the stance socks too

Last edited:
Dark Ops are so clean 
nthat.gif

Would be a 20% off cop if I didn't already have Pioneers

Say what y'all want about the fit and traction, but all I know is Harden is balling OUT in these mofos. I watch every Rockets game and I'll trust his performance before I trust random dude on a message board or YouTube lol
No offense, but this is puzzling to me.  Lots of pros wear shoes they're contractually obligated to wear and the facilities and conditions they play in are very different from average joes.  Tons of shoes endorsed by elite players have been straight garbage, regardless of how they perform in them.

When you frequent the forums, the dudes aren't necessarily random anymore.  I share pms with @iks mod  regularly and I  trust his thoughts because we tend to agree on performance aspects and sizing.  Most of us don't receive free product.  We pay out of pocket and we're looking for the best deals we can find.

There are clearly people on here with agendas (aka fanboys), but you can get a sense of what's what after a little research.  You'll never hear an NBA guy talk badly about the product he is endorsing, regardless of how good or bad it is.  I get a much more accurate picture from guys on NT.

These Black Ops are definitely nice in person, the all white pair is clean as well... The release date for those is 12/20.

I could do better dunks than these reviewers in 2000 and could still do it right now :lol:
Outside of dre baldwin, non of these shoe reviewers are even the nicest at their 24 hour fitness:lol:
I heard 2 of weartesters guys blew out the new kds....  that was likely from being "wide footed" as opposed to a 48 inch explosion. :lol:

This is funny. Yeah, some reviewers aren't the nicest at their 24... and how many of us in these forums is? I'll take a guess. For the most part, we are just regular guys like you who love to play and don't like wasting money on bad shoes. At least that's how I started. I admit, there are some out there who are seriously scared of pissing off companies.

I am a Weartester that didn't blow his KD zoom out, matter of fact, it is my best of the year. Yeah, I get most of my stuff free, but I'll never, EVER, COMPROMISE myself for product. I was in here doing reviews before Counterkicks or WT, and honestly, I look to this forum for honest feedback more than anywhere. If I lied, I KNOW you guys will crack me.

Last edited:
Been enjoying playing in my Pioneers so I picked these up from FTL in San Diego (UTC Mall) today.  Didn't see the Dark Ops there btw.  These retailed at 160.  

For sizing talk, I have a slightly wide feet, so my Nike TTS in 11.5 works better for me than going down to an 11 (length fits fine, just cramps my toes on the sides).

Edit:  Looks like these are the X-Mas Hardens as noted on some well known sneaker blogs out there.

Last edited:
Those are sweet! It would hurt me to play in a pair of all white $160 shoes, though! That toe cap looks very tumbled.

Last edited:
Well put @DeezyVSOP2

@nando30  -- I respect your take and I get where you're coming from, but this shoe was literally made for James Harden playing on pristine NBA hardwood.  So if he is "balling out" in them, that does not directly translate to the shoe working for every single person.  Where Harden's game is at right now (at least offensively) is insane... and that comes from experience and the work he's been doing in the off-season.  He happens to have a great shoe working for him, that is a great shoe for many others -- and maybe won't work for some. 

As far as trusting YT reviews and people on boards, I'm not out to say that you should trust every person's take, but if you follow someone long enough or talk to a handful of people long enough on boards, you'd be surprised how helpful the feedback can be. There are multiple people on NT, even just in this thread that have helped me out and I've tried to do the same.

Side note--

I sure hope everyone realizes this, but no shoe is legitimately going to make you a better basketball player. You playing better is based on your conditioning, your footwork, fundamentals, timing and just general feel for the game. Sure you may feel more comfortable in something, you may slip a little more in one shoe or another, some shoes are clunkier, some play smoother, some give better court feel. These aspects may be conducive to you playing better, but it is not going to make you drop 20 additional pts/game, dish 5 extra assists or play lockdown-D anymore than a pair of K-mart sneakers in your size (or close to your size even).  I've played some of my best basketball in a beat to hell pair of Flight 89s, that I chose to switch back to from a signature Jordan I had at the time.

Sorry to derail... I'm genuinely interested in all feedback on this shoe and appreciate all the updates

I am a Weartester that didn't blow his KD zoom out, matter of fact, it is my best of the year. Yeah, I get most of my stuff free, but I'll never, EVER, COMPROMISE myself for product. I was in here doing reviews before Counterkicks or WT, and honestly, I look to this forum for honest feedback more than anywhere. If I lied, I KNOW you guys will crack me.
I've seen you slam aspects of shoes from every brand.  I've internet-known you since the sole collector days and before Counterkicks, and the only change I've seen in your reviews is they became more polished and more extensive.

Well put @DeezyVSOP2

@nando30
 -- I respect your take and I get where you're coming from, but this shoe was literally made for James Harden playing on pristine NBA hardwood.  So if he is "balling out" in them, that does not directly translate to the shoe working for every single person.  Where Harden's game is at right now (at least offensively) is insane... and that comes from experience and the work he's been doing in the off-season.  He happens to have a great shoe working for him, that is a great shoe for many others -- and maybe won't work for some. 

As far as trusting YT reviews and people on boards, I'm not out to say that you should trust every person's take, but if you follow someone long enough or talk to a handful of people long enough on boards, you'd be surprised how helpful the feedback can be. There are multiple people on NT, even just in this thread that have helped me out and I've tried to do the same.

Side note--
I sure hope everyone realizes this, but no shoe is legitimately going to make you a better basketball player. You playing better is based on your conditioning, your footwork, fundamentals, timing and just general feel for the game. Sure you may feel more comfortable in something, you may slip a little more in one shoe or another, some shoes are clunkier, some play smoother, some give better court feel. These aspects may be conducive to you playing better, but it is not going to make you drop 20 additional pts/game, dish 5 extra assists or play lockdown-D anymore than a pair of K-mart sneakers in your size (or close to your size even).  I've played some of my best basketball in a beat to hell pair of Flight 89s, that I chose to switch back to from a signature Jordan I had at the time.

Sorry to derail... I'm genuinely interested in all feedback on this shoe and appreciate all the updates

Whattt?!! Why do I buy new shoes? Lol

Well put @DeezyVSOP2

@nando30
 -- I respect your take and I get where you're coming from, but this shoe was literally made for James Harden playing on pristine NBA hardwood.  So if he is "balling out" in them, that does not directly translate to the shoe working for every single person.  Where Harden's game is at right now (at least offensively) is insane... and that comes from experience and the work he's been doing in the off-season.  He happens to have a great shoe working for him, that is a great shoe for many others -- and maybe won't work for some. 

Side note--

I strongly disagree. Ever since I've started playing in the Hardens my game has somewhat mirrored his game... My defense is basically the mannequin challenge all game lol [emoji]128514[/emoji]

I strongly disagree. Ever since I've started playing in the Hardens my game has somewhat mirrored his game... My defense is basically the mannequin challenge all game lol [emoji]128514[/emoji]

sounds like the shoe has amazing traction then, so good that your foots practically stuck on the floor on defense

Back
Top Bottom