THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Disclaimer: This is just a photoshop edit I made. Not real or official though I wish it was. I call it "Ocean Life" . Comes with colored boost! So what do u guys think of my harden ls edit?

nice design! Was hyped for a second, before I read your text :wink:

Anyone want to say an estimate for the break in time for this shoe? Shoes are not as wide footer friendly as I thought they'll be.

Man, will adidas ever get their sizing together? I got my black LS pair today and they feel an entire size small. I went TTS (14) in the regular vol 1 and while there was a bit of extra length, they fit fine. With the LS my toes are hitting the end of the shoe, and the nylon-backed primeknit is suffocating the tops of my toes. I just ordered a size 15 to try...

It's not even just their shoes...I bought two shirts (both XL, "regular fit," 100% cotton) and one fits like a straight jacket and the other feels like a muumuu.

Disclaimer: This is just a photoshop edit I made. Not real or official though I wish it was. I call it "Ocean Life" . Comes with colored boost! So what do u guys think of my harden ls edit?
1bzGuAC.jpg

that colorway is legit

Man, will adidas ever get their sizing together? I got my black LS pair today and they feel an entire size small. I went TTS (14) in the regular vol 1 and while there was a bit of extra length, they fit fine. With the LS my toes are hitting the end of the shoe, and the nylon-backed primeknit is suffocating the tops of my toes. I just ordered a size 15 to try...

It's not even just their shoes...I bought two shirts (both XL, "regular fit," 100% cotton) and one fits like a straight jacket and the other feels like a muumuu.

Their sizing is all over the place.

Yep, Boost definitely packs out over time. I've been playing in the Homes heavily since release. Mine definitely feel less bouncy and responsive than Red Rockets I just got. I'm happy I've been able to get 6+ months out of them.

Thank you for confirming my decision to stay away from these. Had this happen with the Rose 6 twice, but instead of 6+ mons I only got like 2. Have been going with BrandBlack BlackFoam and Jetlon EVL and haven't regretted it once. Cushioning is still thick and amazing months later.

Was close to getting the Rose 5 too because they were on sale for $30 (they were the black Christmas primeknit colorway too, extremely good fit and felt extremely light.). Held off because I knew BrandBlack was coming with the Future Legend lows soon...

Thank you for confirming my decision to stay away from these. Had this happen with the Rose 6 twice, but instead of 6+ mons I only got like 2. Have been going with BrandBlack BlackFoam and Jetlon EVL and haven't regretted it once. Cushioning is still thick and amazing months later.

Was close to getting the Rose 5 too because they were on sale for $30 (they were the black Christmas primeknit colorway too, extremely good fit and felt extremely light.). Held off because I knew BrandBlack was coming with the Future Legend lows soon...

You and I had very similar issues with the Rose 6s - the boost just wasn't great in those. Some pairs started out hard, some were soft that went hard quickly, and I had a couple of pairs that were mostly soft but had hard spots. I know some people raved about the 6s, but I never had a pair that I loved because the boost was just inconsistent and frustrating. I've had great experiences with the Harden 1s (4 pairs) and CE lows (1 pair). The boost in all of them have been very consistent. The boost does lose a little bounce after a while, but it's very slow, gradual, and no where near as bad as the Rose 6s. None of my shoes from this year feel anything like bricks. They just feel like the boost has gotten a little denser. I was very skeptical of boost for basketball after so many bad experiences with the Rose 6s. After this last year's batch of boost shoes, I'm really excited to try some more.

You and I had very similar issues with the Rose 6s - the boost just wasn't great in those. Some pairs started out hard, some were soft that went hard quickly, and I had a couple of pairs that were mostly soft but had hard spots. I know some people raved about the 6s, but I never had a pair that I loved because the boost was just inconsistent and frustrating. I've had great experiences with the Harden 1s (4 pairs) and CE lows (1 pair). The boost in all of them have been very consistent. The boost does lose a little bounce after a while, but it's very slow, gradual, and no where near as bad as the Rose 6s. None of my shoes from this year feel anything like bricks. They just feel like the boost has gotten a little denser. I was very skeptical of boost for basketball after so many bad experiences with the Rose 6s. After this last year's batch of boost shoes, I'm really excited to try some more.

Well darn, thanks for making it difficult because I trust you 100% lol! I really wanted the Hardens because, from a store try-on, the Boost felt perfect for me; some soft bounce in the forefoot but low to the ground. I wouldn't mind losing a LITTLE of that bounce (as this will happen with ANY shoe), just as long as it doesn't happen like the Rose 6. What's funny is, although people joke about it, I started having "career ending" injuries in the Rose 6. My achiles is still in shambles after playing in them when the Boost got hard (which I think is what resulted in the the injury). I love BrandBlack's cushioning, so I will continue to have those as my #1s on the "target list", but I will keep an eye out for Crazy Explosive '16 Lows and Harden Vol 1s that go on sale. If they drop low enough ($40-$50 range) I will probably cop a pair of either one to give Boost one last chance while playing it safe financially lol.

Ironically, my Kobe 9s (though they lost some height and bounce) still have good enough impact protection for me and are plenty comfortable.

Last edited:
Should be getting my size 15 LS tomorrow...hope they fit well.

I can't get over how small the 14 felt. However, in every other aspect...the shoe felt REALLY comfortable. The boost felt very bouncy rather than mushy.

Man such a wasted opportunity for them to make the toecap on the Yacht Party's the spandex-like material like on the black ones. Something about the knit of them look like they would fit better with the stretchy strap and not the toecap. Guess im gonna have to cop but with extra toe pain. And it also sucks how the strap will wrinkle over time making the shoe look less new. Reference pic:
adidas-Harden-Vol-1-Yacht-Party-1.jpg

Well darn, thanks for making it difficult because I trust you 100% lol! I really wanted the Hardens because, from a store try-on, the Boost felt perfect for me; some soft bounce in the forefoot but low to the ground. I wouldn't mind losing a LITTLE of that bounce (as this will happen with ANY shoe), just as long as it doesn't happen like the Rose 6. What's funny is, although people joke about it, I started having "career ending" injuries in the Rose 6. My achiles is still in shambles after playing in them when the Boost got hard (which I think is what resulted in the the injury). I love BrandBlack's cushioning, so I will continue to have those as my #1s on the "target list", but I will keep an eye out for Crazy Explosive '16 Lows and Harden Vol 1s that go on sale. If they drop low enough ($40-$50 range) I will probably cop a pair of either one to give Boost one last chance while playing it safe financially lol.

Ironically, my Kobe 9s (though they lost some height and bounce) still have good enough impact protection for me and are plenty comfortable.
I don't think hardens will fall to $40

Back
Top Bottom