The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
this video really brings out the definition of the shoe, in my opinion these are way better than the 2013 version

That's adorbs .... he doesn't realize the number in tg BReds is the date it was 'banned' from the NBA and that BANNED 1s got the year wrong (cause if the shoe was banned in October of 85 then it would have been MJs second year in the league and he had the broken foot for part of that season) ...

Seems as though the two different shades of red between the '13 and '16 models is a hot topic of debate.

Those of you who keep thinking the 2013 are closer to the originals from '85 when it comes to the shade of red are sadly mistaken. OG's from '85 have the deeper shade of red that is exactly like the ones dropping in two weeks. That's why they're called remasters.

In my humble opinion, the '13s are overpriced, overrated, overhyped, and overbright on the red when you compare them to the OGs and the '16s. People need to stop claiming that the red on the '13s is closer to the OG than the '16s because that's not the case. Now the tumbled leather on the swoosh of the '16s, that's another story. The tumbled leather's beauty on the Bred 1s will be in the eye of the beholder.

Overrated & overhyped where? They get bashed annually on NT. As for the red being dark on the 85s you're totally wrong. You cannot use those photos are a comparison cuz each pic has different lighting. The '13 were closer, and these are darker. It is what it is.
Annual bashing of the '13s on NT notwithstanding, they are still overrated and overhyped because of the resell prices for  the '13s, which people are listing between $500-800 on DS pairs all over the place. Ridiculous.

Overrated because the quality on the '13s pales in comparison to, for example, the much better leather on the Pinnacle 1s, yet '13 Bred 1s go for more $$ in the marketplace and is more coveted.

As far the '85s go, I am not totally wrong. The red on the '85s is a different shade of red than the '13s - FACT. I've never owned the '85 Breds but my uncle and my cousin both did, and I've held them in my hands so I do know from my own experience. Whether you think the '13s are closer is subjective. I traded my 13s long ago but eventually I'll acquire the '13s again and in due time I'll be able to compare the '13s, '16s, '11 Banned, and OG's under the same light. It's still my opinion that the '16s shade of red is closer to the '85s than the '13s.

Last edited:
But I thought everyone wanted a bright red though? Where was the want for a dark red in 2001? What about 2009? And 2011? Also 2013?

Rarely if ever did I see someone say, I wish these were cranberry red. Everyone wants a bright red like the 2001s

Now all of sudden dark red is all the rage! Ok guys

:lol:  
-4TmGO.gif

:rofl:

Maybe I missed the reference skipping over a ton of posts but where is the love for the darker shade of red? All I've seen is the opposite.

I don't have a connect or a plug on these. Nor do I have any info about production numbers and I won't lie and make up random amounts to try and gain anything. I will say it seems like certain areas are flourishing more than normal which is good overall. Obviously there will be areas that remain baron and less blessed. In my area it is a def 3:1 improvement than any other remastered 1 release the past year and change.

These are like chameleons and yall might like these shoes one day and the next be like ........

Light changes the look on many things

It's a cry for resell money.

Even first time J1 stores are getting 2 FSRs.

That list is showing the biggest 3 accounts in L.A. only getting 1 FSR :lol:

It's gonna be job to cop but not $500-600 hard.

agreed.

No way those are the numbers. Bev Center FTL getting 1 FSR? On a holiday weekend? Nope

But it will still be a tough cop.

Word is Santa Monica FA23 and champs maybe only 1 FSR. Not sure about FTL.

I concede defeat.

Word is Santa Monica FA23 and champs maybe only 1 FSR. Not sure about FTL.

I concede defeat.

I find it very hard to believe the FA23 received 1 FSR. They get more than that for even somewhat limited releases.

If its true, that FSR is spoken for. Gone. Vamoose

I find it very hard to believe the FA23 received 1 FSR. They get more than that for even somewhat limited releases.

This speaks to Footlocker (not Action) size allocation....and yeah you're right FA23 (NYC) last year got around 400-600 pairs on the SBB restock. Even the UNCs (which they received only part of its shipment for release day) it had around 112 pairs (after employee attrition).

Last edited:

I was saying the same thing, it's a 23 store for Christ sakes.

400-600 on restock?!?!? I actually believe it.

Its crazy how we went from 1 store at the promenade to 3 stores within 20 steps from each other, and a Shoe Palace a block away.

But I thought everyone wanted a bright red though? Where was the want for a dark red in 2001? What about 2009? And 2011? Also 2013?

Rarely if ever did I see someone say, I wish these were cranberry red. Everyone wants a bright red like the 2001s

Now all of sudden dark red is all the rage! Ok guys
Which one do you think is closer to the '16s, the 2001 on the left or the 2013 on the right?

IMG_8182.jpg

IMG_8178.jpg

IMG_8183.jpg

isn't this how all AJ1 threads be? Goes from easy cop, to easy if you do some homework, to not easy even if you do some homework, to hard even if you do homework, to oh ****, how am i going to get these shoes, to here's $350 reseller, please don't flake on me?

Releases like this is why I pretty much stopped copping Jordans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom