The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
:smh: these are really releasing again. 2015 mold isn't even that much noticeable on feet compared to 2013 :smh:
have to disagree as well, it noticeable enough to rather have a 2015 mold over a 2013, at least for me. matter of preference i guess.

U flip flopping again? I made that argument the other day and u denied it, saying Balt is the real source.

Come on...

Just need a pic from an official source and decide whether or not to put my 2013 on the bay.

The mold is the better on the '15 versions but it isn't a deal breaker for me. The leather quality though on the '15 versions were definitely way better imo.

I hope they'll be available in Japan too, cuz I'm seriously considering getting a pair.

if these really are releasing, they should keep them instore all year round like white AF1s at this point. royals should have came first IMO

IDK about all that

If nike did that with the 1s, Id be so happy. Forget exclusivity and conspicuous consumption. I just really like the shoes. Id run them into the ground and theb scoop another pair constantly. Or Id buy like 5 of em and just rock em til the thread unravels. I know they wont.do that but one can dream.

Last edited:
This, IT would ruin the allure of JB... We are built to want what we can't have.. If we had the option to do so, We wouldn't do it because the chase would be easy.

I see what youre saying. But ever since i had my first retro card with the 06 Cardinal 7s I wanted the 1s on the back. Before I knew anything about jordan brand and cared about it. I wanted the 1s lol never needed hype to want a sneaker. I was 17 then, so I could care less about limited allure releases, exclusivity, and all that other mumbo jumbo. I love the silhouette and timelessness of the shoe. If that means less over saturated ig pics because everyone and their mom has it loo so be it. I'll still get my kicks and wear them into the ground.

This, IT would ruin the allure of JB... We are built to want what we can't have.. If we had the option to do so, We wouldn't do it because the chase would be easy.
I'm gonna have to disagree. I would love to be able to cop my jays like I do other kicks I like that dont have hype associated with em. I'm tired of the Saturday morning/RD chase :rofl:

I see what youre saying. But ever since i had my first retro card with the 06 Cardinal 7s I wanted the 1s on the back. Before I knew anything about jordan brand and cared about it. I wanted the 1s lol never needed hype to want a sneaker. I was 17 then, so I could care less about limited allure releases, exclusivity, and all that other mumbo jumbo. I love the silhouette and timelessness of the shoe. If that means less over saturated ig pics because everyone and their mom has it loo so be it. I'll still get my kicks and wear them into the ground.
The same with me, I wanted the White, Black, and Varsity Red 1s for a while. When I finally secured them I was so happy, I worked really hard to make enough money to secure them with the help of @gil23.

Forget about allure, you all forget that the bred 1s Nike asks or not has released 4 times in the last 7 years with a fifth release coming in 5 months. There is nothing exclusive about the bred 1s. Yall just got shook after the single limited release of these back in 2013.

Jb doesnt care about the perceived allure around a shoe, they care about them duckets. Why elese would they release a shoe a total 8 times?

Forget about allure, you all forget that the bred 1s Nike asks or not has released 4 times in the last 7 years with a fifth release coming in 5 months. There is nothing exclusive about the bred 1s. Yall just got shook after the single limited release of these back in 2013.

Jb doesnt care about the perceived allure around a shoe, they care about them duckets. Why elese would they release a shoe a total 8 times?
These haven't been retro'd since 94. Everytime someone says Jordan releases the same shoe over and over again I cringe because these shoes have 20 years in between releases. 

the banned 1s don't really count because A: It was a random outlet release that no one expected B: still wasn't the high OG and C: it was more of a special edition tribute shoe with the X's all over it. 2013 are a mid. 2001s have a disgusting nubuck swoosh. Am I missing something?

The black metallic 5s were getting this year haven't been retro'd in 17 years. True blue 3's? never. Chicagos? not since 94. This is the mold that counts. The only thing that would surpass this run is a bigger swoosh. Don't expect breds or chicagos to come around again like this for a long time.

Last edited:
These haven't been retro'd since 94. Everytime someone says Jordan releases the same shoe over and over again I cringe because these shoes have 20 years in between releases. 

the banned 1s don't really count because A: It was a random outlet release that no one expected B: still wasn't the high OG and C: it was more of a special edition tribute shoe with the X's all over it. 2013 are a mid. 2001s have a disgusting nubuck swoosh. Am I missing something?

The black metallic 5s were getting this year haven't been retro'd in 17 years. True blue 3's? never. Chicagos? not since 94. This is the mold that counts. The only thing that would surpass this run is a bigger swoosh. Don't expect breds or chicagos to come around again like this for a long time.
that's all a matter of perspective and relativity. This color way has released eight times (including the 2016) all Mau not have had nike air and one May have had a strap or an X but it's the same color way with varying details like branding, height, etc.

It's all semantics, to say the true blue 3 has never been retroed is false. To say the true blue 3s has never been retroed 100% true to the og is more accurate

Last edited:
The Banned Black, Varsity Red, and White 1s were suppose to be a special release. The only reason they were shipped to outlets was because the date in the shoes was wrong (heard this in Shoezum's video).
Funny how a wrong date can be b-graded, but not some of these "A grades" that hit retailers with some of the imperfections some people end up with :lol:

Last edited:
Funny how a wrong date can be b-graded, but not some of these A grades that hit retailers with some of the imperfections some people end up with
laugh.gif
Well I don't think they do much quality control when it comes to general releases. I believe that some people would be happy securing a pair with imperfections than not having a pair at all.
ohwell.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom