The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't forget there's more shoes coming out and you'll be ok if you miss
Plus in a couple years you'll have the chance to (not) get them again. 
tongue.gif
With out the tumbled swoosh 

I can agree with most of this

The 29 actually did sell well for the most part it was a great shoe

The issue for many was the price point being high

Adidas has great product with the NMD and ultraboosts no question

But also what helps is adidas is not pricing out the consumer

Nike has been wanting to cash in on the resell market dollars so they raised prices across their entire brand

Which has blown up in their face massively as the past 2 years have you ever seen so much Nike/Jordan shoes hit sale racks and outlets for super markdowns?

Where adidas with NMD starting at $120 is far more appealing price point to the consumer

Even now Nike has the roshe 2 coming at like 120-130 and I'm like really?

A large part of the roshe appeal was that low price point

Hell KD went up in price and newest model they lowered it and it's helped

Nike needs to lower prices on their shoes because the sheer bulk of shoes getting marked down has been a company high like I've never seen in my lifetime till recent

Nike is reducing the sell price for most of their basketball performance sneakers since the entire basketball category for them and the industry is in decline sales wise. This excludes retro models. You can find this on Nike's quarterly reports, they report it pubically.

Two malls by me that absolutely do raffles for everything even close to hyped or limited at the request of mall security are doing FCFS for these. If these are really limited it's going to be interesting there.

Nike could also be witholding stock for restocks like they did for the Legend Blue 11s. Those seemed to have restocked countless times.

Two malls by me that absolutely do raffles for everything even close to hyped or limited at the request of mall security are doing FCFS for these. If these are really limited it's going to be interesting there.

Wouldnt raffles be easier to control tho. This release dont make much sense to mat least when it comes to instore. Most places I know that dont do FCFS even for the easiest stuff are doing it for these so im a lil lost as to what that really means

How many y'all got? More than usual that you get for 1s, less or same?

We haven't gotten them yet. We get shipment every Thursday but supposedly we got around 40 pairs but my manager told me today there might be less

Last edited:
I'm sure at some point we'll see two mid cut 11s released in a calendar year. They do right by keeping it the halo model and rebooting the hype each holiday season.

2014 had the Columbia 11 and Pantone 11.
2010 had Anniversary 11 and Cool Grey 11.

Last edited:
Only can put in for 5 raffles ( 3 Sheikhs, 1 and L&H, one with the draw on Saturday)
Are they doing drawing for Niketown pickups?

Cant hit my 2 HOH raffles because I have to work on a speech for class.

Is there a real advantage to the Draw?

I've only won 1 (in store for the Grove for the FTB XI's) would love to make it 2 with these.

As long as they don't do us like the OVO release where it was impossible to enter the draw.

Last edited:
I've always wondered if they could sell multiple 11 GRs in a year successfully and retain those same sales numbers.

I think the 11s are really helped by the Holiday/Christmas timeframe and the fact that JB only does one release a year for the 3/4 (mid) 11s.

11's are the most popular selling Jordan model

And Xmas does help because you get the die hards AND the casual consumer going hard for it due to Xmas gifts

Overall in the rest of the year it's very hard to get that dual conversion on those 2 types of consumers

PEOPLE USING THE FTL, FNL, SP, CHAMPS, JJ, AND WHATEVER LAUNCH LOCATOR for drop info

-DON'T TRUST IT -

CALL YOUR LOCAL STORES OR BETTER, GO IN THE STORE!
Can you point out one store that was on the map, but the local store actually isn't getting them? Unless you talked to an air head employee (pun intended)...seems like half the workforce at some of these stores sometime. 

Thought I was the only one bothered by all this too

Also the shape of the shoe in the back looks odd to me as well

Oh well
yea these ain't banned 1s or breds to me, it's a different model altogether. Would rather the livestock pureboost for the collection this week if I had to choose one

I'm gonna call Timer Warner tomorrow and ask for a new router

My IP is banned on too many sites and I'm sick of using Vpn unblock ext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom