The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Nike themselves realized what these shoes would become they would have kept the original molds under safe guard with back ups...

i feel a reseller is someone who buys with the intention to sell whether it's one pair or multiples. There are a ton of people who do that on here.
Thing is reselling is a part of the game now and it isnt going anywhere anytime soon. Not only that, but we're ALL resellers on some level so the hipocrisy really = hate. Instead of constant complaining, we all just have to adapt. Its survival of the fittest. No way around it so, again, just accept and adapt or move on to another hobby.

Last edited:
People been doing this for years already. Such a shame but when this new generation started to get into sneakers without a care in the world, everything went to sh...

Was no early release, fakes were fake looking, not close replicas, and people never paid over retail

People paying over retail for a highly sought after model is nothing new. My dad was offered more than double what he paid for Playoff XI's in 1995 after purchasing them from Foot Locker at the Westwood Mall in Jackson, MI (small town). There was a line waiting for the store to open. People were getting robbed on outside of malls for them even back then.

I suppose these could be an exception for the times considering the appeal that particular release carried.

Getting somewhere difficult for me and calling around will just lead to ********. [emoji]128529[/emoji]

people with multiples, are the shades of the red on pairs different? just need peace of mind lol, i have 3 and 1 is a shade darker than the other 2, all were purchased from legit stores. Just that these days with all the shadyness that goes on, maybe someone could have swapped out a pair with early pairs or fakes. Does anyone have a guide to legit check these yet?

Ended up w/ 5...although I honestly thought I'd only get 1. My "known good" came from an out-of-state FNL, but took a shot w other store raffles (Hibbetts, FA)...got in on a sale from 1 of those foot site bot services ($50)...and finally lucked up on the SNKRS app. My 14 y.o. son's eyes are :nerd: but he has about $170 worth of chores to do to earn them!

On another note..although I rarely visit this site it's good to come back for (what I consider) classic releases and read through some of the stories. A ton of new names, but still the same game! Good luck to those looking.

People paying over retail for a highly sought after model is nothing new. My dad was offered more than double what he paid for Playoff XI's in 1995 after purchasing them from Foot Locker at the Westwood Mall in Jackson, MI (small town). There was a line waiting for the store to open. People were getting robbed on outside of malls for them even back then.

I suppose these could be an exception for the times considering the appeal that particular release carried.

Well given that pretty much every non-limited retro release either sat or was an easy to relatively easy cop, I'd say these were the exception.

What I don't understand is how Nike/JB can put so much effort into this release yet most of the other GR retro releases are complete garbage. Where is the quality standard?

people with multiples, are the shades of the red on pairs different? just need peace of mind lol, i have 3 and 1 is a shade darker than the other 2, all were purchased from legit stores. Just that these days with all the shadyness that goes on, maybe someone could have swapped out a pair with early pairs or fakes. Does anyone have a guide to legit check these yet?
Yes the shades of red on pairs have some variation one poster yesterday even had a pair where the left and right shoe on the same pair were slightly different shades. No there is no guide for legit checking these yet, but there's been tons of posts and pictures in the thread so go back and read up

Last edited:
I wanted to try and get a pair on my own at first, but after every failed attempt at raffles and online, I decided to use the money I had set aside for a pair to pay the remaining balance of my $21k bill.

As of Saturday at 9:07 am, I am now debt free[emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]

So, now I gotta re-up on cash to be able to buy a pair.

Priorities first, [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Nice, congrats on paying off your bill :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom