THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Strange question but did you guys who went to the AIR MAX CON in New York or Tokyo get a map like the one we got in HK? If so if anyone kept it would they be willing to trade for a HKG one through mail? Or if you don't want to trade and kept yours in a decent condition I can pay for the mail. 

Looking to make a air max display and looking to get the NYC and Tokyo one lol. 

Let me know if there's a better thread to ask. 

Going to do a quick re-lace... pics to follow. So dope IMO.

Strange question but did you guys who went to the AIR MAX CON in New York or Tokyo get a map like the one we got in HK? If so if anyone kept it would they be willing to trade for a HKG one through mail? Or if you don't want to trade and kept yours in a decent condition I can pay for the mail. 

Looking to make a air max display and looking to get the NYC and Tokyo one lol. 
The NYC AMC did not have paper maps AFAIK. When you got inside, there were ipads set up with the floor plan. Nothing to take with you though. 

Thanks for the reply. We got the ipad too, but it was for logging in to our nike plus account. Then afterwards we got that machine in the photo and we could get a map printed on some pretty thick paper with the HKG logo on it. Pretty nice. 

Not sure if these have been made before, but I love 'em.
So simple, clean and just all around dope IMO. The eyelets are like copper pennies...with the sheen and all.
I will be messing around with some lace swaps to see what I can come up with. Had to get these laces in order to get the eyelets.

Last edited:
Just came in from kicks-crew...needless to say I am not happy.

The tongue logos are so off center and bent back it's ridiculous, looks even worse in person.
Not sure how its been for recent releases but the tongues also seem super short and thin, smh

snkrsfx snkrsfx and the rest of you nerds:

Are y'all rocking sneaker shields inside these leather and waxed canvas toe boxes? I'm catalogging which of my am1s crease like crazy and need a solution to this problem.

snkrsfx snkrsfx and the rest of you nerds:

Are y'all rocking sneaker shields inside these leather and waxed canvas toe boxes? I'm catalogging which of my am1s crease like crazy and need a solution to this problem.

No, no shields for me. It's been years since I used those.
I'm thinking these are going to hold up pretty well as far as creasing goes. I have wore/stepped around a little today, and the toe box seems to be built like a tank...compared to other leather AM1's anways. The leather is stout.

Time will tell.

No, no shields for me. It's been years since I used those.
I'm thinking these are going to hold up pretty well as far as creasing goes. I have wore/stepped around a little today, and the toe box seems to be built like a tank...compared to other leather AM1's anways. The leather is stout.

Time will tell.
kk.  i guess its the waxed canvas then.  creases like paper.  you know those super crispy hard lines.  i need to see what some shields can do for my pendletons. 

kk.  i guess its the waxed canvas then.  creases like paper.  you know those super crispy hard lines.  i need to see what some shields can do for my pendletons. 

Edit :
Oh, yeah. Possibly.

Last edited:
Just came in from kicks-crew...needless to say I am not happy.

The tongue logos are so off center and bent back it's ridiculous, looks even worse in person.
Not sure how its been for recent releases but the tongues also seem super short and thin, smh

Looks almost as if the cardboard/tissue was pressed in along with the tongue of the shoe.
Not sure of a good explanation as to why the tongue tags would be crooked. Unless just some B grade stitching that got pushed through and or not caught by post production quality control.

Perhaps posting more pics to get a good look at the shoes all around.

Last edited:
Not sure if these have been made before, but I love 'em.
So simple, clean and just all around dope IMO. The eyelets are like copper pennies...with the sheen and all.
I will be messing around with some lace swaps to see what I can come up with. Had to get these laces in order to get the eyelets.

Well done. Always love the burgundy/gum combo.

Looks almost as if the cardboard/tissue was pressed in along with the tongue of the shoe.
Not sure of a good explanation as to why the tongue tags would be crooked. Unless just some B grade stitching that got pushed through and or not caught by post production quality control.

Perhaps posting more pics to get a good look at the shoes all around.
As far as I can tell there's no major issues other than the tongues (the left pair especially). There's that one line on the air unit as well as a bit of a ghost swoosh on the medial side of both shoes, not a big deal imo. I also found it a bit odd that shoes didn't come with any cardboard inserts or paper stuffing. I tried taking some better pics:

Oh, damn!!
Those last few pics of the tongue.....
I originally thought the tongue was just folded in.

Dammit man.

Yeah, there is no way I would be satisfied with that. They would be a insta-return.
I know there are mishaps but that is unacceptable...imo.
Something seems fishy. I mean, maybe not...it could just be a bad one that didn't get caught, but regardless no good...no good at all.

those safaris have to be b-grades that somehow slipped through.....
especially from they way they were packaged sans the inserts/stuffing. bummer

Back
Top Bottom