THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Anyone own a pair ? How is the shape is the old version or newer ?

Last edited:
I mean essentially yes I said hybrid because usually when you mention sole swap people tend to think you are suggesting self made
i was highlighting the fact that you 87 and air max 1 hybrid.  i believe you meant 97 and air max 1, correct?  either way, its cool, but dont know what type of reception it will give in the long run.  its a novelty piece just as any other outside the box creation is concerned.  ie. afjs back in 2009.  its not quite comparable, but looking back, theyre silly, laughable sneakers.  im sure they'll sell out because of the hype behind them, but i personally dont see hybrids having staying power. 

would rather see those "round two" hybrids as a straight 97'. The cord upper in the rainbow-esque color is dope to me

I don't know how the rest of y'all feel about this kinda thing but i can't help but get erk'd that a guy like weatherspoon, who basically makes his living off of the backs of others by flipping their **** for his gain, gets a collab with Nike. I mean I can't hate on the dudes hustle but how can Nike just go and co-sign a resell shop like that? I understand the hype a place like that builds for a brand but it still leaves a bad taste in the mouth of a guy like me, and the rest of the regulars in here, who just does this **** for the love of it.

/end rant.

Last edited:
would rather see those "round two" hybrids as a straight 97'. The cord upper in the rainbow-esque color is dope to me

I don't know how the rest of y'all feel about this kinda thing but i can't help but get erk'd that a guy like weatherspoon, who basically makes his living off of the backs of others by flipping their **** for his gain, gets a collab with Nike. I mean I can't hate on the dudes hustle but how can Nike just go and co-sign a resell shop like that? I understand the hype a place like that builds for a brand but it still leaves a bad taste in the mouth of a guy like me, and the rest of the regulars in here, who just does this **** for the love of it.

/end rant.

I could see how people would have an issue with him getting a nike collab out of all people . But if you follow him on IG you can clearly see he has a true love for nike shoes and sportswear . So in all honesty I rather someone who actually gives af do a collab than someone pretending. But thats just me

I could see how people would have an issue with him getting a nike collab out of all people . But if you follow him on IG you can clearly see he has a true love for nike shoes and sportswear . So in all honesty I rather someone who actually gives af do a collab than someone pretending. But thats just me

I can agree with this statement...also, I am salty that I don't get to kick it with Tinker and make something haha

I hope all the regulars in here can come up on as many pairs as they're after.

140$ isn't too bad at all imo
Same man, I hope everyone here cooks on release day. 

Also, when I saw that low key preview of the jewels, I cried a bit. So pumped.

And @FrankWh1te  I feel what you saying about Wotherspoon, but yeah it seems like dude has been a pretty big enthusiast for a while. He just happens to be pretty successful because of Round Two, so with those two things mixed together I'm sure that's why he was noticed.
Swapped out the laces on my jades, time to brace this sh*tty Midwest weather now
Fire pic dude. Lookin sharp with those laces 

Wish me luck tomorrow, I wanna check out my local Nike Town and see if they have the Berry AM1 and I can use my 30% off on them.

Hmmm. Heard Sean is a biter at Nike Clearance. 

Honestly most of his **** seems to be old 90s thrift finds but not just Nike, north face, Ralph Lauren etc. Never got the impression he was a straight up reseller like we see with hyped releases.

tbh I was never a big fan of jewels - but I'm honestly happy for the guys in here who want them so badly.
good, more for me. depending on what colors they release, im more excited for them than the og release.  hypebeasts wont be chasing these as much, so thats a good thing too.  

I still don't get it. No offense, but how can anyone who's into AM1 think this looks actually good? I would say okayish at best.

When Nike started to change the shape around 2008 every Sneaker Thread around the world was on fire, complaining about the toebox. Now they giving us basically that shape as "remastered" and the ppl are happy? It's the same sh*tshow Nike did with the Air Jordan Retro Remastered 2or3 years ago - while the only thing remastered was the pricetag.

The "new shape" reminds me of this pair, from the first bunch of AM1 with just a small mudguard wrap around the toebox.

/rant

of course it's my own fault as I could stop buying AM 1

There is a difference in the shoe tho so what you're saying is false. Now if it's not up to your "standards" whatever they may be then that's fine but there is a noticeable change in how the shoes do look. And using Jordan remasters as an example is terrible because Jordan retros have gotten better quality and comfort wise so you're wrong there

The new shape is a huge improvement.

To think it will be back to 2004 shape immediately is not realistic. Manufacturing techniques have changed in an effort to save money and be more efficient. I think they will continue to make improvements, so I'm feeling good about the new shape and claimed new direction for air max.

There is a difference in the shoe tho so what you're saying is false. Now if it's not up to your "standards" whatever they may be then that's fine but there is a noticeable change in how the shoes do look. And using Jordan remasters as an example is terrible because Jordan retros have gotten better quality and comfort wise so you're wrong there
 Yeah, sure there is a difference between the 2008 AM1 and the new shape. What I'm saying is, the toebox is kind of like that.
 And when Nike released them everyone was angry - now everyone is kinda happy cause Nike made the shape even worse during the years so now it's a step in the right direction. Sure that's my opinion my standards, no one has to agree on that.

I'm not that much into Jordans so I can't speak for the Jordan Heads, but I remember most ppl weren't satisfied with the remastered version(shape wise). But they may have gotten better during the releases.

Last edited:
i agree with @InContrastOfSin  in that we're being duped with this "new shape" garbo.  its not a new or remastered shape.  its a band aid on the toe wrap.  thats the emphasis of when we hear talk of this.  theres a larger picture that nike is missing, and its the overall shape.  shapes from early 2000s are cartoon like in shape, from the heel to the toe in all dimensions.  from top to bottom, left to right, front to back, inside and out.   not just the toebox.  

on the flip side, its an improvement to what we've been given for the past 5-7 years.  so its a slow process to get back to what we had.  if its going to happen at all.  we're prob shooting ourselves in the foot by eating up near future releases, as nike will prob see this as affirmation that we're satisfied and stop pressing the envelope to appease.  this isnt a complaint.  im happy its getting better, but lets be realistic with whats happening.  

if they want to talk about shape, this is how i want it.  and this is just an example, we dont know how this sneaker was doctored, etc.  just a best case scenario.  return of that big air bubble is a pipe dream. 

if they want to say, "remastered toebox mudguard wrap", then the upcoming release is accurate. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom