THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

So Footlocker doesn't have these in the mall?

laugh.gif

just made an anger purchase pre order for atmos. feels batman but took Ls on both OGs. keepin it movin

How much.. thought about pre ordering but I don't think I can do it. Hard to justify paying a 100% premium in some cases just for "peace of mind".. guess I don't want them that bad *shrug*

Went to Undefeated la brea last week and it reminded me why I don't go there in a while.... they always give a good chunk to their reseller friends....

Posted this in my local thread but thought i'd share my experience here as well

Nice to take a win after so many L's froze my *** off for them but I'd say it was worth it. Livestock had about 1 size run and I got the only pair in my size. Felt bad for the people who waited two hours plus just to walk away with nothing, especially in this horrible weather. Also got to check out the bus, pretty cool.

Only think that sucked other than the cold was long wait times for bus. And the fact that I almost picked up a prize ball containing a invite to the tinker event and the Nike guys actually made noise in anticipation but I missed it (machine wasn't working so they just put the prize capsules in a box and you stuck your hand in)

If anyone local (Toronto) knows if there's any other way to get an invite to the event I'd appreciate it if you could fill me in

Some pics:

Atmos doesn't have corrected toe box shape... What's the point...?

Last edited:
I'm really don't understand what Nike was trying to accomplish with these "limited" release I get they trying to prevent the classics from hitting the outlets but to make it so limited it seems no one obtain a pair only thing they accomplished to me is less customers... could've easily been a QS smh both consumers and Nike would've won

Damn thats alot of pages since 5 am. Howd it go on SNKRS? hope you guys were able to cook. I slept through my alarm haha

I'm really don't understand what Nike was trying to accomplish with these "limited" release I get they trying to prevent the classics from hitting the outlets but to make it so limited it seems no one obtain a pair only thing they accomplished to me is less customers... could've easily been a QS smh both consumers and Nike would've won
Unfortunately, common sense doesn't apply to Nike.

Maybe they actually had production limitations to achieve the corrected shape and quality control. Almost a test run that they decided to sell as limited release.

Copped the white safari/kumquats after the stupidity this morning, wanted them for a long time and didn't want them to dry up on the after market. Helps that the eBay coupon brought them down to like $180 shipped.

Come on man. Nike has been in the game for decades. I'm pretty sure their marketing team are composed of bright individuals, highly qualified with a great grasp of how this strategy works

If it wasn't for the limited run, none would even be talking about this.

The fact that they build, successfully at that, an enormous amount of buzz around something so bland like this speaks volume of how effective their action plan is.

to drive up demand. that simple. and its unfortunately working

I understand the limited-quantity-to-drive-up-demand argument, but eventually Nike is going to have to release something to start making money off that demand, no?

Back
Top Bottom