THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I understand the limited-quantity-to-drive-up-demand argument, but eventually Nike is going to have to release something to start making money off that demand, no?
Yea.

Theyre called consolation prizes 
laugh.gif

to drive up demand. that simple. and its unfortunately working

Yeah but the demand is for a very small amount of product given the extremely limited numbers produced... the strategy of doing that to hype people up and create demand works if you plan on releasing greater numbers shortly after but all the info right now suggest they won't be.

I understand the limited-quantity-to-drive-up-demand argument, but eventually Nike is going to have to release something to start making money off that demand, no?
Of course they will. Just look at the model for their Air Jordan release as a prime example.

Why would i lie about not copping some sneakers? Give me a break

bc if they called your name as you walked down the street saying they changed their minds and you can buy them you'd turn right around 

and you telling me you're not gonna sign up for anymore raffles for yeezys and other limited joints like these?
I'll try anywhere else aside from kith. There are other places I can try. I would burn my rose gold and mint glv's if I could. Ronnie Fieg is dead to me now.

Come on man. Nike has been in the game for decades. I'm pretty sure their marketing team are composed of bright individuals, highly qualified with a great grasp of how this strategy works

If it wasn't for the limited run, none would even be talking about this.

The fact that they build, successfully at that, an enormous amount of buzz around something so bland like this speaks volume of how effective their action plan is.
I get that they wanted to build hype but wouldn't it defeated the purpose especially if we don't get a wider release of these any time soon ? Just asking because I'm new to this a decade ago I was in high school and two decades ago I was only 4 I don't have as much knowledge as the OGs in the forum

you are consumers. none of you are on either company's pay roll.
I don't think this is true.
I see so many complaining about resellers and bots.. the only way to fix it is to hold on to your money... the shoes aren't life or death.. and the value will fall if you are patient.. these aren't worth 250+.. matter of fact, not many shoes are even worth the retail price. Don't let your emotions get the best of you.. wait it out
Yup.
I get that they wanted to build hype but wouldn't it defeated the purpose especially if we don't get a wider release of these any time soon ? Just asking because I'm new to this a decade ago I was in high school and two decades ago I was only 4 I don't have as much knowledge as the OGs in the forum
The hype diffuses across the entire brand, resulting in Nike selling more of their other shoes and apparel than they otherwise would have sold.

They will when they need to, right now they care more about putting eyes and attention on their brand. Making Nike/AMs seem like a status symbol seems more important right now. Why do you think this whole AM Day was even created? To really say thank you to AM lovers? Like others said they have a dedicated and smart team of strategists, and if I had to guess they are targeting things like; building hype, raising the brand profile, rejuvenating interest of old collectors, introducing younger consumers to Air Max, etc.

Air Max has been quite lately but Nike could easily go back to collabs with Clot, Parra, Patta, Atmos, Supreme, Fragment, etc. along with releasing OGs from their vault. This release has shown that the people and interest is still there and with the flip of a switch Nike could be at or near the top again. 

Last edited:
I'm a 10.5 in everything, but these do seem a little loose on me and I think it's because the shoe is so thin everywhere. The heel does not have a thick padding. You probably could size down, but I guess it's just a matter of trying them on.

I'm a 10.5 in everything, but these do seem a little loose on me and I think it's because the shoe is so thin everywhere. The heel does not have a thick padding. You probably could size down, but I guess it's just a matter of trying them on.

yep..i sized down

Do y'all even rock the am zero? These are the only two that I need. Still haven't unds them yet but I've been trying them on, very very comfortable.

Last edited:
@CGNTs point proven right here.  if thats part of their strategy, jokes on them because i aint buying any of their space garbage.  but jokes prob on me because they dont give a F if they acquire 1 customer to this type of line. 
I'd imagine die hard/fanatics and completest represents a tiny fraction of their consumer base. We're honestly a drop in the bucket.

End game here is they'll win, eventually.

Back
Top Bottom