THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

As an avid AM1 collector..there is nothing to "second guess" on the 103s.

If you don't have Red Annie's yet, scoop the 103s

If you have the 100s, scoop the 103s to rock and keep 100s on ice (I personally believe my 100s have better shape - but I have seen 103s with good shape as well, it's the luck of the draw like all current AM1s unfortunately. Thank Nike's sucky QC for that).

If you have HOA, scoop the 100s for when you need to retire the HOA

Moral of the story: If you can score 103s for retail, they're def worth it in my opinion.

So are they identical?

Identical in what sense?

Materials: yes

Overal "shape": I would say yes...toe wrap is great. Mudguard is def lower on my 103. But again, my 100 mudguard is HUGE (in the best way possible) I just got a semi decent guard in my 103 that leads to my opinion of shape being slightly better on 100. If you didn't see them next to a pair of 100s you wouldn't think twice at loving them.

100% worth scooping 103s.

copped off kixsqaure too but i feel like it was such an impulse buy lol smh. not that i don't want them, but maybe they could be had at retail price

copped off kixsqaure too but i feel like it was such an impulse buy lol smh. not that i don't want them, but maybe they could be had at retail price

Chicago tax is 10.25%

$140 + 10.25% = $154.xx

I can live with the extra dub I slid to secure a shoe which was a must for me.

But I feel you though, I’m like that on borderline pickups.

What trick are you talking about. Teach me

Go to a local store, tell them you want to order a certain shoe (don't tell them its the restock pair), keep it casual and give them the style code. They'll do a search and if it pops up in their inventory, they can order it and ship for free to your house.

I tried on the silver bullets and it worked, but failed on several others when the worker figured out what they were and said they haven't released yet.

Dunno, but does finishline even get AM 1s?

I'm sure this time around those who want the og 103s will get them, look at how nike re released the 97 silver bullets I think this will be the same I'm sure of it.

200 pairs at a huge hub like NT london doesnt necessarily mean they will be easier. but i def hope so.

That smell like "if you want it, you can get it but don't sleep too long" around this release! this will be a "trailer" for the blue restock

Even tho drop date doesn't list any size? accounts, the Carnaby store is definitely getting them in, if memory serves right the 100s were never available at size stores.. As for NT London 200 103s vs like 14 pairs of 100s :smokin

Last edited:
Thx to whoever posted the ubiq link. Re upped on the royal tonals as well.
20170907_020114.jpg

Just booked in for my first Bespoke at 1948... Learning a lot from seeing recent posts.. I wanted to use the Lemonade powerwall text, but the fonts they have are limited to say the least..

Tried that on my first pair, you can't use it

You also can't do a clear bottom w a photo on the bottom (wanted to do something like hyperfuse clots with the foot picture)

Good luck

Last edited:

You also can't do a clear bottom w a photo on the bottom (wanted to do something like hyperfuse atmos with the foot picture)

Good luck

You mean the Clots?

Only one I can think of that had a acupuncture foot map on the sole

You also can't do a clear bottom w a photo on the bottom (wanted to do something like hyperfuse clots with the foot picture)

Good luck

Thanks dude.. Am using the 2004 Teals as a "base" to work with.. Half talked the design through with them so not going in blind!

No matter how nice the end result, I couldn't ever feel okay with paying 1,000 for 1 pair of shoes.

That's why I just sold 4 pairs I didn't really rock anymore, and a hoodie to help fund my pair.

Essentially trading 5 items that you don't truly "need" and trade them for an experience to sit down with some Nike heads and create your dream AM1 from scratch...

It's not just the shoes, it was amazing experience to say the very least - Jonathan and Anthony at 21M knocked it out of the park. And it was even better knowing they were AM heads. It was like sitting at Nike HQ shooting the sh*t with some down to earth dudes while browsing 450+ options and just making YOUR pair.

It's definitely not for everyone, but I will say the experience is top notch.

Back
Top Bottom