THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Over the years I've probably copped a lot of kicks I shouldn't.. Way I look at it - Just hold back on impulse purchases to make way for bespokes.. Also it's a proper treat to tinker with your favourite model to that degree...

1k for shoes is 1k for shoes. 1 pair or 10 pairs...doesn't matter.

This

As cool as the experience would be I could never justify to myself to actually wear them. I have trouble wearing pairs that are worth 3-400 let alone 1k

1k for shoes is 1k for shoes. 1 pair or 10 pairs...doesn't matter.

I def agree with you

For sure $1k is $1k...I am not disagreeing with, I was just giving an example to help soften the blow if a bespoke is up your alley and something you are interested in doing soon

i mean not really?
1k for 10 pairs = you have 10 differnet pair of shoes to wear...colors...styles...all that
1k for 1 pair = one pair...just one...just that pair...just the singular pair

He's saying either way you spin it...you're still spending a stack on shoes.

Clearly, bespokes are not for everyone. There are people as seen in this thread, that can't justify or see the perceived value of spending $1,000 on designing a 1 of 1 pair of sneakers with over 450 options to choose from, and sitting down and having someone help you craft your own idea together. On the other hand, there are people who see the amount spent as an experience, there's emotional tie in's, hedonic value to be gained, and one is left with a pair of sneakers they created, in one of, if not, favorite sneaker silhouettes ever. Personally, I can't wait to be able to immerse myself in the bespoke experience.

i mean not really?
1k for 10 pairs = you have 10 differnet pair of shoes to wear...colors...styles...all that
1k for 1 pair = one pair...just one...just that pair...just the singular pair
it honestly comes down to how you consider the value of either tho. some people may see spending 1k on one shoe as okay because its that ONE shoe they really want. but there are some people that would rather have more variety by spending the same amount of money on a bunch of different styles

I def agree with you

For sure $1k is $1k...I am not disagreeing with, I was just giving an example to help soften the blow if a bespoke is up your alley and something you are interested in doing soon

yep. def speaking in terms of the money. one cant say that 1k isnt worth it for 1 pair of shoes and justify spending the same amount on 10 pairs of shoes. its all the same thing in the end...our pockets being 1k lighter.

especially when 100% of us here probably have enough shoes in our closet to last a lifetime already

sneakerhead rule #4,080 (word to tribe called quest) is justification on purchasing 10 pairs over 1 pair based on the amount of shoes you get...as if shoes is the real currency

i, personally plan on going to NYC and killing 2 bespoke birds with one stone in a month or 2.

either that, or spend 2k on sneakers eventually anyway.

really, like singledout said, most of it is doe already spent on other shoes that have been liquidated anyway. and...i could use the extra closet space.

Last edited:
Clearly, bespokes are not for everyone. There are people as seen in this thread, that can't justify or see the perceived value of spending $1,000 on designing a 1 of 1 pair of sneakers with over 450 options to choose from, and sitting down and having someone help you craft your own idea together. On the other hand, there are people who see the amount spent as an experience, there's emotional tie in's, hedonic value to be gained, and one is left with a pair of sneakers they created, in one of, if not, favorite sneaker silhouettes ever. Personally, I can't wait to be able to immerse myself in the bespoke experience.
I hope you're not lumping me into that group, I never said a thousand isn't worth that experience. But it's clear to me that they low key steer you into creating something only a mother could love and away from making something classic that Nike is too stubborn to.

Like, who honestly thinks those X stitches are cool? They obviously game you with all these extra choices.. The more you stray from the rules the more it takes away from the carefully crafted dopeness Tinker laid out 30 years ago. There's an underlay of mesh, the piecethelaces grab onto for support and the mudguard. Putting mesh on the lace support and the toe doesn't Make any sense and it reminds me of something they talk you into at the state fair. Jeremy and Todd over at21 mercer aren't doing anyone a service evidently.

If they made them in house a thousand wouldn't be a big deal at all. Its weird to me that it has to go through taiwan or wherever. How many of these things can they possibly be churning out? Seems like doing it overseas leaves a lot of room for error.
Plus who wouldn't want that made in USA tag on their Nike's?

So are the navy blues that are coming out at the end of the year going to be modeled after the 100 or 103?

I hope you're not lumping me into that group, I never said a thousand isn't worth that experience. But it's clear to me that they low key steer you into creating something only a mother could love and away from making something classic that Nike is too stubborn to.

Like, who honestly thinks those X stitches are cool? They obviously game you with all these extra choices.. The more you stray from the rules the more it takes away from the carefully crafted dopeness Tinker laid out 30 years ago. There's an underlay of mesh, the piecethelaces grab onto for support and the mudguard. Putting mesh on the lace support and the toe doesn't Make any sense and it reminds me of something they talk you into at the state fair. Jeremy and Todd over at21 mercer aren't doing anyone a service evidently.

tenor.gif

i am just gonna sell all my AM1s from 2011-2015 to finance my first bespokes, i dont even have my first one done yet and i am already thinking what i gonna cook up for my second pair :smh: :lol: :rofl: hopefully they also gonna drop the other AMs in the bespoke program like the Lights, 90s, 95s, 97s, TNs and the BWs, then the AM line will be on fire !!! #AirMaxHeadFantasies :nthat:

I love the baseball stitching and will be using it on mine. See, that's the thing, it's all opinion. What looks good to me won't look good to you so my perfect shoe might be *** to you but only my opinion matters bc I'm the one spending a rack on it.

I think the baseball or "x" stitches look really good. I think Im putting them on mine when I make a pair.

tonytobacco tonytobacco you been meatballed. ARE YOU READY FOR SOME MEATBALLS!!!
the-office-dog-dwight-jim-prank-pool-party.png

I think the baseball or "x" stitches look really good. I think Im putting them on mine when I make a pair.

im not into them, but thats the point of bespoke. each to his own. dead ***. heads will prob hate my bespoke concept.

colors from influential albums, 3m heel and upper eyestay portion, hufquake mudguard, ripstop underlay, jeweled mini swoosh and ['99] grey mesh swoosh. if available. these are for me, no one else, so im not tryna please heads with my 1k purchase.
bmx9PY8W1w2carfu2hDBKzVSVf40GdzmVkP9KU39_u3GKH5K5WxfjhGHPI_K3Qg90O2ieUr_Bq0ORVQbHFdOT88RCfZWsDERhbRv-YhdJIGlLNOqCVUgVfrq0Ut5qHgvF8pxVWN2VFBpbkR6qaCYdz-qMtAFtkshelRY_PThY-YerOTHKdMwnpK__2C7X1QwVG3UotG9GLcMJ661EnTz9eSIDss26E72w45oEY99brLEZAxChhd8-J45hg8TWt5W5PlOfOjKgLwk00QkbO6hmUstpaxfaa8NbZhNjSEOLZ71UUs9B_0cqOqRZqW8x62m02N_Yqr_VH40uh4YOmtYneno-Xb1mJXOoH4snueMlYPSkdSzHYCp3fgmUSTatEHt0Dchu4br7uteedamNx7jE38IC6ORnLr9lefADGzinfg5Ho7hYkrQBeK5pC1B_lmgRaZ0RxxKLYVXGn3sY0EJHzu-VVjbN_TU6je94RubYPbZgePGtMVaz2SkSDDuve5a_jiRJl2gA4ovFWSdGxsqAEIDYqEYLnbndybDOtUj6Za3qkZSfnQzpZYeSkJSARAVaCUzG0lluX3g-fpT2CaEggWvTH9XitiN5Y5ZAmR6jQ=s632-no

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom