THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Gents, just to confirm, the shape on the AM1's were changed from 2009 to 2016?

Wasn't until 2017 that shape started to look like pre 09 pairs/releases?
Yeah. Of course, there were big discrepancies between 1987-2008 as well, but the general consensus is that the worst shapes for am1s is from 2009 to 2016. Some people critique shape based on mudguard and toe, others will factor in the midsole and air bubble, but the biggest differences in 09-16 were the toe and mudguard shapes. A select few will hate every single shape ever to have been created and will never, EVER be satisfied by a Nike sneaker (and will always remind you).

Either you like super limited stuff or simply clown shoes :wink:

Imo we had easily 10 GRs this year which are better. But to each their own...
I just tend to prefer unique shoes that pop out. GR’s are nice and I find myself wearing my aquas or my AM1 anniversary reds at least once a week but color blocking on GR’s is always so plain haha. I love when a pair stands out and isn’t the same as a a dozen other pairs with a different color scheme.

ugggjhvhh.png

AH8145-107

Going back to find my old posts got me thinking about that time in late 2015 to early 2016 where I was just using google images and old blogs to find old pairs. Ended up coming here and guys like @singledout, @rogue5, @Red Run, @frankwh1te, and AIRMAXDISCIPLE AIRMAXDISCIPLE started schooling me. I would post a pic and they'd tell me the details on the pair. I didn't know if it was a 2012 release or a 2002 release, if it was a hyped pair or a gr. I was legit clueless. I ended up making a wish list of pairs I wanted. The top 10 were all AM1's. I like my sw and the new Parras a re nice but idk if I'd put them in my top 10.

* means I've been able to pick them up over the last few years.

Cords were my favorite of that pack. Had a pair but they were a half size too small so had to let them go.

Cherrywoods are nice too, I'm a sucker for dark red.

Not worth paying for deadstock versions of those sneakers now. They'll fall apart when worn. Scour the bays or Goat for used if you really want them.

do the OW presto upcoming are very demanded? missed on the parras but tempted to enter 1 or 2 raffles for the OWs and try to trade for Parras...after this if I'm not selected i will move on those parras, these are just shoes, nothing worth to go trough hoops for it imo

do the OW presto upcoming are very demanded? missed on the parras but tempted to enter 1 or 2 raffles for the OWs and try to trade for Parras...after this if I'm not selected i will move on those parras, these are just shoes, nothing worth to go trough hoops for it imo

Everything Off White has higher demand than these Parras. If you really want to do this, I suggest entering a lot more than 1 or 2 raffles. The prestos are the most-hyped Off White Nike model.

You can 1.5 to 2 Parras for the ow Prestos.

top 3 air max 1 that i own/owned

- elephants
- pink pack
- skull pack green (absolutely destroyed them, i've been looking for a new pair for couple years now, let me know if you come across them in uk9)

top 3 air max 1 that i'll never own

- cherrywood
- urawa
- crepe

it's just shoes, everyone should calm down :smile:

Back
Top Bottom