THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Quick question,
I used to own the AM1 OG red 2009 release. Long store short I got rid of them and never picked up the 2012 release.

Is there any difference between the 2009 and 2012 release ?
The 2012 release uses the word "vintage"  , but pictures look the same.

flight club picture refs

2009s

http://www.flightclubny.com/p.php?fc=ny&c=run&sc=am1&i=051235

2012s "vintage"

http://www.flightclubny.com/p.php?fc=ny&c=run&sc=am1&i=051817

the 2012s use sail instead of white

Last edited:
Quick question,
I used to own the AM1 OG red 2009 release. Long store short I got rid of them and never picked up the 2012 release.

Is there any difference between the 2009 and 2012 release ?
The 2012 release uses the word "vintage"  , but pictures look the same.

flight club picture refs

2009s

http://www.flightclubny.com/p.php?fc=ny&c=run&sc=am1&i=051235

2012s "vintage"

http://www.flightclubny.com/p.php?fc=ny&c=run&sc=am1&i=051817

Mesh is different style, color is more of an off white like previously stated, the tongue is nylon, different laces, air unit is red, and the material behind the tongue is white instead of red

Got those deep royal PRMs in today ... idk about em they look cheaply made and def not as freah as pics ive seen. The royal looks two toned and the lighter areas are super "ashy" looking. From a quick pov they look far inferior to my black prm pair i got friday.

What do u guys think? (Gs3 pics my camera is dead)

height12000

height12000

height12000

height12000

height12000

Was I just expecting too much of them or is something up with them cuz i wanna get my $130 back if so ... seller had good feedback and claimed authenticity on the listing

Last edited:
JC you messing with me man?! Of course a 10.5 AND a size 11 pop-up last week on eBay DS :lol: . I watch both of them and grab the 10.5 deep royal blues for $76 :smokin

:lol: told ya man I see them all the time on the bay i saw that auction too I was almost gonna come in here and post the link but then I figured I'd let you guys put the leg work in haha glad you found a pair tho

Mesh is different style, color is more of an off white like previously stated, the tongue is nylon, different laces, air unit is red, and the material behind the tongue is white instead of red
thanks for the info.

I'm guess every were is sold out for retail price on sz11.5 ?

Got those deep royal PRMs in today ... idk about em they look cheaply made and def not as freah as pics ive seen. The royal looks two toned and the lighter areas are super "ashy" looking. From a quick pov they look far inferior to my black prm pair i got friday.

What do u guys think? (Gs3 pics my camera is dead)
height12000

height12000

height12000

height12000

height12000

Was I just expecting too much of them or is something up with them cuz i wanna get my $130 back if so ... seller had good feedback and claimed authenticity on the listing

My guess is fake, I've got a pair on its way that I'll be able to compare in a few days (as long as they're not fake :lol: :frown: ) and if they're not, they look like c-grades. The way the swoosh is cut, the stitching of Nike Air on the heel and the shape of the upper collar/heel/achilles is completely different on both shoes along with the material. No way I'd pay $130 for that particular pair, I'm sure market values are up but they were also in outlets for like $60...at the very least, those were one of the pairs from an outlet even though Nike's overall quality control is pretty weak.

My guess is fake, I've got a pair on its way that I'll be able to compare in a few days (as long as they're not fake :lol: :frown: ) and if they're not, they look like c-grades. The way the swoosh is cut, the stitching of Nike Air on the heel and the shape of the upper collar/heel/achilles is completely different on both shoes along with the material. No way I'd pay $130 for that particular pair, I'm sure market values are up but they were also in outlets for like $60...at the very least, those were one of the pairs from an outlet even though Nike's overall quality control is pretty weak.

Well i paid $130 for the pair that were displayed in the listing and these are clealry not the same pair im heated ATM

Well i paid $130 for the pair that were displayed in the listing and these are clealry not the same pair im heated ATM

Hmm...wait, I definitely could be wrong, at least about them being fake so let some other people add their opinions or I'll compare my pair when I get them. Part of the reason I say this is:

http://rockcitykicks.com/collections/frontpage/products/airmax1prmdeeproyal

I've never ordered from them but I'm pretty sure they're legit and the swoosh looks funky in the pic on their site. I wouldn't be surprised if it's just Nike's **** quality.

Scarsorscabs - Those royal blue premiums are legit. Nikes quality control sucked bad on the whole release. Some peoples shoes looked wworse. Mine was purchased threw ndc and our tags match up. You're good man.

Scarsorscabs - Those royal blue premiums are legit. Nikes quality control sucked bad on the whole release. Some peoples shoes looked wworse. Mine was purchased threw ndc and our tags match up. You're good man.

Yeah, i realized it after my first post. Those should at least be marked B-grade, that's awful. Soon enough fakes will be better quality than some of what Nike puts out. Those retailed for like $110, right? Aesthetics aside, there's no way they're worth that in my mind and I feel bad that quise paid $130 for them.

These finally came in, really nice in person.. ordered an 8.5 and they sent me sz 9.5 (mowabs) 10 (black and pink). what should i do? 

Last edited:

It's been at least 10 years since I ordered id's and if def been missing out. Quality and comfort are on point. These fit way better then general releases.

Hmm...wait, I definitely could be wrong, at least about them being fake so let some other people add their opinions or I'll compare my pair when I get them. Part of the reason I say this is:

http://rockcitykicks.com/collections/frontpage/products/airmax1prmdeeproyal

I've never ordered from them but I'm pretty sure they're legit and the swoosh looks funky in the pic on their site. I wouldn't be surprised if it's just Nike's **** quality.

Yea they're definitely not fake. Same issue happened with the suede on the Milan's. a good number of people had mismatched suede on each of their pairs. There shouldn't be such a discrepancy in color though. I'm not surprised about the swoosh cut because the swoosh on the 3m premiums were horrible. But I digress, I would chuck it up to nike's crappy QC as usual

my poison green pair has mismatched suede too, that's the state of Nike. I didn't sweat it on mine since I only paid $40 for them.

Thanks for all the input. Im still highly upset whether theyre fake or real. They look horrible, luckily the seller expressed they will refund me return shipping and full price. If it werent so noticeable I would just chock it up to being nike, but the suede material is 3 different blues and the material on one back tab is smooth the other is frayed looking.

Ive been looking forward to getting em since I ordered last week just added to number of bad things for as purchases that went wrong for me and the lady yesterday. Had to return 3 different items to separate stores.

I wonder if I ID a pair how close they will come out?

What's would I expect to pay for some supreme QK's?

a year ago you could find them kind of easily for about 120, now it seems like there's only a few pairs floating and people want prices that no one will pay. You are talking about the safari looking pair with the pony hair from 2008 right?

Thanks for all the input. Im still highly upset whether theyre fake or real. They look horrible, luckily the seller expressed they will refund me return shipping and full price. If it werent so noticeable I would just chock it up to being nike, but the suede material is 3 different blues and the material on one back tab is smooth the other is frayed looking.

Ive been looking forward to getting em since I ordered last week just added to number of bad things for as purchases that went wrong for me and the lady yesterday. Had to return 3 different items to separate stores.

I wonder if I ID a pair how close they will come out?

This is one I did a week or so ago. You can only to the quarter in suede and not the base along with it too. That and I could not have the Nike check and the tag on the tongue 2 different colors.

I was about to suggest that there was an 11.5 on the bay if you could fit that, but I saw it was $130 as well and figured it probably is the same seller, lol. Like they told me and that one other guy...they will pop back up if you check regularly. I created an ebay search and just had it update me once a day with new AM1 listings in my size and description I added.

Back
Top Bottom